+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

That is kinda funny about the age mismatch with Will and EJ, etc. I always just go with it with whatever age they want the "kids" to be. They'll stay a baby for while, then suddenly a teen-ager. Whatever.

I'm so glad that EJ is finally on to Nicole's deception. I can't wait to watch her go down in flames!! I'm sure they'll stretch it waaaaay out. Who knows how long it will be before Sami finds out that Sydney is hers?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I cannot even fathom this show ending. My mom watched when I was very young, and that is how I picked it up. It is like a soap opera institution!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I agree ClosetRTwatcher. Even though in recent years Days has had more lows than highs, I'd still miss it if it was gone. I'm still lamenting the cancellation of Another World some ten years later. Had watched that show since the tender age of 5 years old with my mom way,way back in the early '70's. LOL

I dont' even want to imagine a world without my daytime soaps, although I could see it happening down the road...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3716461;
    I agree ClosetRTwatcher. Even though in recent years Days has had more lows than highs, I'd still miss it if it was gone. I'm still lamenting the cancellation of Another World some ten years later. Had watched that show since the tender age of 5 years old with my mom way,way back in the early '70's. LOL

I dont' even want to imagine a world without my daytime soaps, although I could see it happening down the road...
    I know, me too!!! I've been watching Days even longer --- since, believe it or not, 1966 -- I think that was its first or second year. And even though there have been periods where it wasn't very good, I have always loved knowing it was there, and I could pick up the storyline and resume watching when the story lines got better.

And Another World was also one of my favorites -- I miss that one too, bee stung lips.

Glad I'm not the only one. Perhaps I'm silly for this, but sometimes when I think back to the days of AW I do wonder sometimes what my favourite characters would be up do now...Jake MacKinnon, Vicki and Marley, Donna Love, Carl Hutchins, Rachel etc...lol

I just hope there never comes a day when there aren't anymore daytime soaps. When I think back to all of the good ones that have come and gone over the years (Santa Barbara, Texas, Generations, Ryan's Hope, Edge of Night etc.), all I can do is sigh that the days when daytime dramas were plentiful have long since passed.

I certainly wouldn't put it pass NBC to finally phase DOOL out so that they weren't airing any soaps at all.

Phildip

Born onscreen February 21, 1995
    Aged to high school age (approx. 16) in 1999
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I miss Another World too! I loved Felicia Gallant & Cass Winthrop (I thought Felicia was SO sophisticated and independent! ).

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3718977;
    I miss Another World too! I loved Felicia Gallant & Cass Winthrop (I thought Felicia was SO sophisticated and independent! ).
    Yes - loved the whole Felicia Gallant / Cass Winthop era. I have often wondered if one could purchase these past soaps on DVD anywhere. Would love to have these in my collection.

I was thrilled to see this week that Vivian Alamain (sp??) is back!! She looks like she had a serious facelift done while she was away!

I wish I could remember more about Carlie. The only SL I remember with her was the one where Vivian buried her alive with an oxygen tank and some method for communication.

Yes, I haven't seen Days in a few months. Why is Carly back? Is Lawrence Alamain back too?

+ Reply to Thread