+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 - Season 6

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Messalina;2218984;
    WOW!!!!! The same actor who played the corrupt police chief in L.A. Confidential (he also played the general in The General's Daughter) is playing Jack's father--James Cromwell.

I have been watching 24 since day one (I was so used to seeing Kiefer Sutherland playing bad guy roles, that I was really curious to see what he would do with a good guy role) and it's probably the only show that I've ever seen that actually gets better and more unprecitable as it gets older. Usually, it's just the opposite.

I am going to have such a hard time accepting him in this role. I cannot see him in ANYTHING without seeing the farmer from Babe. I'm going to be sitting there waiting for him to tell Jack, "That'll do pig"

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2219041;
    I am going to have such a hard time accepting him in this role. I cannot see him in ANYTHING without seeing the farmer from Babe. I'm going to be sitting there waiting for him to tell Jack, "That'll do pig"
    I know! Even in Star Trek: First Contact I was expecting some sort of pig-farmer reference.

And yeah -- the real-life father-son actor thing is way overdone -- but I still would've loved to see Donald Sutherland play a bad-ass father of Jack. (Even though the first time I saw D.S. was as Hawkeye in M*A*S*H, I love 'im in them bad-ass parts!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think Donald Sutherland would have done an excellent job!
    And I too will be thinking of Babe. LOL!

LG.
    OK, I was surprised that Bauer's dad was actually a decent fellow and it was his brother who was the bad seed. I loved Cromwell in Babe and of course pictured him saying "that'll do, boy" to his "sons" last night. Jack should have left that plastic bag around his brother Graem's face. Yikes. And Karen Hughes resigned without even ratting out to Mr. President that other dude for blackmailing her to resign? Let's see how fast she can get to LA and join that plot. In reality, it would take her, what, 5-6 hours? I doubt we'll only see her sitting on a plane for that many episodes.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2220751;
    . . .Let's see how fast she can get to LA and join that plot. In reality, it would take her, what, 5-6 hours? I doubt we'll only see her sitting on a plane for that many episodes.
    It'll be interesting to see if they actually "real time" her flight -- maybe some sort of 5-6 hour mayhem will ensue en route. Or her military transport will be some sort of ultra-mega-top-secret supersonic deal.

FORT Fogey
    The president did say he'd provide a military transport for her. That means she'll have the communications abilties that they have on Air Force One. She can make phone calls and whatnot from the plane, so there will still be things she can contribute.

They showed a plane in the previews. I assumed it would be Air Force 1. They showed it right after some character was speaking badly of the Prez, so I figured President Palmer was in for even more strife than he's seen yet. Perhaps Karen will be catching a ride with him.
    Have they showed who Wayne's VP is yet, or does anyone now who will be playing that part?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I was really bothered with how easily Karen rolled over for Lennox. She should have called Buchanan and had him come up with some "evidence" of their own against Lennox. I mean, the guy is clearly up to something and it can't be that hard to find his past deeds. I'm sure Chloe could have it in about 12 minutes, tops.

I'm doubtful that Phillip Bauer is any better than Graem. I don't think Phillip and Graem are allied, but I don't paint him as good guy material, at least not yet.

I had to laugh when the CTU guys got shot in the truck. We all know CTU can hold a perimeter to the degree dental floss can tether a freighter, but those guys were dispatched very quickly, even for this show. Then again, they had to be at best third string CTU dudes, given the others were just blown up in a nuclear bomb.

ETA: The VP is Powers Boothe, I think. I thought he was on the plane, talking to Lennox in the preview.

I don't know who's more annoying in this season's White House: The Biscuit, or the ex-Mr. Hillary Swank.

I was wondering about the Marisol Nichols character. In all the season previews I read, she was listed as the director of CTU. It appears to me that Buchanon is still in charge, and she seems to be underneath at least Milo in the pecking order as well.

+ Reply to Thread