+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 115 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2814166;
    Still cannot believe they killed Shawn Brady (senior) off.
    Oh my, I may have to catch up on a few episodes - I have not been watching at all for the past few months! They killed off Bo's dad!?!? How sad, he has been around forever! What was the storyline around that?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2814261;
    Oh my, I may have to catch up on a few episodes - I have not been watching at all for the past few months! They killed off Bo's dad!?!? How sad, he has been around forever! What was the storyline around that?
    Claire had been kidnapped and taken to Ireland so a bunch of Salem-ites (Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla,Shawn D, Marlena, John, et al.) set off to Ireland to find her. Once Claire has been rescued, they end up discovering that Colleen is very much alive and had been in hiding for years. She informs them she'd only let Santos think she was dead. Meanwhile, unbekownst to to the Salem-ites, Stefano, had given a brainwashed John Black orders to Kill Colleen (obviously John knew Colleen was still alive). So once the clan of Salem-ites discovered that COlleen Brady is still alive, they send back to Salem for Shawn to fly over to Ireland and surprise him with the news that his sister is still alive. John Black secretly plans to carry out his mission to kill Collen but in the process Colleen shocks him with the news that she's his mother which, would make him the son of Santos, which in turn makes him Stefano's half-brother! Needless to say, this comes as a shock to all of the Salem-ites. After Colleen reveals all the secrets of her past, she announces to them all that she is dying and before long, she draws her last breath. OK - so then the Salem-ites all board John Black's airplane to fly back to Salem. Not long after take off the plane starts experiencing troubles. Apparently someone has sabatoged the flight. The plane begins running out of cabin pressure and the only way the passengers can get any air is to breath into their masks. As cabin pressure continues to decrease it is getting harder and harder for all of them to breath. THen Bo, who found out just before heading off to Ireland, that he is deathly ill, passes out from lack of air. So Shawn says there is no way he is going to let his son die and tells Hope he's giving his mask to Bo so that Bo can breathe. OF course Hope and Kayla protest this, but Shawn declares he has lived a full life, finally got to see his sister whom he thought was dead after all these years, and he is ok with dying - he's ready to go. He says he could never forgive himself if he let his son die. So Kayla and Hope finally give in and let Shawn give his mask to Bo. Moments later Shawn passes away.

That about sums it up.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 02-27-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2814166;
    Is it true that actress who plays Kate is leaving the show also?

Yes, she was another one that got the axe
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Thanks for the recap bee!!! That is quite a soap opera story line
    Now I will be all up-to-date when I catch some recent episodes!

It might be a good thing I wasn't watching. I probably would have gotten teary over Shawn, I am just a cornball when it comes to the characters who have been on the show for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2814515;
    Yes, she was another one that got the axe
    That stinks. That actress plays the Kate character very well. Her transition from victim (when she was dealing with Vivian carrying her baby and trying to get her claws into Victor) to evil schemer (mostly related to Sammy) over the years has been quite interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2814609;
    Thanks for the recap bee!!! That is quite a soap opera story line
    Now I will be all up-to-date when I catch some recent episodes!

It might be a good thing I wasn't watching. I probably would have gotten teary over Shawn, I am just a cornball when it comes to the characters who have been on the show for so long.
    You probably would have. I certainly did - especially at the end of the funeral when Chloe sang. DOn't know what song it was but it beautiful. They also showed a few old clips during the eulogies - one of Kayla and Shawn and Bo and Shawn way, way, way, WAY back in the day. I'd forgotten just how gorgeous I used to think actor Peter Reckell to be when he was younger, long mullet and all...lol. Not to say he's not cute anymore. The actor has aged well, but I remember him in his soap opera heartthrob days. YUM! It was nice to see the old footage.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2814296;
    Claire had been kidnapped and taken to Ireland so a bunch of Salem-ites (Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla,Shawn D, Marlena, John, et al.) set off to Ireland to find her. Once Claire has been rescued, they end up discovering that Colleen is very much alive and had been in hiding for years. She informs them she'd only let Santos think she was dead. Meanwhile, unbekownst to to the Salem-ites, Stefano, had given a brainwashed John Black orders to Kill Colleen (obviously John knew Colleen was still alive). So once the clan of Salem-ites discovered that COlleen Brady is still alive, they send back to Salem for Shawn to fly over to Ireland and surprise him with the news that his sister is still alive. John Black secretly plans to carry out his mission to kill Collen but in the process Colleen shocks him with the news that she's his mother which, would make him the son of Santos, which in turn makes him Stefano's half-brother! Needless to say, this comes as a shock to all of the Salem-ites. After Colleen reveals all the secrets of her past, she announces to them all that she is dying and before long, she draws her last breath. OK - so then the Salem-ites all board John Black's airplane to fly back to Salem. Not long after take off the plane starts experiencing troubles. Apparently someone has sabatoged the flight. The plane begins running out of cabin pressure and the only way the passengers can get any air is to breath into their masks. As cabin pressure continues to decrease it is getting harder and harder for all of them to breath. THen Bo, who found out just before heading off to Ireland, that he is deathly ill, passes out from lack of air. So Shawn says there is no way he is going to let his son die and tells Hope he's giving his mask to Bo so that Bo can breathe. OF course Hope and Kayla protest this, but Shawn declares he has lived a full life, finally got to see his sister whom he thought was dead after all these years, and he is ok with dying - he's ready to go. He says he could never forgive himself if he let his son die. So Kayla and Hope finally give in and let Shawn give his mask to Bo. Moments later Shawn passes away.

That about sums it up.
    Oh my God. I got misty reading it.

So, Colleen is John's mother? That makes him a Brady for real.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Day's Has been so awesomely good lately, the stories are moving fas,t the dialogue is a thousand times better, the direction is better, the characters have new life. John Black Has a whole attitude since his return and is cracking me up every day! Catch it if you can.

Yeah, I got a little teary today too. I totally couldn't tell if that was the original Kim or not. It looked and sounded like her but damn someone has had a lot of work done. Unless that wasn't here???

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2816054;
    Yeah, I got a little teary today too. I totally couldn't tell if that was the original Kim or not. It looked and sounded like her but damn someone has had a lot of work done. Unless that wasn't here???
    Oh that was most definitely the original Kimberley. The actress' name is Patsy Pease. She must have gotten collagen injected into her lips or something. Between that and the harsh dark hair colour, I don't think she's looks that good. She's definitely not aging that well.

On a side note: I am loving this nonchalant, callus, 'couldn't care less', "oh-well, whatever" shoulder-shrugging version of JOhn Black. LOL I hope the writers keep this way for a while. He's more interesting this way.

An on another side note, I thought Shirely Jones did and AWESOME job playing Collen Brady. Very, very beleiveable. I thought her performace was Emmy-worthy.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 02-28-2008 at 09:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread