+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 136 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1357
Like Tree330Likes

Thread: Days Of Our Lives

Re: Days Of Our Lives

I just can't watch new Will. I really miss Chandler Massey.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I just can't watch new Will. I really miss Chandler Massey.
    oh, thank goodness! I thought it was just me.

I love the new Will - I was skeptical at first, but he's reallly doing well in the role.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    oh, thank goodness! I thought it was just me.
    I'm with you and JLuvs. There is just something about him that isn't right.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I love the new Will - I was skeptical at first, but he's reallly doing well in the role.
    I hope I am able to come to that conclusion someday...right now he is not convincing me at all.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

what convinced me was the way he dove into the role and wasn't afraid to make it look real. I found Chandler played it too safe. It's got to be difficult for a straight may to play a gay man, but when Guy came into the role and didn't hold back, that gave me a great appreciation for his acting. I read that he decided if he was doing the role, he wasn't going to hold back. I really like that about the actor, which gave me a great respect for his acting, which translated to liking him in the role. Of course he has the chops too - and what sealed the deal was his chemistry with Marlena - I found that just as present as it was with Chandler.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    what convinced me was the way he dove into the role and wasn't afraid to make it look real. I found Chandler played it too safe. It's got to be difficult for a straight may to play a gay man, but when Guy came into the role and didn't hold back, that gave me a great appreciation for his acting. I read that he decided if he was doing the role, he wasn't going to hold back. I really like that about the actor, which gave me a great respect for his acting, which translated to liking him in the role. Of course he has the chops too - and what sealed the deal was his chemistry with Marlena - I found that just as present as it was with Chandler.
    One of the things I find lacking is his relationship with Marlena, Sonny, and to an extent Gabi. I certainly agree he has thrown himself into to role, also I have seen him in other things so I know he has acting chops, it just isn't working for him yet. Playing a gay character, though, I agree he is is more convincing in that respect. I just find his relationships with main characters not working.
    -Bono

Mr. Attorney Aidan certainly is attractive....and so is that new priest......What happened to the old priest? Did they explain that and I missed it?
    Dragonlady I wasn't sure if you had heard by now about Father Matt so just in case you hadn't - W Ralph Waite, known to Days of Our Lives viewers as the kindly and wise Father Matt, died at his Palm Desert home on February 13. The actor was 85. Waite was best known for his role as John Walton Sr. on the 1970s series The Waltons. Of late, he recurred as Mark Harmon's character's father, Jack Gibbs, on NCIS as well as on Days. The show hasn't addressed it yet, and not sure what their plans are. I heard either Eric or the new Priest say something about him being away or something like that just recently so they may just mention that he has left for another permanent assignment. Guess we will have to wait and see.

R.I.P. Father Matt -Ralph Waite, he will be missed. He was such a fine actor not only on Days, but NCIS, The Waltons, and on Bones. Very sad to hear of his passing!!

Regarding the replacement of Will - I am a new watcher of this soap since I only started watching about a year ago so it has probably been a lot easier to adjust to the new actor. The first day was a little different, but after that he seemed to be comfortable in the role especially with Sonny. The biggest difference I have noticed is I haven't seen a lot of time spent with Adrianna and the original Will seemed to have a great connection with her. For me that has been what I have noticed the most. I know from watching other soaps if I was a real fan of an actor it was extremely hard to get used to the replacement and in some cases I never did.

For those who were Kristen fans she will be returning to Salem again. According to an article I read regarding the news it said Eileen Davidson will begin shooting at Days in March and will hit the air this summer. Co-executive producer Greg Meng said: "The writers have some great things cooking for Kristen and we can't wait for the fans to see what this will mean for Salem. Must-watch TV at its best!"

Jaceegirl - I totally agree with you about length of time watching the and attachment. I've been watching Days for 21 years...I got hooked during the summer of my 9th grade year. Chandler has been easily my favorite actor to be on the show, though Allison Sweeney is close second. The two of them together was magic to me. I guess I'll have to find a new favorite soon. I hope they don't recast Sami and she goes out with a bang.
    -Bono

Jluvs - So agree. I watched Y&R since I was in high school whenever I was on break, then later was able to tape it. Between some of the best actors leaving, and new replacements - along with boring s/l's I was losing interest, and that was what brought me to DOOL. I don't have the history of the show like those that have watched a long time, but I do like the soap a lot. I did like the old Will, and understand why he would be a favorite of many like yourself who have watched for so long. It's amazing how we get attached to fictional characters, but it's because of the actors who play them. We get attached to them, and losing them is really hard. I like Sami as well, and I agree sometimes not replacing a huge favorite is the better choice. imo
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 02-21-2014 at 02:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread