+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4282838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Ugly Betty: ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3863393;
    Nobody wants to post about the braces removal episode?
    I didn't get to see it yet. Will watch it this weekend
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I only saw the last 15 min. or so by mistake....it seemed to be about Betty imagining a different life at Mode where she is thin, pretty, stylish, and bracesless and then waking up to reality where she at least gets the braces off...but definitely not as stylish and not showing off her figure as well. So she's gradually getting more (traditionally) attractive still....

I thought the episode last night was SO sweet. Mark jumping in to stop the family (multiple times) from telling Justin that they knew he was gay was hilarious!!! I Mark!! And then Justin coming out on his own during the wedding reception was adorable. I actually teared up just a wee bit!

I was so glad that Betty did not get back together with Henry. It definitely looks like they are heading in the direction of getting Betty and Daniel together. I initially hated the idea because I have always thought of Betty as so much younger than him. At least they seem to have slipped the idea in gradually because I don't detest the idea as much as I did early on (although I'm still not wild about it).

I thought it was great that Wilhelmina stepped up to protect Claire when the drunk son came in with the gun. She was certainly the instigator that put the whole thing in motion, but she knows where to draw the line. I can't wait to see what happens next week!!

I'm so sad there is only one show left. I need to go look and see if we at least get a "super sized" episode to finish off a wonderful series!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm very fond of Mark also---he really has been trying to be a good mentor to Justin... When they were playing that song as people danced with the voiceover/speech by the bride about how love is about the people who know you better than you know yourself, and you see Daniel looking at Betty as if the scales have just fallen from his eyes (NOT vice versa though!), and everyone was paired up with a good partner, I felt for Amanda and Mark.... of course they love each other and "get" each other, but unless they are going to give Mark the least likely "conversion" story in history they will never be more than Will & Grace.
    Amazing that Willie stepped up!! Of course if the kid shoots Claire she will never get her hands on his stock because he won't get it, but it really seemed to be beyond that. I guess we have gradually seen her soften a bit over the years, but still a pretty big stretch for her character. Maybe they will give her stock as a reward and bring her into the fold, assuming everyone lives. Of course they might instead be furious about her original plot and what it did to the prodigal son/alcoholic.
    Wow, one more show to wrap it all up....
    And yeah, Betty not too good with the kid....clearly not ready to take on someone else's spawn....
    Is Daniel going to make Betty choose between London and him? Ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3872962;
    Amazing that Willie stepped up!! Of course if the kid shoots Claire she will never get her hands on his stock because he won't get it, but it really seemed to be beyond that. I guess we have gradually seen her soften a bit over the years, but still a pretty big stretch for her character. Maybe they will give her stock as a reward and bring her into the fold, assuming everyone lives. Of course they might instead be furious about her original plot and what it did to the prodigal son/alcoholic.
    Wow, one more show to wrap it all up....
    And yeah, Betty not too good with the kid....clearly not ready to take on someone else's spawn....
    Is Daniel going to make Betty choose between London and him? Ugh....
    If they are going to have Daniel and Betty get together then I am hoping he goes to London with her to run some UK version of Mode. Then they could give Wilhelmina a bigger role in US Mode.

I'm still hoping Mark gets with his ex from a while back. I think he was a photographer, but can't remember his name. I thought there were some rumors a while back about him making a reappearance on the show.

I admit that I'm a bit baffled by the gay "silver fox" in this episode ending up as Amanda's dad. Did he have a fling with her mom before he decided that he was gay or is there some additional twist that will be revealed in the finale...?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, I liked Mark's ex also...if you mean the one that at first he was embarassed by as he was not super slim? That guy didn't dump Mark for another guy, right? But rather over how Mark treated him? I'm not usually a regular watcher--too much else on Thursday, but now that ER is gone I can get Betty in..
    Glad I wasn't the only one confused by Amanda's dad stuff.... Maybe he's bi, or maybe he was still trying stuff out ... although he looks old enough that he wouldn't have been a teenager when Amanda was conceived, no?
    Good idea about Daniel running UK Mode...especially since Betty won't be running a fashion mag but a New Yorker type mag, so they wouldn't be rivals. Talk about a power couple! Of course a bit unrealistic to put Betty in charge of start up on a new mag on the basis of an erratically done blog...and some fashion mag experience.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3873124;
    Yes, I liked Mark's ex also...if you mean the one that at first he was embarassed by as he was not super slim? That guy didn't dump Mark for another guy, right? But rather over how Mark treated him?
    Yes, that is the one. I couldn't remember why they broke up so I did a bit of digging and found this...
    Cliff St. Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by WIKIPEDIA;
    Cliff asks Marc to move in with him, an act of commitment overwhelming Marc and causes him to start avoiding Cliff. In Marc's panic, he hooks up with Betty's neighbor at the MODE afterparty she holds on top of her apartment building. Cliff later shows up to withdraw his offer and show his understanding for Marc's reluctance, but Marc impulsively asks if Cliff wants to get married. Cliff excitedly agrees. In the following episodes, Marc avoids all mention of the pending nuptials, despite prodding from Amanda. On a work-related road trip with Marc and Betty, Amanda finds a receipt for two wedding bands in Cliff's car, which causes Marc to hyperventilate. On the same trip, Marc accidentally crashes Cliff's car (which he was borrowing), and dramatically bemoans Cliff will never trust him again, a claim the ladies dismiss. Later on, after coaxing from Betty, Marc confesses he cheated on Cliff and Betty encourages him to tell Cliff the truth. Mark asks Cliff to meet him at work, and at first confesses he crashed the car, a revelation relieving a nervous Cliff. However, Marc admits his infidelity, and a stunned Cliff leaves in tears. In the following episode, Amanda mentions Marc is no longer engaged.
    how did we ever manage without google and wikipedia!?
    I think it is hilarious that Mark's last name is St. James and this guy's last name is St. Paul. There has got to be a Catholic joke in there somewhere!

Glad I wasn't the only one confused by Amanda's dad stuff.... Maybe he's bi, or maybe he was still trying stuff out ... although he looks old enough that he wouldn't have been a teenager when Amanda was conceived, no?
    I'm admittedly not good with ages, but I would have put him in his mid-or-later-50s. If Amanda is around 30 then he would have been in his mid-or-later-20s when she was conceived...

Of course a bit unrealistic to put Betty in charge of start up on a new mag on the basis of an erratically done blog...and some fashion mag experience.
    Now that IS the truth! On the other hand, no one ever accused this show of being realistic!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I cannot believe this show is coming to an end. I love this show.

I loved when Mark stopped the family from having the "coming out" party. And when Justin decided on his own at the reception to come out, I teared up.

I really did detest the idea of Betty and Daniel getting together. But as time goes on, I like it. The best relationships start out as friendships. I just wish the show would be around for us to see what will happen between them
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm glad we got to see her old friend from the clothes closet who's now a designer in London again. I always liked her and like that her character was happily wrapped up. Was it my imagination or did that actress spend the whole show holding big bags in front of her... aka visibly pregnant?
    Also like that we are gradually checking off Betty's old serious boyfriends, clearing the field as it were for Daniel.
    Not sure how they are going to have a happy ending for Daniel's new half brother unless he totally missed everyone when the gun went off.

I'd be very surprised if Willy didn't get shot, but we'll see. They'd better not have Betty drop the London job for Daniel! And I don't really want them to get together. He's nice, but he's too weak for her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread