+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree487Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    RIP Mr. Joseph Mascolo. You were amazing as the evil STEFANO.

DAYS
    So sad. I loved Stefano. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

So sad to hear of Joseph's passing. Condolences to the family
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Read something about Days being in jeopardy of being non-renewed when their contract is up. Anyone else hear that? I really think they need to try to bring Sammi and EJ back. It's been pretty blah since they left
    momrek06 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Read something about Days being in jeopardy of being non-renewed when their contract is up. Anyone else hear that? I really think they need to try to bring Sammi and EJ back. It's been pretty blah since they left
    Found this ......

‘Days Of Our Lives’ Cancelled? Why The Show Could End In 2017
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I heard a news item on tv today too --- about this probably being Days' last year.

(Maybe one of the cable networks will rescue it, like the POP Network that airs The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless. Wouldn't that be wonderful!)
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 01-10-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I heard a news item on tv today too --- about this probably being Days' last year.

(Maybe one of the cable networks will rescue it, like the POP Network that airs The Bold and the Beautiful and The Young and the Restless. Wouldn't that be wonderful!)
    Oh that would be wonderful .... on POP!!!

Every time TB&TB or Y&R is pre-empted for something ..... sure enough it's on POP that evening!!!

But I do think VIEWER-SHIP needs to INCREASE or no renewal after 2018 and no POP.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

This show has been in fear of cancellation for several years - methinks the only reason why it got renewed the last time was so the show could make it to the 50th anniversary (and the s/ls ended up sucking big giant donkey balls)

I was home yesterday and actually watched it for the first time since they killed off Dr. God and thought the show wasn't too bad. Don't like this Abby as much as the old Abby in terms of her chemistry with Chad.

Loved the Marlena/Anna scenes - and the Hattie/Hope scenes.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I've been watching since very near the beginning. I was just a kid at the time, but watched with my Mom after school. Later I was the one who got her back into watching it.
    I've been taping for years.
    I love that I know most of the history, except for a few short times. I grew up with some of the characters & watched many of the others grow up. In a way it's like we're friends. I cry & am totally broken up when long time favorites die, either on or off screen: Tom, Alice, Jack, Bo, Shawn Sr, Tony, Stefano. It's like I lost someone I knew.

I hope they can keep it going, but after losing One Life To Live, I don't have false hopes any more. Talk shows, game shows, cooking shows (darned if I can figure out the draw of those), etc. are cheaper for the Networks to have on, although I'm just not interested in them.

If it goes, I hope we get a decent send off & a sort of wrap up.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've been watching since very near the beginning. I was just a kid at the time, but watched with my Mom after school. Later I was the one who got her back into watching it.
    I've been taping for years.
    I love that I know most of the history, except for a few short times. I grew up with some of the characters & watched many of the others grow up. In a way it's like we're friends. I cry & am totally broken up when long time favorites die, either on or off screen: Tom, Alice, Jack, Bo, Shawn Sr, Tony, Stefano. It's like I lost someone I knew.

I hope they can keep it going, but after losing One Life To Live, I don't have false hopes any more. Talk shows, game shows, cooking shows (darned if I can figure out the draw of those), etc. are cheaper for the Networks to have on, although I'm just not interested in them.

If it goes, I hope we get a decent send off & a sort of wrap up.
    Miss Scarlet, I could have written your post.

Long time DOOL viewer and LOVE that at the beginning/opening of every show we get to hear TOM's (Horton) voice!

And totally agree about OLTL. Why? Why did they cancel it and then AMC and just so many great Soaps.

Sadly looks like our country is backing away from Daytime Soaps. And geez now they do not even TELEVISE the Daytime Soap Awards. You have to view the Awards show ONLINE.

To be honest, DOOL has lost soooooo many great and long time actors/actresses in the just the last few years. Makes me sad.

And I am feeling very blah about many of the s/l's right now. Makes me back away. I am at the point where I am watching maybe 2x week.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Me too. I've been a loooooong time viewer of Days. I started watching in the 2nd year it was on the air, and I was literally hooked about 5 - 10 minutes into my very first episode! How could I not be? The story lines were so compelling!

Julie and her boyfriend David Martin were high school sweethearts who were having a huge fight, and David got drunk and slept with Julie's best friend Susan right afterwards. And Susan got pregnant with David's baby, which totally broke Julie's heart.

The Horton's son Bill was a young doctor in training, and he was working with a beautiful young doctor named Laura. Bill and Laura fell in love, but their relationship was stormy, and Laura ended up marrying Bill's brother Mickey. Brooding Bill never got over his heartbreak and anger, and raped Laura getting her pregnant. Laura confided her secret in Dr. Tom, and they agreed that Mickey should never be told that his baby son was really his brother Bill's son.

And, a handsome new doctor came to town, and the Horton's daughter, Marie, was totally smitten with him. And they fell in love, and were about to get married, when everyone found out that the mysterious doctor was none other than Tom and Alice's oldest son, Tom Jr. whom they all thought had been killed in the Korean War. So Tom Jr. was Marie's brother!!! She was so brokenhearted that she left Salem and went into a convent, and became a nun (Sister Marie).

And everything else flowed from there. . .
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread