+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: ABC

Freaking DVR didn't record this week's episode. Caught the last 15 minutes
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I just caught bits and peices for the first time this season. Shame on Hilda, although it was nice to see AR. The Karate Kid must not have been working for the ratings.

I love when Amanda becomes the smartest character on the show- Matt/Betty.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3763898;
    I just caught bits and peices for the first time this season. Shame on Hilda, although it was nice to see AR. The Karate Kid must not have been working for the ratings.

I love when Amanda becomes the smartest character on the show- Matt/Betty.
    I loved this episode. SO glad that Matt & Betty are hooking up again! And I love when Amanda shows her nice!

Shame on Hilda, I agree. The "bad" guy is definitely a lot hotter than Archie, but if she really wanted to get with him she should have broke it off with Archie first. Of course, that would not be so "soap-opera-y"...

I loved that Wilhelmina's interest turned out to be alive, but then they had to go and arrest him!? That woman just can't get a break.

I also liked that Daniel can't go back to his old ways. The parts with Mark helping him flirt with the ladies and when they were trying to identify gay guys cracked me up. "No they're just European."
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-08-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3764360;
    I also liked that Daniel can't go back to his old ways. The parts with Mark helping him flirt with the ladies and when they were trying to identify gay guys cracked me up. "No they're just European."
    I did happen to see this part too. Loved it!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I felt so bad for Betty when she had to say goodbye to Matt. It seems like every time she falls in love, she has to say goodbye. But, it was nice to see him passionate about something.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3797392;
    I felt so bad for Betty when she had to say goodbye to Matt. It seems like every time she falls in love, she has to say goodbye. But, it was nice to see him passionate about something.
    I was confused by the ending. I thought it sounded like Matt was saying goodbye for 6 months and that he would be back and Betty was acting like it was forever. Did I miss something? Are they broken up for good?

I think I gasped audibly during the preview when it looked like Daniel was leaning in to kiss Wilhelmina!

the minimum that he will be gone is 6 months and I'm assuming she thinks he will forget about her.

OMG, I did that too. I so do NOT want them together

And we're done...

Ugly Betty' canceled by ABC

ABC is canceling Ugly Betty, the show that made America Ferrera a star when it arrived in 2006. The series will wrap after the current fourth season, which will end with a 20th episode due in mid-April, reports USA TODAY's Gary Levin.

The show started strong on Thursdays but has lately posted anemic ratings and was hurt by a move to Fridays last fall. The show will continue to air Wednesdays at 10 ET/PT for the time being, where ratings haven't improved much.

"We've mutually come to the difficult decision to make this Ugly Betty's final season, and are announcing now as we want to allow the show ample time to write a satisfying conclusion," says ABC chief Steve McPherson in a statement. "We are extremely proud of this groundbreaking series, and felt it was important to give the fans a proper farewell."
    Source: 'Ugly Betty' canceled by ABC - USATODAY.com

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I assume the braces will come off and Betty will magically lose a few lbs and improve her wardrobe still further.... Ta daaa! Now, will she and Daniel fall in love?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3811612;
    Well, I assume the braces will come off and Betty will magically lose a few lbs and improve her wardrobe still further.... Ta daaa! Now, will she and Daniel fall in love?
    I hope the show ends that way. True to its source.

+ Reply to Thread