+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal;2734082;
    I had a feeling they would be bringing John back....
    i've been "watching" this show since inception, i think. my mom was a fan when i was growing up and before i was born. so even way back in the recesses of my memory I remember seeing Marlena and Tony and the old, old storylines.

I don't watch the show regularly, but try to check in on it every so often, sometimes tivo-ing a week or so for the heck of it. i was surprised they were going to kill off such a beloved (by most, not me) character.

but i have to say, the scenes of Johns actual death were absolutely heartbreaking. I watched them on purpose and was surprised at how well they were handled and acted. I lost a loved one recently and the scenes rang true (as much as they could on a soap, granted).

so i was very pleased they injected such realism into such an admitted fairytale sort of show, as all soaps are.

and because of that, because the death was not a "plot point" or a "shocking twist" i am a bit disappointed that they are bringing him back now. the man has died and lived probably 10 times now. and the beautiful death scenes are now rendered near useless.
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

Quote Originally Posted by reddahlia;2734194;
    i've been "watching" this show since inception, i think. my mom was a fan when i was growing up and before i was born. so even way back in the recesses of my memory I remember seeing Marlena and Tony and the old, old storylines.

I don't watch the show regularly, but try to check in on it every so often, sometimes tivo-ing a week or so for the heck of it. i was surprised they were going to kill off such a beloved (by most, not me) character.

but i have to say, the scenes of Johns actual death were absolutely heartbreaking. I watched them on purpose and was surprised at how well they were handled and acted. I lost a loved one recently and the scenes rang true (as much as they could on a soap, granted).

so i was very pleased they injected such realism into such an admitted fairytale sort of show, as all soaps are.

and because of that, because the death was not a "plot point" or a "shocking twist" i am a bit disappointed that they are bringing him back now. the man has died and lived probably 10 times now. and the beautiful death scenes are now rendered near useless.

Those scenes were awesome and it was the only thing that I have watched in a very long time, but after they killed off John I swore I would never watch again. I think a lot of people felt the same way! The fallout over Drake's firing is what lead to bringing him back, tptb have said that there was no intent to bring him back but the ratings have suffered even more that they had been. the new head writer Hogan sheffer doesn't like Drake and it was his idea to kill off the character John Black. Ken Corday who is the executive producer decided that the show could not afford to suffer anymore and hired Drake back.

I could do without him. It's their stupid storylines that are making the ratings suffer.

This whole Chloe thing is just weird. Not to mention I am so over the boo hoo asian girl (didn't they change actresses) and Ford/Stephanie/and the other girls story. Max is just dumb for going along with that. Aren't they going to see on the tape that Max never left (since he dressed in Ford's clothes?) or did I miss something?

I actually did miss something. Did EJ change the gun that was in the box? I saw where he signed for it and then it looked like he was taping it back up.

What it a big anniversary for Bo and Hope (number wise?)

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

Yea the funeral for John was very emotional....Does anyone know if the writes strike is effecting our soaps because I heard it is....
    Texas Longhorns

FORT Fan

John is actually still alive

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daffylouie;2744265;
    John is actually still alive

Yes, but the only reason this happened is because his fans banned together, picketed the set, and made the rates drop by not watching. The rumor is he is the guy Stefano has in the basement.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I don't know what to believe in the John is back situation. The head writer of the show claims it was always the intent for John to never actually be dead but considering they really needed to keep it a secret, they had to let everyone think he was gone from the show for good. Of course, the fans think he was a goner and caused the higher ups to bring Drake back.

So - I guess John Black is going to be Stefano's "pawn" again?
    Ugh!!
    I wish they could come up with some more interesting story lines for some of the "older" cast.

Interesting spoiler I just read - although who knows how much of it is true...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Colleen Brady is alive, and is John's mother from the photo. She will be played by Shirley Jones on the show. This show keeps getting crazier and crazier, but I love it.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

oneTVslave, if that spoiler is true that would be great. I'd love to see her on the show.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread