+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 115 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1150
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

  1. #361
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3951350;
    . . . I began watching Days in the second or third year . . .
    Giving away my age here, but I started watching the very FIRST episode, which opened with a shot of Marie's wedding dress. I haven't watched it in years (finally was cured of the soap opera "addiction" when the kids went to school and I got a full-time job). Fortunately, I missed out on the possession and slasher story lines, but when I see some of the early "Days" actors on other shows, I still think of them as their original characters.

  2. #362
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,021

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3951390;
    Giving away my age here, but I started watching the very FIRST episode, which opened with a shot of Marie's wedding dress. I haven't watched it in years (finally was cured of the soap opera "addiction" when the kids went to school and I got a full-time job). Fortunately, I missed out on the possession and slasher story lines, but when I see some of the early "Days" actors on other shows, I still think of them as their original characters.
    Wow, AZChristian, good to know you're here, and I'll bet there are a bunch of us oldtimers on the boards.

    I never knew that Marie had been engaged before Tommy, but I do remember that she seemed very melancholy --- so that must have had something to do with it. What were some of the other first storylines?

  3. #363
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3952260;
    Wow, AZChristian, good to know you're here, and I'll bet there are a bunch of us oldtimers on the boards.

    I never knew that Marie had been engaged before Tommy, but I do remember that she seemed very melancholy --- so that must have had something to do with it. What were some of the other first storylines?
    She was engaged to someone named Tony. I don't even remember what happened to him. The main early storylines were about the Bill/Mickey/Laura triangle, introducing Maggie (in a wheelchair), Tommy being found to be alive, and Doug/Addie/Julie. I even remember the Julie before Susan Seaforth Hayes!

  4. #364
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3950833;
    I cried when they showed her telling Tom's picture "Till we meet again". That got me. I haven't watched until today...did they show that scene recently or was it just filmed for a memorial?

    I may have to start watching again, especially if they are bringing back Shane and Kimberly.
    I am with you dagwood. I bawled my eyes out. I was a little disappointed that they didn't show the church portion, but glad they gave her something. She was such an icon for that show. It won't be the same.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  5. #365
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Anyone still watching? I'm still upset about how they handled Mrs. H's memorial. Where were all the characters that grew old with her....Marlena, John, Austin, Carrie, Jack, Frankie, etc???

    Where in God's name is Lucas? Is he ever going to come back?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  6. #366
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,021

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;4065677;
    Anyone still watching? I'm still upset about how they handled Mrs. H's memorial. Where were all the characters that grew old with her....Marlena, John, Austin, Carrie, Jack, Frankie, etc???

    Where in God's name is Lucas? Is he ever going to come back?
    Still watching. . . although the show totally drives me crazy sometimes!!!! I'm rooting for EJ to pull through. He's one of those good guy/bad guy villains that I love to hate and root for at the same time. DOOL wouldn't be quite the same without him --- although I hope he's not as virulent when he recovers. Can't stand Vivian though. I hated that they brought that character back and hope one of the conditions of her release is that she disappears from Salem forever. (It'll never happen, but one can hope.)

  7. #367
    FORT Fogey MamaAmyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    800

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4066512;
    Still watching. . . although the show totally drives me crazy sometimes!!!! I'm rooting for EJ to pull through. He's one of those good guy/bad guy villains that I love to hate and root for at the same time. DOOL wouldn't be quite the same without him --- although I hope he's not as virulent when he recovers. Can't stand Vivian though. I hated that they brought that character back and hope one of the conditions of her release is that she disappears from Salem forever. (It'll never happen, but one can hope.)
    I recently began watching passively again, as it occurred to me the episodes were on Hulu. Frankly I'm loving Vivian in the sarcophagus, as her burial of Carly gosh, 15 years ago?? was one of my first experiences watching this show. So I'm really chuckling at how it has come full circle. I do have a hard time getting interested about the less-established younger people on the show, Stephanie, Melanie, Stephanie's boyfriend (case in point, huh?), Ian, Nick, etc. etc. not so much Philip, because he's been around forever. And I actually like the re-casting of Brady - I like what he's doing with the part. EJ will be waking up any moment now - it is September sweeps after all.

    Gotta say, my favorite part of DOOL recently has been how they took several orphaned actors from Passions, and recast them into the exact.same.roles. Luis/Rafe - the cop older brother of two sisters, in love with the show's prominent blonde. Teresa/I don't remember her DOOL name yet - the doe-eyed girl who does what her heart leads her to do, at any cost, and attaches to the good-looking, wealthy heir. Ethan/Brady - a rich young heir with a heart of gold (and on DOOL, with some personal demons).
    _(Moo!)

  8. #368
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,021

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4066736;
    Gotta say, my favorite part of DOOL recently has been how they took several orphaned actors from Passions, and recast them into the exact.same.roles. Luis/Rafe - the cop older brother of two sisters, in love with the show's prominent blonde. Teresa/I don't remember her DOOL name yet - the doe-eyed girl who does what her heart leads her to do, at any cost, and attaches to the good-looking, wealthy heir. Ethan/Brady - a rich young heir with a heart of gold (and on DOOL, with some personal demons).
    I didn't know all of that. Interesting! Teresa on Passions --- I think you're talking about Ariana on DOOL.

  9. #369
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Wow! I just found this thread!!! I'm so happy that I did.
    I've been watching from the very first, back in '66 or '67, can't remember exactly but it was when Susan and Julie were rivals for David Banning.
    There have been periods of years where I lost interest and stopped watching but before long, I'm back.

    I do miss Marlena. She was such an important character in the show for sooooo long. Loved her when she and the original Roman started their love affair.
    I, too, am less interested in the younger actors but soon, they'll be the "old" actors! I remember Sami when she first started. Didn't like her then and still don't like her very much.... Her character, I mean.

    I was sad to hear that the actor that played the original Bill had died. I thought for awhile that "Mickey Horton" had died in real life too when the died on the show but guess he's just done with acting for good.

    Love Vivienne in the coffin!!!! How fitting since she did the same to Carly.

    Hope needs to eat more. She's definitely too skinny. She was so beautiful when she first was on the show but when she returned she had implants and had become soooo thin. She also looks like she had something done to her face but I don't know what.

    Altho I think I felt Julie (when young) was the most beautiful. I remember even growing my dark hair long and wearing a fake braid (like a headband) so I could look like her. (I was young (in my 20's) and very impressionable.
    Now Julie has gone grey and become blonde and so have I!! (not because she did but because upkeep is easier....not quite as impressionable as I once was

    I guess I'm babbled on and on here but am so excited to find this thread. So many good storylines to talk about, past and present. It's the only soap I've ever watched but, I, too have a few of the books about the show. My little guilty pleasure.

  10. #370
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,021

    Re: Days Of Our Lives

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4068213;
    Wow! I just found this thread!!! I'm so happy that I did.
    I've been watching from the very first, back in '66 or '67, can't remember exactly but it was when Susan and Julie were rivals for David Banning.
    There have been periods of years where I lost interest and stopped watching but before long, I'm back.

    I do miss Marlena. She was such an important character in the show for sooooo long. Loved her when she and the original Roman started their love affair.
    I, too, am less interested in the younger actors but soon, they'll be the "old" actors! I remember Sami when she first started. Didn't like her then and still don't like her very much.... Her character, I mean.

    I was sad to hear that the actor that played the original Bill had died. I thought for awhile that "Mickey Horton" had died in real life too when the died on the show but guess he's just done with acting for good.

    Love Vivienne in the coffin!!!! How fitting since she did the same to Carly.

    Hope needs to eat more. She's definitely too skinny. She was so beautiful when she first was on the show but when she returned she had implants and had become soooo thin. She also looks like she had something done to her face but I don't know what.

    Altho I think I felt Julie (when young) was the most beautiful. I remember even growing my dark hair long and wearing a fake braid (like a headband) so I could look like her. (I was young (in my 20's) and very impressionable.
    Now Julie has gone grey and become blonde and so have I!! (not because she did but because upkeep is easier....not quite as impressionable as I once was

    I guess I'm babbled on and on here but am so excited to find this thread. So many good storylines to talk about, past and present. It's the only soap I've ever watched but, I, too have a few of the books about the show. My little guilty pleasure.
    Hi dragonlady, so great to know you're a long long time DOOL fan! I too started watching just about when you did (just before Susan got pregnant with David Martin's baby), and I don't think I've ever cried harder than when that baby died in the hospital after falling from the swing. And I've come and gone through the years too, but I find myself watching the show again now --- DOOL's had its share of crazy storylines -- but they're all semi-normal now --- well, except for Vivian in that stupid box. Yes, it's terrific karma for those of us who remember how she buried Carly alive, but still. . .

    I didn't watch the storylines of the younger set for a long time, but I've gotten familiar with them now and I'm beginning to get used to them. I am so tickled when they back some of the long time actors. I wish, wish, wish they'd bring back Marlena and John, but apparently, among other things, they were too expensive for the show to keep. But it is such a treat to have Julie and Doug on the show now!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.