+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3716351;
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that they moved UB to Friday nights. Episodes start 10/15
    10/16. Good thing they moved it. There's too much on Thursdays competing fro DVR space.

I totally forgot this started tonight!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

oh wow, yaya from antm is on the show

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Took me a while to place the former receptionist as the alien Sally from 3rd Rock from the Sun...

Right from the start it was clear this season is leading up to Ugly Betty emerging from her cocoon as a beautiful butterfly, with the former caterpillar still inside. She looked better even before they started changing her wardrobe, talking about her braces coming off, redoing her hair, etc. Obviously she still has a ways to go (socks with heels??), but step by step...

Anyone think this is leading up to her hooking up with her best bud Daniel in the end? He's matured, she's about to blossom.... And her ex is being a total jerk.

Her poor nephew... I wonder if he still got stuff poured on his pink shirt even when it wasn't designer wear. They only showed us the first day....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3729938;
    Took me a while to place the former receptionist as the alien Sally from 3rd Rock from the Sun...

Right from the start it was clear this season is leading up to Ugly Betty emerging from her cocoon as a beautiful butterfly, with the former caterpillar still inside. She looked better even before they started changing her wardrobe, talking about her braces coming off, redoing her hair, etc. Obviously she still has a ways to go (socks with heels??), but step by step...

Anyone think this is leading up to her hooking up with her best bud Daniel in the end? He's matured, she's about to blossom.... And her ex is being a total jerk.

Her poor nephew... I wonder if he still got stuff poured on his pink shirt even when it wasn't designer wear. They only showed us the first day....
    I recognized Kristen Johnson (I think that's her name) from 3rd Rock right off the bat, but she's got something strange going on with her lips that was really hard to watch. Apparently, Paula Abdul was originally slated to play that role, but backed out. Too bad for Paula. It was a really fun role that she probably could have rocked. Wonder if she didn't like the "old person" aspect of it?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3730365;
    I recognized Kristen Johnson (I think that's her name) from 3rd Rock right off the bat, but she's got something strange going on with her lips that was really hard to watch. Apparently, Paula Abdul was originally slated to play that role, but backed out. Too bad for Paula. It was a really fun role that she probably could have rocked. Wonder if she didn't like the "old person" aspect of it?
    I agree...and it didn't help that they were outlilned in a dark color and then filled in with a lighter color....was that meant to call up the memory of style of some bygone era? I knew another tall glamorous type woman of an even older age who did that...not a good idea.... had the same effect of drawing attention to lips that were not her best feature anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3730451;
    I agree...and it didn't help that they were outlilned in a dark color and then filled in with a lighter color....was that meant to call up the memory of style of some bygone era?

Yes. About ten or fifteen years ago. It was hideous then and it is equally as hideous today, regardless of how hooked into the dictates of Vogue the tragic fashion victim was.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3730916;
    Yes. About ten or fifteen years ago. It was hideous then and it is equally as hideous today, regardless of how hooked into the dictates of Vogue the tragic fashion victim was.
    I read an article once that pointed out that most women get fixated on the make up style of their youth....eyeliner/no eyeliner, natural eyebrows/plucked eyebrows, dark lipstick/"natural" lipstick...bad luck for her that it was that era!

FORT Regular

Just getting rid of those blunt bangs made such a difference for Betty's appearance! She looks lovely, and it's about time.

Wilhelmina's daughter looked so familiar to me, but I couldn't remember her name until now. It's definitely Yaya from ANTM, like jacobson00 mentioned.

*Crossing my fingers for a Daniel and Betty romantic relationship*
    I've been waiting for it since season one; I think this season is the best chance for it...

They have been tiptoeing around the nephew's gayness for a couple of years. I think his mom has an inkling, but he won't talk. Mark knows and will be a good guide for him through the horrors of high school. So, this is another storyline emerging along with Betty's new makeover and attitude. I cringed when Daniel came back as a disruptive force in her career, yet they seemed to have worked it out in the end. With this show, things always work out for the best no matter how they fall.

After declaring themselves to be friends, Daniel placed his arm around her...so maybe...He was also fast to react to an inuendo that they had been intimate. Hmm. We'll see. With Wilhelmina now caught between another rock and another hard place, she will continue with her conniving ways - yay. I loved the insult trades between her and Claire and the promis of more to come. I guess what I like most about this show is the writing. It doesn't fall into soap opera and keeps the comedy slightly dark yet able to show the humanness of the characters unlike the half hour comedy shows which are written with a broader brush.

Anyway - glad to see it back.

+ Reply to Thread