+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 150 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree452Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Please don't tell me that Dr. Nasty is gonna hook up with Hope now!!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Seriously?! Hope and Dr ManWhore? I haven't really watched it in a few days. It's weird because I haven't watched in several years and just started back a few months ago and then I tune in to see that Elvis Jr is suddenly 30 years old when he would really only be about 10 (or has it been 15 years?) and there's no mention of Susan or Edmund. At least Will is the only one that is the correct age but where has he been all this time? And how is Max Kayla's brother but somehow not related to Bo so it's not incest when he has sex with Chelsie? Did Shawn have an affair on Caroline? If he did was it in retaliation upon finding out about her affair with Victor which produced Bo? And then Chloe is the town whore?! Really?! She was always so sweet and innocent. And where are her parents? I loved her Mom and her Dad was so hot. Also, what the heck happened to Victor? He's always been schemy but was also charming about it. Now, he just walks around being a D**K to everyone all the time. And then they fired Drake and DeeDee too. Are they trying to run the show into the ground? Sorry for all the questions. It's just that I've watched this show since I was 13 until about 5 years ago and when I come back to it everything is all jacked up!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Wow! Ok! Yes Elvis Jr. (EJ) has been back for awhile and at first he was horribly unlikeable but now I like him a lot. Yeah, they aged him quite a bit! Whats new with soaps, eh? Every now and then EJ will bring up his mom but she hasn't ever been brought back. Too bad, I loved her!

Will has been living with Austin and Carrie in Switzerland. Yeah, I know... I forget why he left...maybe because of something Sami did and he was too embarressed to stay? I don't remember.

Max & Frankie were both adopted by Shawn & Caroline. So while Bo & Max are brothers....its not blood related. But I still find it disgusting.

Ugh, I can't stand Chloe now. Too bad....I always liked her. She came back from wherever she was with Brady and was a total bitch.

And yes....they are definitely running the show into the ground. Blech!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fan

Yeah the Max/Stephanie/Chelsea thing is so disgusting!!
    They are really stretching it with that one.

I love EJ and I'm in the minority but I really wanted him and Nicole to work.

I don't like the new Chloe. She was such a nice girl and now everyone view her as some troubled vixen like that's who she always was.

"Rafe" is a testament of how horri le the writing for "Passions" was. I used to think the actor portraying Luis couldn't act but I see that it was just the writing.

FORT Fan

I forgot about disgusting Dr Dan. What is up with this guy and where did he come from. Its like he's making his rounds through Salem.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

OMG - so hooked on this show these past number of months, even though the writing absolutely SUCKS!!!! It's one of my guiltiest pleasures. The writing is so horried, so non-sensical, so illogical that one actually has to watch the show to believe such storylines make it past the writing room. Yet somehow I MUST see how it all unfolds.

Yes, agreed, the whole Max/Stephanie/Chelsea storyline is ridiculous. Kayla didn't have much of a problem with her "brother" sleeping with her daughter, yet Kayla's brother, Bo has a problem with Max sleeping with Chelsea? I love the convenient way the writers simply ignore the familytree when it suits their purpose. They are pros at revisionist history.

THANK GOD the writers actually seem to be getting past the boredom that is Sammy and Lucas. That relationship was played out eons ago. I am glad to see another man in Sammy's life. I wanted her and EJ together so bad and the writers saw fit to yank the rug from underneath me just as the two characters were finally coming to terms with their deep feelings for each other.

Pray tell, why oh why has Dr. Jonas become the Salem jiggalo? Just how many women must he bed before settling into a decent relationship? And now the writers are seemingly hinting at a Hope/Daniel storyline? HUH? Why, I ask?

And why is it that every other man in Salem has some sort of past with Chloe...I mean, she's beautiful, yes, but she's been with everybody!

Anyway, I can't WAIT to see what the writers have up their sleeves for us next. [/sarcasm off]
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Newbie

I have literally been watching this since 1981, and have never once been tempted to stop...that is...until now. Ugh. Dr. Gigilo is so friggin' hot -- but what a total waste of hotness. Too bad the writers couldn't use him to do something besides sleep with anything that walks/talks.

I absolutely LOVE Rave... and the chemistry with Sami is "super couple" like. I never thought I'd root for anyone but Lucas -- but I have quickly changed my mind. I'd love to see him, um.... naked!?! lol oops.

The Bo/Hope saga is getting old too. Time to bring back Doug and Julie and all four of them go on some mysterious caper. Bring back the humor of them - and just have them lighten up again. Sheesh.

I miss Marlena and John......

Since I had not watched the show in a few years and just started back a couple of months ago I had LOTS of questions. So I went to nbc.com and almost all of my questions were answered except for one. I'll quote the bio it has on Santo DiMera:

Santo was on a business trip in Ireland when he met Colleen. As the story goes, long ago, an injured Santo DiMera awakened to the sight of his nurse, Colleen Brady, and was instantly smitten, with no hope for his heart's recovery.

Stefano is the son of Santo and Signora DiMera, and John Black was born as a result of Santo's affair with Colleen Brady.

This torrid affair is at the root of the DiMera vendetta against the Bradys.
    Nowhere does it actually explain WHY the affair is the root of the feud. Is it because Santo was hurt that Colleen left? Or maybe he didn't know she was pregnant with John? Did they ever explain this or am I just trying to read too much into the story?
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

Sorry to double post but I couldn't edit in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3382004;
    "Rafe" is a testament of how horri le the writing for "Passions" was. I used to think the actor portraying Luis couldn't act but I see that it was just the writing.
    Passions was totally my favorite guilty pleasure I even bought Tabitha's book I thought it was hilarious when they stole a page from Days' book by Charity's demon possession. Man that was funny! Was was so hilarious about that show is that they would be at the same party for like 2 months waiting for the BIG secret to come out, usually Teresa's lies. I really liked the Luis and Sheridan storyline that they were reincarnated over and over again. I think Antony and Cleopatra was my favorite Anyway, back to Days, I like Rafe and Sami together. I can handle that pairing if she can't be with Lucas but I do NOT want her to be with EJ. I think that he and Nicole are perfect together since they're both inherently evil whether they want to be or not.
    Last edited by stacerace; 04-03-2009 at 06:50 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3402046;
    Since I had not watched the show in a few years and just started back a couple of months ago I had LOTS of questions. So I went to nbc.com and almost all of my questions were answered except for one. I'll quote the bio it has on Santo DiMera:

Nowhere does it actually explain WHY the affair is the root of the feud. Is it because Santo was hurt that Colleen left? Or maybe he didn't know she was pregnant with John? Did they ever explain this or am I just trying to read too much into the story?
    Santo died never knowing that Colleen was pregnant. There was never a clear answer as to whether or not Stefano knew all along that John Black is his brother either.

Shawn told Stefano about Colleen and Santo, who told him that Santo was his father and his mother was alive (Santo had said she was dead to Colleen). Colleen became pregnant and faked her death in order to get away from the married Santo. Santo wanted to leave his wife and marry Colleen, which is what made Stefano angry... because of Colleen his family was broken.

In the end, this storyline never really explained the feud – if you believe that Stefano was really that angry over his father having an affair with a nun – then I guess that was the reason. The whole thing never ended up making any sense at all….
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread