+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 24 - Season 6

I can't stand the Doyle character.

I was very disappointed in Martha (although Aaron was yummy!) Did I mention I'm very disappointed in Martha? She said she had been off the wagon for 2 years but she hadn't made any progress at all. It wasn't just her losing it with Charles, it was also clear from how she was behaving when it was just her and Aaron at the beginning of those scenes. Maybe I'm just feeling sorry for Aaron.

Besides, her stabbing Charles wasn't true to 24 form. When folks are killed off in a fit of whatever on 24 it is supposed to be just before they were to turn around what was happening. Charles had already convinced Martha to make the phone call, which was also as unbelievably successful, so Charles was no longer needed. OK, we don't know if Charles is dead but it was heading that way. And why wasn't he airlifted in the helicopter instead of the ambulance?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2277491;
    And why wasn't he airlifted in the helicopter instead of the ambulance?
    That's what I wanted to know...and why didn't a secret service guy ride along? Despite the stabbing, he's still under house arrest AND is a former president. Secret service is part of the deal. All I know is that I wouldn't want to be a president in the 24 world. They do NOT have good security.

The Martha psychology had me wondering too, because at the end of the last season, it seemed to be established that she wasn't all that crazy, just maybe a bit high-strung. All of her suspicions and actions, from the info David Palmer gave her on the phone call to having to bed the Pres to delay him a few minutes, were proven to be on-the-money for "saving the world," as she kept saying last night. You'd think she may still be exceedingly angry with Charles for playing her and threatening to send her to Shady Pines (or wherever) every ten minutes last season, but you'd think she'd have had some kind of clarity of purpose after she figured out she helped stop the bad guys. OTOH, maybe we're supposed to liken her to a modern day Cassandra, who has gone insane after "predicting" the future, although she was able to do something to stop the baddies. (Also, if I ever go insane, I want to go to THAT facility.) In any event, despite the conflicting motivations the writers (who I believe are hitting the heroin from S3) gave to Martha, Jean Smart still rocks.

I thought the Palmer family drama was ridiculous, at least until we had the Bauer family drama to compare it to. Now we have the Logan family drama, and arguably its even more ludicrous and over the top.

This show is SO achingly awful now, its not even fun to make fun of it. 24 used to be able to pull off outrageous stuff because they knew JUST when to stop short of the edge. This season has gone so far over the edge in terms of stupid, implausible, cliched, repetitive, and/or outrageous elements, I'm not sure why I'm even wasting the video tape to record it. Or the 45 minutes to watch it. Sometimes, after a particularly heinous piece of writing I'll be sitting there rubbing my eyes or trying to ascertain if my ears are really working properly.

That "beep beeping" you are now hearing is the clock running out on "24". Except that maybe America is actually tolerating this stuff and as sometimes happens will keep watching something which was a hit simply because they are used to doing so.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

LG.
    Oh 24 has always had its outrageous, ridiculous, over the top stupid plots. Remember Kim being chased by a mountain lion? Hopefully they'll get some focus and pull this season back on track.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fanatic
    hmm. am i the only who still loves this show. everythings outrageous. i still watch this show religiously. i make sure im home to watch this in time.

i think this is the only show i watch when IT IS ON. others, i watch when i have time on their respective network sites (csi:lv & ny, ncis, numb3rs, bones, and supernatural). i got rid of Lost like halfway last season. hell, just found out recently the Eko died sometime ago. lol. i just dont care for Lost anymore.

ill keep watching 24 until its pulled. no matter how dumb or stupid or lame it'll get (like charmed). thats a smaller network show that was awesome in the beginning than just got ridiculously stupidly entertaining. but watched it til the end. and still watch the reruns when i can catch it.

was miles on season 2 or 3. i think it was 2, the one with rosanne's daughter sara gilbert???? im assuming that he was transferred out after that season and brought back in. this was when he got his gig for that new show he did in Hawaii that lasted only several eps with ivan sergei (he left crossing jordan).
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;2281075;
    was miles on season 2 or 3. i think it was 2, the one with rosanne's daughter sara gilbert????
    I'm going to guess you mean Milo Pressman, the CTU tech guy played by Eric Balfour. He was on Season 1 only before coming back this season. There was the creepy assistant to Karen Hayes in Day 5 called Miles Papazian, and that was the only season he was on. I hate the Milo/Miles/Morris name similarity. Gotta get those writers a name book.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;2281075;
    am i the only who still loves this show. everythings outrageous. i still watch this show religiously.
    Even though I love to nitpick the show, I still love it. For as insane and ridiculous as it gets, it is still the best tv action/drama going on network TV now. I'll still watch until it ends unless they kill off Jack and replace him with that Doyle guy. Ricky Schroeder would ruin it for me because he annoys me to no end in everything he does. However, given his character's propensity not to wear protective gear and that he'll be in close proximity to Jack, I have hope he'll get killed by the end of the season.

FORT Regular
    Can somone please explain why Wayne Palmer would have someone so psychotic as a vice president?

Maybe his whacko sister chose him (nah, they're Ying and Yang).

How about choices for office mole? Milo seems like the most likely but none really make sense to me. Maybe Morris will prove that CTU's systems were hacked from the outside.

As much as I took glee in the idea that the Chinese killed Audrey I doubt she's dead. (Though my sister & I had a great Day 7 planned out where Jack tracks her killers in China and the mastermind turns out to be Jason Patric...though that is a bit meta.) The reason I think that Audrey is still alive is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    on IMDB they have Kim Raver listed for day 6, starting on April 9th through the end of the season.
    Of course, that could be a big fat lie.

I was disappointed that we didn't have any more of the Logan story. And Marilyn annoys me greatly; her husband is dead not twelve hours, her son's life was threatened, her father in law is crazy and on the loose, Jack's just been released from a torture camp and is really banged up from the embassy thing, and there are still live nukes floating around her area, and she wants to make out with Jack in the waiting room? He shouldn't have just rebuffed her; he should have done the throat-grabby thing and asked her why her son looks so much like a young version of Mike Doyle.

LG.
    I love the idea of Jack tracking down Jason Patric and kicking his ass to repay Patric for running off with Julia Roberts all those years ago. Trust me Kiefer, she's a mess, he did you a favor. Speaking of the throat-grabby thing, Jack needs to work on a maneuver to do that on more than one person at once. That would be cool.

Ok, who thinks that Milo is really the mole instead of Nadia. Or is Nadia really sneaky and was using Milo's codes at her computer station, and will try to make it look like it was Milo when actually it was Nadia. Or is it really Morris and the drinking thing is really just an act to throw off Chloe and give her something to scowl about. The demographics demand the Chloe scowl at least 5 times per hour. Let's think about Morris for a minute - he was "abducted" and programmed the device, arming a nuclear weapon (rather than doing the Jack Bauer thing and making them kill him instead of arming it), was somehow allowed to escape, and then ends up at CTU where "someone" is giving directions to the drone pilot. Fishy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread