+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 387879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3732184;
    They have been tiptoeing around the nephew's gayness for a couple of years. I think his mom has an inkling, but he won't talk.
    Really? They never really come out and say it directly, but I didn't think there was ever any thought that he wasn't gay by any of the family. I seem to remember that when his dad came back into the picture his mom was very adamant that he was accepted for who he is and I didn't get the slightest impression that she was in denial about his orientation.

I thought it was fun to see Yaya as Wilhelmina's daughter!

I was annoyed that Matt continued to be such a jerk. Yea, he absolutely has a right to be angry, but I hope they aren't setting him up to be a villain because I liked him!

Regarding the idea of Betty and Daniel, that idea will really have to grow on me. I definitely did see that possibility being presented in this episode. I have always thought she was much younger than him and in their relationship she has really acted more like his mother than anything else. There would have to be some significant growth showing them becoming equals rather than her taking care of him all the time.

As for her "beautification" I was glad that they showed her changing a little bit without actually going all the way. I thought her ending outfit was still a little out there. Also her hair makeover may have had a good idea behind it, but it kind of looked like her bangs were plastered into a sweep and the rest of her hair didn't really match. So I give an A+ for her fashion "baby step"!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So was that a new actress playing W's daughter? She certainly looked more different than just a "nose job" to me, but I've rarely been able to watch the show before this season (yay for Fridays!).
    B is clearly much younger than D I think (although she's out of college, so she wasn't THAT young even at the start), but that matters less as they age..and she's always been more mature. I agree they will have to be more "equals" for this to work. Her not being his assistant does help that growth into just friends, not boss/employee...and then we'll see. I think I remember reading years ago when this started that in the original version they wound up together....but it seemed as if the US version was going a different route.
    They still have her body padded...wonder what they will do to explain her slimming down. And I agree... the outfit...only baby steps!
    And as her nephew is now in high school they are going to have to start dealing more with the sex side of being gay, not just being "flamboyant". After all, he's a teenage boy, he's got hormones....

Last night's show really bugged me! All that silliness with Betty letting Hilda whip her into a frenzy trying to make Matt jealous and losing the article! And last week she screwed up, because she was trying to help Daniel. If they're going to give her a promotion and let her be an associate editor, they'd better let her have a success soon, or I'm not going to like the show much. I get that she's sorting out how to take care of both her work life and her emotional/family/friend life, but it's just irritating and painful to see a woman continually screwing up her career, even if it is supposed to be a comedic characterization of a telenovela-type story. Loved that she told Mark off at the end.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I also thought the "date" set-up was a little ridiculous. On the other hand I liked that she AND Amanda were both mad at Mark and I also like to see the ice thawing a bit between Betty and Matt.

Does anyone else think that Amanda is setting her sights on Matt? The last scene with her and Betty when she told Betty to forget about Matt made be think she said it because she really wants him for herself...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3736291;
    I also thought the "date" set-up was a little ridiculous. On the other hand I liked that she AND Amanda were both mad at Mark and I also like to see the ice thawing a bit between Betty and Matt.

Does anyone else think that Amanda is setting her sights on Matt? The last scene with her and Betty when she told Betty to forget about Matt made be think she said it because she really wants him for herself...
    Well, the visit from the receptionist from the past maybe made her think about taking advantage of her youth and landing a rich fish while she can.

That whole restaurant scene irritated me no end. Otherwise, interesting that Connor is back...will she ditch ambition for the good life? Mark's character is beginning to bleed - almost interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3736291;

That definitely seemed to be what they were implying with the editing. She looks at the cookie that Matt brought her and then tells Betty that she'd be better off forgetting about him.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Re: Ugly Betty: ABC

I'm ready for the new friend/assistant Natalie To Go! I get a cult-like (Scientology) vibe from her and the support group leader and think they're after Daniel's money.

It will be interesting to find out who Claire and Hartley's son is. And for all of Wilhemina's scheming, she does love her daughter and I didn't like finding out Niko (sp?) is behind the blackmail plot.

Nice to see Adam Rodriguez from CSI landed on his feet. Looking forward to him heating up the screen next week .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3745358;
    I'm ready for the new friend/assistant Natalie To Go! I get a cult-like (Scientology) vibe from her and the support group leader and think they're after Daniel's money.

It will be interesting to find out who Claire and Hartley's son is. And for all of Wilhemina's scheming, she does love her daughter and I didn't like finding out Niko (sp?) is behind the blackmail plot.

Nice to see Adam Rodriguez from CSI landed on his feet. Looking forward to him heating up the screen next week .
    Yes, poor Daniel..can't win. Of course that will once again show him that the only one who really cares about him is Betty.... Personally it seemed more like a giant scam set up than Scientology (ok, many think they are a scam as well, but in this case I think we have a couple of experienced crook scammers preying on the newly bereaved).

Interesting how Mark and Amanda are both being hulmanized. If this is really the last season I guess they want us to care enough about them that we will rejoice in happy endings all around. We are even being taught to care about Wilhemenia.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's annoyed by Jamie Lynn's character. There's something about her that really irks me.

+ Reply to Thread