+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 136 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Haven't been able to see Days in a while....what's the kidnapper storyline? Is Raffe a kidnapper?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3714061;
    I liked the old Will better than this new guy. Are they trying to keep him younger than he should be? I could have sworn I heard his girl friend say something about how she couldn't raise a baby because she was still in high school, but shouldn't that kid be old enough to be wrapping up college at this point??

When she said about the baby's father being in school, she meant college.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Chad is not in College - he's in high school, just like Mia and Will.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3714101;
    EJ was born after Will - you do the math. Although Will is closest to his actual age - but don't ask me what that is.

ETA: Will was born November 15, 1995 = almost 14 yo.
    OK, that is hilarious. I only have vague memories of EJ being born on the show, but I had no recollection of him being born after Will in the timeline!

Regarding Will, I thought in the past they aged him suddenly but now it seems like they are trying to roll back the clock. If they are going to make age adjustments at all, I wish they would just stick with it. I also don't care so much for the teen storylines, but I suppose they are just trying to suck in new viewers while they are young themselves.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 09-30-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3714114;
    Haven't been able to see Days in a while....what's the kidnapper storyline? Is Raffe a kidnapper?
    No Raffe was kidnapped by a crazy woman - btw, this actress does a pretty good soap opera crazy! Apparently in the past Raffe was involved with a woman named Emily who died. The crazy kidnapper is Emily's sister and she blames Raffe for her death. I personally have no idea how Emily died so I don't know if her blame is justified or not.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3714708;
    Chad is not in College - he's in high school, just like Mia and Will.
    No, they aged him just like they always age the characters on the shows. He is in college. Plus, Mia said on todays show that her and Chad are high school drop outs and can't provide for a baby
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3714869;
    No, they aged him just like they always age the characters on the shows. He is in college. Plus, Mia said on todays show that her and Chad are high school drop outs and can't provide for a baby

Mia was attending high school just a few months ago - she dropped out to have the baby - but returned back and is even in some classes with Will (I think)......

how can Chad be in college if he's a high school drop out?? And he's only 16.

ETA: EJ was born February 21, 1997, so he could only be 12.
    Last edited by anders332; 09-30-2009 at 02:48 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3714755;
    ...I also don't care so much for the teen storylines, but I suppose they are just trying to suck in new viewers while they are young themselves.
    Exept, in Days' case, I've heard that they're closing up shop within the year --- so what's the point of trying to bring in any new viewers?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3715477;
    Exept, in Days' case, I've heard that they're closing up shop within the year --- so what's the point of trying to bring in any new viewers?
    that's not a given, although it's still an option - I think they're good through 2010 but after that is in question. I don't mind the cast changes, especially bringing back folks who I remember from years ago, and wrapping up the show with more vets and less newbies. I'm sure Drake and Deidre would be brought back for any final episodes as well... Most likely for a Sami wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3714755;
    OK, that is hilarious. I only have vague memories of EJ being born on the show, but I had no recollection of him being born after Will in the timeline!
    Regarding Will, I thought in the past they aged him suddenly but now it seems like they are trying to roll back the clock. If they are going to make age adjustments at all, I wish they would just stick with it. I also don't care so much for the teen storylines, but I suppose they are just trying to suck in new viewers while they are young themselves.
    With Will they have a problem aging him that they don't have with EJ. His mother, Sami, was a teen when she had him. Allison Sweeny, the actress who plays Sami, was barely older than her character at that time. I think she's barely over 30 right now, and looks it. They can't age him much because they'd be too close in age. They'd have a 25 or older son & a 30 year old mother. It just can't add up.

If I remember correctly, Philip was around Will's age too. Maybe even a bit younger.
    When the mothers are older, they can get away with Rapid Aging Syndrome, but not with a teen mother, unless the actress is actually 10 years or more older than her part. They're pretty much locked into somewhat normal aging.

One Life to Live is going to be in the same place now. Starr is about the same age as the actress who plays her & did the teenage pregnancy thing. We're stuck with that baby for a loooooong time.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

+ Reply to Thread