+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

I also can't believe it. I'm hoping it's just another one of their twist but I really doubt it.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

I have NEVER cried so much watching a soap! I am not a die hard John and Marlena fan but DANG this week has just knocked everyone's acting out of the ballpark. Marlena was raw today - best acting I have seen out of DH in years! Sucks that it takes the death of a supercouple to get back the quality of writing Days had back in the day. The soap forums are going crazy!!!! Fans have organized pickets outside of the studio Monday protesting Drake's firing. It is getting to be on the same level fans of Jericho reached when it was announced it was being canceled. Hope it works, I am getting tired of the Sami/Ej hour and the teen crap is just that crap.

Is there any reason out there for firing Drake?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2620711;
    Is there any reason out there for firing Drake?

Nope, none. The rumor is that the new headwriter, Hogan Sheffer, doesn't like Drake or the character of John Black. There is also a rumor that John really may not be dead! Drake and Diedre Hall, along with Hogan Sheffer were in Australia this week doing publicity for the show. Why would they fly Drake to Australia for publicity if he was really dead? Drake also was not listed in the comings and goings of SOD.

The John character always exudes "cheese" to me. When he would narrow his eyes and look down and do that whisper serious voice I would bust out laughing! Time for him and Deidra to move on. Buh bye John!

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

the taping in Australia I heard relates to John being in a coma and how the fans will be happy with that outcome . Australia is 8 months behind the US. I heard/read the same thing about Hogan not getting along with Drake. Coraday is an idiot period. He is trashing this soap.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Though I'm not a big fan of Deidre Hall (never have been), I must admit her acting throughout this John Black death storyline has been stellar. Very believable. I cried right along with Marlena.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2620265;
    I also can't believe it. I'm hoping it's just another one of their twist but I really doubt it.

They may have to figure out a way to make a twist b/c there has been an outpouring of support for Drake. There have been emails, letters, and group gatherings outside the big shots office.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

We are talking about Days here - right?
    They are notorious for people coming back from the dead...so I would wager that if there is enough outcry for Drake to comeback he will be back.

Good point. How many times has Marlena died now?

+ Reply to Thread