+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 24 - Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2257600;
    Last night's episode was clearly a filler episode.

yeah, there seems to be alot of filler this season, i completely lost interest in the show, i'll tape and if i get around to it i'll watch

all this soap opera shhh is getting annoying.

Reid trying to blow up prez was the only good part of the show

man, i just watch Prison Break & Heroes on Monday. 24 has become garbage to me... they should be near or about the midpoint of the season, they need to make a sharp turn to get me back

Did anyone watch this week? In the previews, it looks like Martha and Aaron will be back. Woohoo!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2268640;
    it looks like Martha and Aaron will be back. Woohoo!
    Indeed! (But it's a shame when the highlight of the week is the previews for the following week...)

Okay. I'm really scratching my head over this:

Ricky Schroder gets in the action for '24' role - USATODAY.com

Ricky Schroder gets in the action for '24' role
    By Carol Motsinger, USA TODAY
    Ricky Schroder, 36, has traded his silver spoons for heavier artillery to play CTU agent Mike Doyle on 24 (Fox, Mondays, 9 ET/PT). Schroder took a break from shooting the series to chat with USA TODAY's about goats, his favorite Jack Bauer torture scene and why he might start using his iPod.

Q: What lured you back to network TV?

A: 24 is a great action show. I've never really done such great action — running and jumping and explosions. I've done intense interrogations with NYPD Blue, but the action of 24 really appealed to me.

Q: We realize it should be shrouded in secrecy, but can you tell us anything about the role?

A: Doyle transfers in under sort of a bit of a mysterious circumstance to help Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) track down the remaining suitcase nukes. He … what can I tell you? He's pretty militant and straightforward. He's sort of got this darker side to him. He's introduced in a way that you're not sure about him or where he's going. In about eight shows now, we've really sort of made a nice character. It looks like I am going to be here through the season.

Q: You're clearly a24fan. Do you have any favorite torture scenes?

A: (Laughing) I just remember a scene where Bauer is interrogating a guy, and the guy won't give him the information and he shoots him in the knee. It was brutal. I have never seen anything quite so shocking. Kiefer (Sutherland) is a lot of fun to work with. He brings so many ideas to the set, and he elevates the material — his ideas and his intensity. After being in (the show) six years, it's really refreshing to see an actor so committed to working his butt off every day and not phoning it in.

Q: You recently switched your name back to Ricky. Why now?

A: (More laughing) It's something that I have wanted to do for years, but I never really got around to doing it. Rick never felt comfortable. It just felt like it wasn't me. It just felt like a guy who was too cool or something. I'm a little more nerdy. Ricky kind of encompasses all of me. It hasn't really caught on. I don't think anyone's even heard about it.

Q: Even when I was given this assignment and looked up your publicist, it's still under Rick, so …

A: You know, it has been 15 years in the press of people saying, "Don't call him Ricky, call him Rick." Since I was 18, people have been told that. And it was really never an issue for me. I actually never really cared whether it was Ricky or Rick. It sort of became one of these stories that perpetuated itself.

Q: You're known for your fairly conservative political views. What's your take on how the 2008 presidential race is shaping up?

A: Well, gosh. I think we are going to have an interesting next two years watching the candidates build their platforms, and I think that it's good for the country. It's good for the world to have a healthy debate. I think it's all good. The more we talk about it and debate about it, the better outcome we're going to have. I really have no idea who's going to be the nominees. It seems like, on the Republican side, there's a lot more question marks. I think on the Democratic side, it's more obvious that it's going to be Mrs. (Hillary Rodham) Clinton. But I don't know on the Republican; it seems like the playing field is full. It's going to be interesting to see who emerges.

Q: Is it true that you owned a big ranch in Colorado and recently downscaled to one in California?

A: Yeah. I had a beautiful mountain ranch in Colorado for 16 years that I enjoyed. We had a really wonderful cabin and lots of activities — great memories for my family. We recently parted with that, and I am looking for a new property, probably in the Utah or Idaho area. My career is keeping me busy right now, and I have a small farm in California in the Santa Monica mountains. We have lots of wildlife, and I've got a beautiful ocean view. We have chickens and goats and rabbits and dogs. We are talking about getting our first horse up here. So it's really a great place to live. I can be in the city in 15, 20 minutes.

Q: Has your ranch "gone green" in any way?

A: You know, I'm not sure what that means. … I don't have solar panels. I don't have my own water well or whatever you say. I don't really know what "going green" means, and I think part of the challenge is trying to teach people how they can do their part to help conserve either electricity or water or the other things that we use. But, yeah, I think that if there's some innovative entrepreneurs out there who can help teach people how they can cost-effectively help themselves and their planet, I think everybody would be for it. That's going to be the challenge — figuring a way to get the marketplace and commerce to teach us consumers another way.

Q: What do your kids (four, ages 5 to 14) think of your work? Have they seen The Champ and Silver Spoons?

A: Yeah. I have been a huge nerd to my kids. I haven't done the cool movies that they like. With 24, I gained a lot of respect. 24 is now, it's hip, it's their generation.

Q: Do they watch24?

A: Not regularly. But they just started to now that their dad got a job on it. All of their friends are like, "Your dad's on 24!" My kids think that's lame, because kids that never talked to them before, all of a sudden, the kids are like, "Can your dad get me this or get me that?" My kids are like, "Whatever."

Q: With two teenagers, how do you keep them in line?

A: Discipline and love. I think discipline's really important and lacking in some situations, some families and communities. I think they need to know you love them, they need to know what expectations you have, and the standards and values you keep. And they have to be corrected when they go off track.

Q: You and wife Andrea have been together 14 years, is that right?

A: Gosh. When did I get married?

Q: I'm putting you on the spot. It's going to be the hardest question all day.

A: I have to go look. Let me see. It's going to be 15 years. Yup, almost 15 years.

Q: So what's your secret to success?

A: What's my secret?

Q: Yes. If there is one.

A: Learning to say your sorry when you screw up. I don't know — choosing the right woman. That helps, big time. In my mind, I've never seen divorce as an option. My parents are together. Her parents are together. You know that old corny phrase, "the grass isn't greener on the other side." But really trying to believe that and live that. So there are going to be peaks and valleys in everything — in your marriage, in your job, in your life. So just enjoy the peaks and ride out the valleys. Just try not to do anything too rash.

A: Do have an iPod? What's on it?

Q: I don't have an iPod. I mean, I have a couple. Doesn't everyone? But I don't use it. I need to because I go to the gym now, and I'm tired of listening to morning radio. I want some music! I do have a video iPod, but I don't use it either.

A: If you do ever take your iPod to the gym, what might be playing?

Q: Yeah, I kind of mix it up. I like a lot of country music. So you might see some Tim McGraw, you might see Nickelback. You might see My Chemical Romance. You might see The Killers. You might see some Billy Joel or some Eagles. It's kind of a mix-it-up.

Q: Any other projects in the pipeline?

A: I wrote and directed my first movie last year, called Black Cloud. So I've got about another three movies in development. There's a lot of excitement and possibilities in my future with that. But right now I'm just enjoying 24. Hopefully they will enjoy me, and I can keep the world safe for a while longer.
    Freaking Ricky Schroder? Please don't tell me they are setting Ricky Schroder up to be Jack Bauer 2.0!

I haven't watched last week's epi yet, so excuse me if he's already shown his face on screen. At this point, even with his NYPD Blue background, I'm kind of flabbergasted. I hope Ricky is being set up as the next Chase (in other words ultimately kind of useless) rather than some long-range plan to ease the now "very old in '24' years Jack Bauer" out of the way.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I also thought while reading the interview that they may be trying to ease him into the role. I admit I like Ricky Schroder but I can only ever see Keifer as the lead in 24. Without him I wouldn't watch. I'd probably watch Ricky in something of his own creation but not as a fill-in for Jack Bauer. As the saying goes, "There can be only one."
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

i think they showed in the previews that he'll be on tonites episode

24 has already gotten lame, so i wouldn't even care if they were grooming him into the next Jack Bauer.

however i don't think so... Jack's partners end up DEAD or losing limbs at least

was hoping for a quick exit like Ronnie Labelle like season 4, but i guess he'll be there for the remainder of the season

LG.
    I actually liked Rick Schroeder when he was on NYPD Blue. I never thought I'd see him as anything other than a kid actor, but he did a good job acting with Dennis Franz (who was awesome on NYPD Blue), so I'll give him a chance.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2276495;
    I actually liked Rick Schroeder when he was on NYPD Blue. I never thought I'd see him as anything other than a kid actor, but he did a good job acting with Dennis Franz (who was awesome on NYPD Blue), so I'll give him a chance.

I didn't think it was possible but I actually felt sorry for Logan tonight. And I was disappointed that Martha has been in fruit loop status all this time. I bet poor Aaron didn't know exactly what he was getting himself into.

I wasn't too impressed with this episode at all. The plot barely moved forward. I really hope it picks up soon. And they even have Rick Schroder dressing like Jack. If he lives to the end of the season then I would definitely be inclined to think they're grooming him to take over the reins. There has been rumor that Jack would eventually be killed off but hopefully it's just rumor. I guess it depends on how long Keifer wants to continue and maybe monetary factors as well.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2277244;
    And they even have Rick Schroder dressing like Jack. If he lives to the end of the season then I would definitely be inclined to think they're grooming him to take over the reins. There has been rumor that Jack would eventually be killed off but hopefully it's just rumor.
    I hope it's only a rumor too. I don't care how many dudes Ricky Schroder grabs by the neck, Mike Doyle is no Jack Bauer.

I loved the Martha/Charles/Aaron scenes. Martha & Charles just work together well, and make the show interesting (and now we've seen the end of THAT good combination). BUT other than the Logans/Aaron stuff, my mind drifted and I kept wondering what the hell Jack was doing in the embassy for the hour. We didn't see him for like 15 minutes before he took diplomat girl & diplomat guy hostage and demanded the sat phone. Was he on a bathroom break? Raiding the vodka? Looking for some tea cakes?

I know there's lots of love for Powers Boothe as the VP, but every time I look at him, I think he's some frat boy playing at acting scary. I just can't take him seriously in anything....kinda like Ricky Schroder and Chad Lowe.

+ Reply to Thread