+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 136 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4099107;
    Deidre Hall (Marlena) was just on the Wendy Williams Show a few weeks ago. She still looks FABULOUS and is as sweet and charming as ever.

And yes, Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) looks wonderful too. She's so pretty.

Like you, dragonlady, I've been watching (off and on) since 1966 --- which I think was Days' 2nd year, and long before either Marlena or Maggie came to town. Do you remember there were 3 huge storylines then: Susan Martin slept with Julie's boyfriend and got pregnant, Bill and Mickey Horton were both in love with Laura, and Marie Horton fell madly in love with a handsome stranger who turned out to be her long lost oldest brother Tommy!
    I sure do remember those storylines! The first Laura is on another soap, I think. She'll always be the real Laura to me. I was sad to find out that the man who played Bill has died. Like most soaps, I imagine...they've had such good storylines and then some pretty unbelievable one also. I remember the time when Chris Kositchek (who is now Roman) was on with Shannon Tweed and Gloria Loring. One of my favorite time period. Unfortunately (or maybe not) it was during the summer and my two kids started watching with me. I was so divided on whether I should let them watch or not but in the end, we all got so much enjoyment watching and talking about it. I remember how the first time I heard Phil Collin's singing "In the Air Tonight" was on the show. It'll always remind me and the kids of DOOL when we hear that song. I still have a little problem with Chris now being Roman. I liked the first Roman and loved his and Marlena's love story.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4099621;
    I sure do remember those storylines! The first Laura is on another soap, I think. She'll always be the real Laura to me. I was sad to find out that the man who played Bill has died. Like most soaps, I imagine...they've had such good storylines and then some pretty unbelievable one also. I remember the time when Chris Kositchek (who is now Roman) was on with Shannon Tweed and Gloria Loring. One of my favorite time period. Unfortunately (or maybe not) it was during the summer and my two kids started watching with me. I was so divided on whether I should let them watch or not but in the end, we all got so much enjoyment watching and talking about it. I remember how the first time I heard Phil Collin's singing "In the Air Tonight" was on the show. It'll always remind me and the kids of DOOL when we hear that song. I still have a little problem with Chris now being Roman. I liked the first Roman and loved his and Marlena's love story.
    I used to watch with my daughter too --- When she was in college I became the official background/backstory go-to person for she and her friends, because I had been watching so long that I actually remembered who begat whom and which storylines were which. About 15 years ago I found this great Days of Our Lives Trivia Book --- and it was the most fun present to give, cause we all had so much fun going through it.

Yes, I loved the Roman and Marlena love story too --- and my favorite Roman was Drake Hogestyn. Didn't matter that he started going by the name John Black. . . a rose by any other name would smell as sweet --- to paraphrase W.S.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4099621;
    I turn on DOOL from time to time. I think of "Roman" as Chris Kositchek. That is who he played when I started watching and that is who he will always be to me. I loved that time period as well. Two of my favorite characters were Calliope and Eugene Bradford. I wish she hadn't have left.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4099883;
    I turn on DOOL from time to time. I think of "Roman" as Chris Kositchek. That is who he played when I started watching and that is who he will always be to me. I loved that time period as well. Two of my favorite characters were Calliope and Eugene Bradford. I wish she hadn't have left.
    oh, yes! I loved Eugene and Marlena as friends. He was so delightfully quirky. My hubby loved and watched all Star Trek shows and I was happy to see the actor who played Eugene on Star Trek, Next Generation playing Q.
    I've met the actor who plays Abe a couple times. Once in a drug store and once at a Habitat for Humanity dinner. Nice guy but I didn't say much besides that I enjoyed his acting and the show because I couldn't remember his real name and I didn't want to call him Abe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4099883;
    They brought Calliope back to GH about a year ago in the 'Anna took care of kidnapped baby Sydney' storyline. I couldn't believe that she looked exactly the same --- but she was a little more serious than before.

And she was loud - the woman screamed every single one of her lines. I love Caliope, but her acting skills were definitely rusty.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4100272;
    They brought Calliope back to GH about a year ago in the 'Anna took care of kidnapped baby Sydney' storyline. I couldn't believe that she looked exactly the same --- but she was a little more serious than before.
    She did look the same!! Didn't look any older at all. Anna looked a lot older and heavier....that middle age spread that gets all of us.

How did Viv get Maggie into the coffin? I'm assuming Gus helped her but he left Viv's employment because he was against doing such a horrible thing. Why would he change his mind? Maggie didn't look all roughed up like she'd fought them. I don't think she'll be there very long because too many people will be around to check on Viv in there.
    Could someone please tell me what magic Sammi has that allows so many men to fall in love with her, even though she continuously makes the dumbest decisions? And what money does she live on?? or am I thinking too deeply about a soap??

I stopped watching Days the minute Vivian put Maggie into the coffin! I just couldn't stand the soapy melodrama! Somebody please post and tell me when she's out of the coffin, so that I can start watching again. Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4103705;
    I stopped watching Days the minute Vivian put Maggie into the coffin! I just couldn't stand the soapy melodrama! Somebody please post and tell me when she's out of the coffin, so that I can start watching again. Thanks so much!!!
    So far, she's still there but I'll keep you posted as to when she gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4104635;
    So far, she's still there but I'll keep you posted as to when she gets out.
    Thanks so much, dragonlady! The 'Maggie in the coffin' plot reminds me of the kidnapping plots that are also used on soaps occasionally. I dread them! Whenever I sense one coming like when some sinister character starts plotting some evil against some innocent character, I just shudder cause they're creepy and I know it's going to take a long, long time for the storyline to unfold! (Remember when that young woman (can't remember her name) was stalking Shawn D. and held him captive in a cage for months?)

+ Reply to Thread