+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2220810;
    I was really bothered with how easily Karen rolled over for Lennox. . .
    In addition, she should have been straight with Palmer. I mean, he's no David, but still -- I don't think he would put up with Biscuit's bullskippy with the blackmailing and all.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

there was something odd to me about this episode

besides me not liking the stupid music score, it looked soap-operish... i could have swore i even seen some of that soap opera "mist" during the scene with Karen/Palmer

i still don't like that they had to make bluetooth guy Jacks brother. they could have easily reintroduced him during the season without making it so that someone at CTU had to have a connection to terrorists

i'm gonna give the writers the benefit of the doubt and assume it has more to do with a bluetooths wife storyline.

ok, also are they through now with this Al-Razani / Prez sister storyline? Now that we know what the detention center thing was about. There's no more reasons to have them on. Regina King screaming civil rights blah blah and Harry Lennix's fake accent is annoying.

now that Graham outed himself to Jack, he's a dead man

i really hope they come back with the action packed non soap opera type stuff for the next couple episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2222178;
    i really hope they come back with the action packed non soap opera type stuff for the next couple episodes
    Me too. But who knows? They have two (that I know of) soap opera actors in potentially prominent positions: Rena Sofer (Bluetooth's wife) was on Melrose Place, General Hospital and Another World; and Chad Lowe (aka ex-Mr. Hillary Swank) was on Melrose Place.

How can this be my favorite program when the writing is SO bad and the acting is SO bad... Grrrrrrr!

I'm really, really not liking the brother twist. I don't think it's necessary to the plot at all but then again, what do I know about script writing.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fan
    And Karen Hughes

Hee hee, dh and I were commenting on the similarities between the TV character, Karen Hayes, and the real former presidential advisor, Karen Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2219041;
    I am going to have such a hard time accepting him in this role. I cannot see him in ANYTHING without seeing the farmer from Babe. I'm going to be sitting there waiting for him to tell Jack, "That'll do pig"
    I had completely forgotten about him playing the farmer in Babe! He's made such an impression on me with his bad-guy roles (especially in L.A. Confidential, but he was bone-chilling in The General's Daughter, too) that I just forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2220810;

I'm doubtful that Phillip Bauer is any better than Graem. I don't think Phillip and Graem are allied, but I don't paint him as good guy material, at least not yet.

I agree. James Cromwell usually plays characters who appear to be good guys in the beginning, but, then, turn out to be anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2226828;
    I agree. James Cromwell usually plays characters who appear to be good guys in the beginning, but, then, turn out to be anything but.
    He was fun on Six Feet Under, too -- starting off as one of those college professor old-guy dream husband types. And then we found out he had six ex-wives. And then he turns out to be a paranoid, conspiracy-buff wacko.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2227178;
    He was fun on Six Feet Under, too -- starting off as one of those college professor old-guy dream husband types. And then we found out he had six ex-wives. And then he turns out to be a paranoid, conspiracy-buff wacko.
    He's excellent at playing those types of characters. That's why I don't believe that 24 hired him to portray a good guy. It would be a waste of his considerable talent.

+ Reply to Thread