+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 - Season 6

Really loving the new season so far. Curtis had bad news written all over his face from the moment he heard the name Assad (sp?) I kept trying to place the hostage kid actor and finally realized that he played Jack's son on Will and Grace. And wasn't the friendly neighborhood terrorist dude from "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle"?

Jack's killing the guy by tearing out his jugular vein with his teeth was absolutely intense. And in the very beginning of the show, nonetheless! The writers really know how to grab your attention quickly. Can't wait for next week.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2206916;
    And wasn't the friendly neighborhood terrorist dude from "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle"?
    Yep, that was Kumar himself, Kal Penn. That guy is everywhere--he was the perp on Law & Order SVU last night too.

10:00-10:12 Am

I watched the premier dvd which also has the first 12 minutes of hour 5. It cost $10, but it includes a $10 off coupon for any other 24 dvd, so I will eventually save the $10 I just shelled out for this. Pretty good marketing ploy. I wouldn't be surprised to see some other series try this in the future.
    Here's a summary,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Secret Service moves the President and other main people into the bunker. The President makes plans to address the public.
    Fayed survived, but lacks the triggering devices for the remaining 4 nukes. He contacts the guy that sold him the bombs for assistance. The guy was reluctant until Fayed offered him extra cash. The guy told Fayed he would research the matter and get back to him.
    CTU headquarters was downwind of the blast area.
    All of the field teams in the area were killed however. Approximately 12,000 people were killed in the blast, which wiped out a 1 square mile area. Prevailing winds were from the South, which should carry most of the fallout away from more populous areas.
    Jack's area was downwind of the blast. Everyone in the neighborhood is running around frantically in a panic. A news helicopter has crashed onto a nearby rooftop. One of the passengers has gotten out, and is on the ground looking for someone to help him get the other guy out. He asks Jack, and they climb up to the roof. The door is blocked, but Jack finds something to pry it open. They barely get the guy out, and the helicopter falls to the ground with a big explosion. Jack calls Buchanon to apprise him of the situation, inquire about what all happened, and pick him up. Bill thought he was quitting. Jack said, 'Not after this.'

radar, I have to laugh, that's a LOT to happen in only 12 minutes! LOL

Holy Cow! Bluetooth is Jack's brother!!!

didn't even know Jack had family, LOL

so dr. bluetooth is his brother who hates Jack and wants him dead because why? because Jack was involved with his wife... maybe the little crumbsnatcher is really Jacks son

didn't really like the episode that much except for the suffocation there at the end.

but since i feel that the nuke threat will be resolved in the next few episodes. the storyline about Jacks father and brother may be setting up something.

---

you know i was thinking about past seasons and about how they kill off big characters and realized the majors that died had it coming..

Curtis should really have died in season 4 when he came in... We all thought he was a dead duck when he was in that initial office building looking for Marwan.

Tony and Michelle well lets think back... They should have both died in S3, Tony is immune to bullets to the neck (unlike Curtis) and well Michelle is immune to highly contagious manmade viruses.

Chloes clock is ticking

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2212915;
    so dr. bluetooth is his brother who hates Jack and wants him dead because why? because Jack was involved with his wife... maybe the little crumbsnatcher is really Jacks son
    I gather the timing would be pre-Terry?

I think someone worked out that Bauer signed up for one or two additional seasons. Can't help wondering if they will kill him off this season and set the timing of any future seasons earlier in the sequence. That could be a reason for finally (?) introducing the family that Jack has been estranged from for so many years.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2212934;
    I gather the timing would be pre-Terry?
    I don't think so. The kid looked to be middle/late teens, which would make him definitely younger than Kim Bauer. And we all know Jack cheated on his wife with Nina, so it's within the realm of possibility that he cheated on her before Nina. That kid has got to be Jack's since he's not balding in the slightest.

PG, you're right about the timing. I was focusing on when Terry was murdered. I never saw season one, so I'm missing a little history.

Didn't Graem kind of give things away when he told Jack that he and his father knew Jack was in China.
    I don't think people in general knew this as everyone thought Jack was dead.

+ Reply to Thread