+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 117 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Doug is Hope's dad. Not sure about Julie. Bo and Kayla are brother and sister.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

OH that is right I forgot Bo and Kayla were siblings and Kim and Roman too right?

And Justin is Victor's son and Adrienne was Steve (patch) sister?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3949790;
    OH that is right I forgot Bo and Kayla were siblings and Kim and Roman too right?

And Justin is Victor's son and Adrienne was Steve (patch) sister?
    Kim, Kayla, Bo and Roman were all the Brady siblings. Bo was later found out to be Victor's son. Justin was his nephew. Adrienne was Steve's sister.

BEAUTIFULLY DONE!! man i have never cried at a soap...but I started bawling once Hope said "all the days of our lives" and it got worse when they played the long flashback.

Im at a loss for words too.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I cried when they showed her telling Tom's picture "Till we meet again". That got me. I haven't watched until today...did they show that scene recently or was it just filmed for a memorial?

I may have to start watching again, especially if they are bringing back Shane and Kimberly.

That was awesome. Loved Francis Reid and MacDonald Carrey

So are the Days of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3949749;
    Doug is Hope's dad. Not sure about Julie. Bo and Kayla are brother and sister.
    Julie is actually Hope's half-sister & step-mother at the same time .
    Way back when ..... Doug & Julie were in love. Of course, as in all soaps, there were problems. Julie's mother was Addie, Tom & Alice's oldest child. While Julie/Doug were apart, he met Addie. She became his friend & confidant & eventually they married & had Hope. Addie died very shortly after, I don't remember exactly how, & Doug was left a single father. Doug & Julie got back together after many typical soap issues/breakups & raised Hope together.
    Doug & Julie were the original Star-Crossed Lovers & Super Couple.

I've been watching this since I was a small child & wasn't even sure what was going on, but it's all stuck with me. I even have the official Days of Our Lives Aniversary book from quite a few years ago.
    I quit watching a few times when the stories got abnormally stupid (Marlena's Possession) & finally quit when they had the Salem Slasher/Melaswen story. Having Alice "killed" choking on her own donuts finally put me over the edge.
    I occsionally, but rarely catch the show now, but still keep up a little on the story line.
    I am, however, an expert on "old" Days.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3950941;
    Julie is actually Hope's half-sister & step-mother at the same time .
    Way back when ..... Doug & Julie were in love. Of course, as in all soaps, there were problems. Julie's mother was Addie, Tom & Alice's oldest child. While Julie/Doug were apart, he met Addie. She became his friend & confidant & eventually they married & had Hope. Addie died very shortly after, I don't remember exactly how, & Doug was left a single father. Doug & Julie got back together after many typical soap issues/breakups & raised Hope together.
    Doug & Julie were the original Star-Crossed Lovers & Super Couple.

I've been watching this since I was a small child & wasn't even sure what was going on, but it's all stuck with me. I even have the official Days of Our Lives Aniversary book from quite a few years ago.
    I quit watching a few times when the stories got abnormally stupid (Marlena's Possession) & finally quit when they had the Salem Slasher/Melaswen story. Having Alice "killed" choking on her own donuts finally put me over the edge.
    I occsionally, but rarely catch the show now, but still keep up a little on the story line.
    I am, however, an expert on "old" Days.
    Hey Miss Scarlet! So nice to meet another Days old timer, like me. I began watching Days in the second or third year ---when Julie was in love with David Martin, and when they had a terrible fight, David slept with Susan, and got her pregnant. David married Susan out of "duty," and the baby fell off of a swing and tragically died about a year later. Julie, who was heartbroken, eventually met Doug, who was totally adorable and charming (!!!) and they fell in love. At the same time, Julie's mom, Addie, who was Tom and Alice's 2nd child (the oldest was Tommy, but that's a whole other story), found out that she had leukemia, or cancer, or some related fatal illness. Addie would confide in Doug, who was platonically very sympathetic, but when Julie and Doug had problems and broke up, Doug began to 'care for' Addie, and at some point wanted to really take care of her by marrying her --- which he did. Addie, although quite ill, got pregnant with Hope, and died when Hope was very small. Later on, Doug and Julie rekindled their love, and and they were, indeed, one of the first super couples! They had tons of chemistry together, and by the way, fell in love in real life and got married right about that time.

PS The story on Tommy was really interesting too. Tom and Alice's daughter, Marie, was a sweet young thing who fell madly in love with this mysterious doctor who came to Salem with a kind of hazy background. When the two of them later became engaged, it came to light that the doctor was actually Tommy, Marie's oldest brother. She was so horrified that she slept with (or almost slept with) her own brother, that she left Salem and went into a nunnery, and Tommy, who was broken hearted, eventually left town, and was never heard from again.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Here's something I can't remember. . . I know that Kate is Lucas' mom, but which Horton is Lucas' dad? Anyone know?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3951351;
    Here's something I can't remember. . . I know that Kate is Lucas' mom, but which Horton is Lucas' dad? Anyone know?
    Bill Horton. I believe it was Bill's affair with Kate that set Laura off the deep end for the final time and then they had her committed.

I have to say, I used to be a big Days' fan while in college but had to stop watching a few years ago when they went the way of the Salem Slasher b/c it was too much to watch with the kids around. But all this talk piqued my interest, so I was able to watch the tribute to Alice that aired yesterday. Very touching. I was so sad to hear of Frances Reid's passing IRL.

I have to say, though, I was disappointed Lucas didn't speak at the memorial - Alice really embraced him when the truth came out that he was Bill's son and she helped him stay strong with his alcohol addiction.

It was nice to see Jen, Carrie, Mike, and Laura in that episode. Were Carrie and Mike together? Why was Mike in the hospital? Sorry for the questions but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch anymore now that they've got so many youngsters running the show and no John & Marlena.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread