+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 136 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4104671;
    Thanks so much, dragonlady! The 'Maggie in the coffin' plot reminds me of the kidnapping plots that are also used on soaps occasionally. I dread them! Whenever I sense one coming like when some sinister character starts plotting some evil against some innocent character, I just shudder cause they're creepy and I know it's going to take a long, long time for the storyline to unfold! (Remember when that young woman (can't remember her name) was stalking Shawn D. and held him captive in a cage for months?)
    Nope. That was during a time, I wasn't watching. I'm kind of a off and on watcher but lately, mostly on!
    I've never been a fan of Sammi tho. Not when she started as a young girl and not now. I just want to shake her and say, "Grow up!! you have 4 children with 3 men!" But she seems to do one dumb thing after another.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4104671;
    Thanks so much, dragonlady! The 'Maggie in the coffin' plot reminds me of the kidnapping plots that are also used on soaps occasionally. I dread them! Whenever I sense one coming like when some sinister character starts plotting some evil against some innocent character, I just shudder cause they're creepy and I know it's going to take a long, long time for the storyline to unfold! (Remember when that young woman (can't remember her name) was stalking Shawn D. and held him captive in a cage for months?)
    That would be Jan Spears who stalked Shawn D I think.

Can not stand the Sami/Rafe relationship. Can't believe they think they can just cover up what she did and go on with a normal life. Heck he didn't really grieve for his sister. Just wanted to know if there was a tape recorder in the safety deposit box .....sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom;4107198;
    That would be Jan Spears who stalked Shawn D I think.

Can not stand the Sami/Rafe relationship. Can't believe they think they can just cover up what she did and go on with a normal life. Heck he didn't really grieve for his sister. Just wanted to know if there was a tape recorder in the safety deposit box .....sad.
    gotta agree with you about Rafe. Seems like a great guy but how could he be when he's soooo in love with Miss Airhead??

Am I to understand that Victor and Brady have decided to just let Viv die and rot in the casket?? They don't seem interested in her anymore, which does not abode well for Maggie.
    Am still puzzled why Gus left Viv because he didn't agree with her locking up Maggie and now came back and locked up Maggie. The writers goofed on that one.

So ok, I realize I'm watching a "soap opera" but wasn't it pushing it a bit much to have Maggie repeatedly fall into unconsciousness after being in the coffin? Old Viv was in there longer than Maggie and she wasn't Snow White waiting for her prince to wake her.
    After today's episode, I can see why John Anniston doesn't have many lines on the show. He's good at just portraying an older, rich and a little evil man without saying much. Once he starts acting, it shows that he's not very good at it.

During all the coffin scenes, I keep wondering how the bathroom facilities work and where does it go. I know, gross but I can't help wondering.

I don't care that Sammy married Rafe. I have never liked Sammy and she doesn't deserve such a great guy. But then I never liked Hope either. And long ago, I disliked Julie...even though I thought she was beautiful and tried to wear my hair just like her ( my excuse: I was in my 20's)
    Maybe I don't like leading ladies. Maybe I'm jealous. No, because I loved Marlena and no one was more beautiful than her.
    Speaking of Julie, when did she slip into "old lady-hood?" She used to be so glamorous.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4113295;
    So ok, I realize I'm watching a "soap opera" but wasn't it pushing it a bit much to have Maggie repeatedly fall into unconsciousness after being in the coffin? Old Viv was in there longer than Maggie and she wasn't Snow White waiting for her prince to wake her.
    After today's episode, I can see why John Anniston doesn't have many lines on the show. He's good at just portraying an older, rich and a little evil man without saying much. Once he starts acting, it shows that he's not very good at it.

During all the coffin scenes, I keep wondering how the bathroom facilities work and where does it go. I know, gross but I can't help wondering.

I don't care that Sammy married Rafe. I have never liked Sammy and she doesn't deserve such a great guy. But then I never liked Hope either. And long ago, I disliked Julie...even though I thought she was beautiful and tried to wear my hair just like her ( my excuse: I was in my 20's)
    Maybe I don't like leading ladies. Maybe I'm jealous. No, because I loved Marlena and no one was more beautiful than her.
    Speaking of Julie, when did she slip into "old lady-hood?" She used to be so glamorous.
    I'm still not watching the show until Maggie's out of the coffin --- so hopefully that will be soon! The bathroom question is of course gross, but really!!! What??? Does she have indoor plumbing in there? Or does she have a catheter and colostomy bag? Just too ridiculously stupid --- (which is why I can't bear to even watch the show cause I just get too annoyed to even enjoy it!)

I'm pleased to hear that Sami married Rafe. They've been star-crossed lovers, of a sort, for a long enough time. Course being married doesn't mean much on these shows. . .

Yeah, it saddens me too, to see Susan Seaforth as an old woman. I know, she was so glamorous, wasn't she? She always had a very unique kind of look -- not traditionally beautiful but yet very exotic and attractive in her own way. And Bill Hayes -- OMG people! Can you believe the guy is 85 YEARS OLD (born in 1925!!!), and yet he is still handsome and totally adorable! And the amazing thing is that he doesn't even color his hair! He's a perfect example of men who get better looking with age - and he's always been extremely good looking!

PS For anyone who's interested, Deidre Hall (Marlena) is on the Wendy Williams show tomorrow (Thursday AM - on Fox). It's a repeat because of Thanksgiving --- I saw the show when it was originally aired a month or two ago and she looked gorgeous and was as sweet and charming as ever.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 11-24-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Maggie was released from the coffin yesterday.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4113401;
    I'm still not watching the show until Maggie's out of the coffin --- so hopefully that will be soon!
    Yep, Imperfect1, you can start watching again. Maggie is out and dismissing Victor as being too evil for her to be with even tho he told her he loved her.
    I kind of went on a rant there yesterday, didn't I? Just don't have anyone else to talk to about DOOL.
    Yes, Bill Hayes was and is a good looking guy. Maybe Susan Seaforth is more old ladyish because Bill is so old. I recently read their book about their life then and now. Bill was as nice as he was good looking and talented. I was glad to read how happy they are and have been.

I almost felt bad for Sammi today when she let EJ take Johnny and Sydney and then I remembered that she shot EJ in the head and quit feeling bad for her. What a dumb bunny she has always been.

I didn't feel badly for Sami at all - the only thing I didn't like was him having Nicole take Sydney from Sami - he shoudl've done his own dirty work

As for Doug and Julie - ever notice how they are always colour coordinated???
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Wow, I can't believe I just found this thread. I have been a DOOL watcher since 1970. My new high school friends were hooked & then turned me on to it. We still are friends & watch DOOL. I can't believe all the character's I have forgotten. Calliope & Eugene were my favorites. Now, here's a question, I don't know where I heard it but that Marlena & John may be coming back for an appearance. Did anyone else hear this too? And if this is the case, why didn't they bring them back for Mrs. H's funeral?
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4116100;
    Wow, I can't believe I just found this thread. I have been a DOOL watcher since 1970. My new high school friends were hooked & then turned me on to it. We still are friends & watch DOOL. I can't believe all the character's I have forgotten. Calliope & Eugene were my favorites. Now, here's a question, I don't know where I heard it but that Marlena & John may be coming back for an appearance. Did anyone else hear this too? And if this is the case, why didn't they bring them back for Mrs. H's funeral?
    Because it's all about money. (Surprise, surprise!)
    Marlena and John want more money than the show says it can afford. I think if they really wanted to still be on the show, they would have taken less money (for an agreed upon time). I think they just don't want to be on it anymore. Maybe they're tired of it, have enough money to live comfortably or something else. Or maybe it's stubborn pride and big egos??
    It does make the story seem kind of odd when Sammi gets into so much trouble all the time and her mother is off who-knows-where. Even Kayla came all the way back from Africa! I wish they would come back because we'd have more diversity in age then. Now we have either young people or old people and the story lines with the old people are not much at all.
    I started watching DOOL in '67 or '68 and there were interesting stories for all ages.
    I want a good murder mystery again, like the Salem Strangler. Ahh, the good ol' days (of our lives).

+ Reply to Thread