+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

Jaceegirl, thank you so much for this....I didn't know. I never watched the Waltons, busy those days w/babies, etc, so I knew the man from that show had died but didn't realize they were the same person. Fr. Matt always looked familiar to me but that's all I knew.
    That is just so sad.

As I was looking online about the new Will Horton, whom I haven't accepted yet....but maybe will in time...........I came across a story that said Chandler had decided to leave DOOL in December...but got fired late August. I didn't know that.

Tears Start Welling: Chandler Massey Blindsided By Abrupt Dismissal From "Days Of Our Lives" - thebacklot.com

Same on TPTB on DOOL.
    Imperfect1 and Jaceegirl like this.

Dragonlady you are welcome about the sad news about Fr. Matt. I watch all the other shows he has currently been on and will miss him on all those as well. He wasn't on a lot, but being the father of Gibbs from NCIS I am sure they will address his passing on that show. Gibbs is the main character and I can't see that being brushed over.

In return thank you for the news about Chandler Massey which I was unaware of. Shame on them is right. I noticed that article was from 5 months ago based on the comments and just wondered about something that was said. I know DOOL is filmed long ahead of time, but not sure how long. The article said something about a new triangle coming up involving Will and Sonny with someone else and that was at least one of the reasons they let him go. We haven't seen that happen and in fact Will and Sonny just got engaged.

Does anyone know how long ahead DOOL is filmed? If they just told Chandler that it makes what they did that much worse. Chandler could have easily stayed on as long as he originally wanted based on the s/l's I have watched. Guess I am confused as the only so called triangle I saw was with that other guy that also liked Sonny. I can't remember his name now, but that happened quite a long time ago, and didn't really turn into what I would call a triangle.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 02-23-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    Dragonlady likes this.

The article is accurate, as far as time frame in regards to Chandler's contract and him not knowing in advance. If they had kept him until the end of his contract I believe there would be close 4 months of Chandler as Will still to air. There is unconfirmed speculation that he was let go because he announced his plan to leave at the conference after he won his second daytime Emmy before he spoke to DOOL directors etc.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Thanks JLuvs for the information - appreciate it. I didn't realize how far in advance this soap tapes. I hadn't heard the unconfirmed speculation either.

TY DOOL for your decision to not have Abigail preggers.

Brady is really spiraling downward. A relationship with Teresa. Ugh.

I am having issues trying to like the nuWill. ugh

The new girl, Paige is adorable.

I wonder how long Dr Dan and Jen will be together?
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

Totally agree with all your comments, Karen. And what's the story with this new guy who's waaaaaay over-reacting to Jen not wanting to date him anymore????? I hope he doesn't end up doing some real harm to Jen and Dan cause I really like the two of them together.

Re: Brady and Sami, I thought I'd better put my comments in spoilers cause I don't want to ruin anything for those who don't want to know what's coming up.

Abigail/EJ/Sami
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Abigail NOT being pregnant is a huge surprise, especially since this is a soap, in which that's how the story usually goes. But more importantly, most of us know that Allison Sweeney (Sami) is leaving DOOL shortly, and Abigail's pregnancy/EJ's betrayal would be the perfect reason for her to finally find EJ unforgivable and leave Salem for good. So, methinks the Abigail/EJ/Sami story is not over. Even though Abigail isn't actually pregnant, Sami can still find out that EJ slept with her --- which is betrayal enough for Sami to leave him.

Brady/Teresa
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am feeling especially sorry for Brady because not only is he getting involved with Teresa, the Wicked Witch of the West, but the Wicked Witch of the East (Kristen) is apparently coming back to Salem, and I can only imagine the explosion between those two when Kristen finds out Brady is with Teresa! THAT should be fun to watch (especially for those of us who can't stand either Kristen or Teresa)!
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 03-20-2014 at 09:15 AM.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

I agree with you. I definitely thought they would make her pregnant, but that storyline is not over.

What is with the new guy being so mad at Jennifer??? It's not like they were dating for months. They went on a few dates
    momrek06 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Yes, LIAM the pharmaceutical rep. I have no clue what is going on with him. Did they date 2x if that? When we first saw him I thought he was all professional and everything NOW he is spying on Jen and friending Teresa. Odd.
    So did Teresa make that flyer of Jen and those bodybuilders and sending it all over the internet OR did this dude Liam do it????

I also think Teresa IS going to be Liam's friend esp AT the hospital and that will get Brady all up in angst and continue on his destructive ways.

Imperfect1, I agree with both your Spoilers!
    KAREN

I think Abby is pregnant and Stefano has a dastardly plan to make sure that baby is raised in the DiMera household.

the show has been lacking some DiMera Dastardly plans.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

anders332, Exactly!! As soon as I saw Stefano's evil face talking to the doctor after Abigale left, I knew that she WAS preggers and this is Stefano's plan to get rid of Sammi. She's too uppity for Stefano....who probably thinks that Abigale being so young would be easier to manipulate. (ha ha ha, he's wrong)
    So this way, we get rid of Sammi, from EJ and the show. Think of all the chaos that will happen as a result of Abigale being preggers w/EJ's child.....lots of people affected, including St. Jen and St. Dan. And I had read that they re-cast Chad's role and if so, we can add that to mess.
    Now this, is the stuff soaps are made of.

+ Reply to Thread