+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 115 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3402247;
    Santo died never knowing that Colleen was pregnant. There was never a clear answer as to whether or not Stefano knew all along that John Black is his brother either.

Shawn told Stefano about Colleen and Santo, who told him that Santo was his father and his mother was alive (Santo had said she was dead to Colleen). Colleen became pregnant and faked her death in order to get away from the married Santo. Santo wanted to leave his wife and marry Colleen, which is what made Stefano angry... because of Colleen his family was broken.

In the end, this storyline never really explained the feud – if you believe that Stefano was really that angry over his father having an affair with a nun – then I guess that was the reason. The whole thing never ended up making any sense at all….
    OK. Thanks. I just wondered if they ever really explained it. I decided that I wanted to get sucked into the show again after getting sucked into ATWT. My mom said that she watched ATWT with her Grandpa since she was a kid and started watching it again and also started watching Days in the process. I moved into my parents' house this fall until New Year's to help my mom recover from surgery (she recovered enough shortly after Thanksgiving but I decided to stay until the holidays were over) and got sucked into both soaps.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Don't get too sucked it, Days was only renewed til 2010. After that, it's anybody's guess, but I think the writing is on the wall - ta ta DOOL!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3404038;
    Don't get too sucked it, Days was only renewed til 2010. After that, it's anybody's guess, but I think the writing is on the wall - ta ta DOOL!
    I agree. The show has totally jumped the shark. Really, the only thing holding the show together now is Allison Sweeney.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

Quote Originally Posted by packerfan4;3382283;
    I have literally been watching this since 1981, and have never once been tempted to stop...that is...until now.
    Hey Packerfan! I too, was a long time viewer (and a Packer fan too ), but bailed after all the craziness.

Do you remember when Sami first came on the show? She was absolutely the worst actress, I almost wrote in letters of protest. But now, she really is wonderful and yes, carrying the show. Since I'm now on Spring Break, I can try to catch up with DAYS but admit I'm a little lost. Why is Sami trying to adopt her "own" daughter (which is really the stolen baby right?)?

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3404605;
    Hey Packerfan! I too, was a long time viewer (and a Packer fan too ), but bailed after all the craziness.

Do you remember when Sami first came on the show? She was absolutely the worst actress, I almost wrote in letters of protest. But now, she really is wonderful and yes, carrying the show. Since I'm now on Spring Break, I can try to catch up with DAYS but admit I'm a little lost. Why is Sami trying to adopt her "own" daughter (which is really the stolen baby right?)?
    She was under witness protection the whole time she was pregnant and had the baby while she was still under protection. The baby almost died and the shady doctor took the baby into another room to work on her and Nicole came in with Mia's baby (she delivered the baby herself!) and she decided to switch the babies so that EJ could raise his own biological child. So Nicole's baby is Sami's and Sami's baby is Mia's. Sami didn't want EJ to have anything to do with the baby so she left her at a Catholic orphanage but she couldn't stand being away from her baby anymore so she's telling everyone that the baby is adopted so that EJ won't know it's his. On today's episode she went over to see EJ because after talking to the nun, she started feeling guilty and decided to tell EJ anyway until she saw Stefano's freak out and changed her mind and ran upstairs to take Johnny home with her. Sorry this was so long but the storyline is kind of complicated
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

Thanks Stacerace, that was not too complicated (in a soap kind of way). I'm still trying to figure out what's up with Philip and Stefano. How did Tony die?
    I really liked Max with Stephanie, but now she's with Philip? I don't get that, and am not sure I buy it. This show has sure changed!
    Another thing I can't figure out - is EJ a good guy or a bad guy? Last time I was onto the storyline he was bad - now it seems like he's been redeemed??

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3405624;
    Thanks Stacerace, that was not too complicated (in a soap kind of way). I'm still trying to figure out what's up with Philip and Stefano. How did Tony die?
    I really liked Max with Stephanie, but now she's with Philip? I don't get that, and am not sure I buy it. This show has sure changed!
    Another thing I can't figure out - is EJ a good guy or a bad guy? Last time I was onto the storyline he was bad - now it seems like he's been redeemed??
    I think you are a step ahead of me. I watched yesterday for the first time in ages and was surprised to see Stefano back!! That character must win the award for most returns from the dead in a soap!!!

I think EJ is in "good mode" right now. It seems like he originally came on bad, then started to fall for Sammi and turned good, then raped Sammi and was bad, but somehow managed to recover from that to become good again.

I wish they hadn't moved the Soap Network to the digital tier on my cable, it was the only way I could keep up!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3405713;

I wish they hadn't moved the Soap Network to the digital tier on my cable, it was the only way I could keep up!
    Me too!! I used to watch on my non-digital TV at night, and was so disappointed when it got moved. My dvr is too full of other things to include daily soaps, so I've just gotten off my shows.

And sometimes when I do get to watch, I wonder what I ever found so compelling about them - seems like now I can give or take these stories/characters. It's really a shame.... The old days had their weird storylines too, but there was enough romance and suspense to make me hang in there. Now, not so much....

I've caught a few episodes in the last couple of weeks. DoOL really likes its crazy kidnapper storylines doesn't it? This Raffe storyline seems like it has been done to death on this show. Offhand there was when Sean Douglas got kidnapped and tied up by a crazy girl who wanted him. And there was the one where Vivian got crazy and buried the woman alive with a tank of oxygen and a communication device. Oh, and Stefano putting Marlena in a cage. I think Marlena was kidnapped more than her share of times. I'm sure Hope was kidnapped before also.

I do not think I'm ever going to warm up to "Doctor Daniel Jonas". Ever since I saw the episode where he was Chloe's doctor and he was practically feeling her up in her hospital gown on the exam table. He is a scuzzy slimeball and I do not want to have to look at him swapping spit with anyone!!! He is just gross.

I liked the old Will better than this new guy. Are they trying to keep him younger than he should be? I could have sworn I heard his girl friend say something about how she couldn't raise a baby because she was still in high school, but shouldn't that kid be old enough to be wrapping up college at this point??

I may just have to DVR for a while to see how the Sammi-EJ-Nichole SL plays out. Well, of course I know how it is going to play out. I just don't like Nicole so I would like to see he get her comeuppance!!

EJ was born after Will - you do the math. Although Will is closest to his actual age - but don't ask me what that is.

ETA: Will was born November 15, 1995 = almost 14 yo.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread