+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3676777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

I like the way Wilamehnia is turning out to a softie (a little) towards Mark, she really does care about Mark, even Betty. Her bark is worse than her bite

It started bugging me a few weeks ago that Betty's necklace is just like the one that Natalie Portman wore as Anne Boleyn in The Other Boleyn Girl. I finally got around to looking up the connection. It turns out that Betty's necklace is a replica of one that Henry VIII actually gave Anne Boleyn...

Anne Boleyn and Ugly Betty’s B necklace
    What does Ugly Betty Suarez have in common with Queen Anne Boleyn, second wife of King Henry VIII? Not much you would think, after all they’re separated by about 500 years, but Anne’s accessories have stood the test of time.

America Ferrera’s character in Ugly Betty wears a letter “B” adorned with pearls around her neck in the show, and it turns out that it is a piece that the late queen (most recently played by Natalie Portman in The Other Boleyn Girl) wore in real life.

The newer version was created by Jen Parrish and can be purchase with your own initials from Parrish Relics for $192.

It’s up to you to decide whether you’re wearing jewelry first worn by a Queen or worn by a girl from Queens, New York.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Is that Aminat (with her 'fro weave) from this cycle of ANTM on the cover of MODE (the SEX issue) in tonight's episode? I've seen it several times and there are shots with the same shoot for the mock up cover and it really looks like her.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

So, UB was supposed to go on hiatus until summer, but ABC changed their minds, and now it's only going on hiatus until early May. There are 4 new episodes left to the current season.

Also:
    ABC.COM PREMIERES NEW "UGLY BETTY: MODE AFTER HOURS" WEBISODES

Six All-New Webisodes of the Popular Short-Form Series to Premiere on ABC.com

Starting today, ABC.com will debut the first of six all-new "Ugly Betty: Mode After Hours." The popular short-form series follows Marc (Michael Urie) and Amanda (Becki Newton) in different adventures at the Mode office after the work day is done and everyone has left.

A new episode of the online series will roll out each week, leading up to the May 7 return of "Ugly Betty" to ABC's primetime schedule. Fans will also be treated to an exclusive special of behind-the-scenes outtakes, including the making of "Mode After Hours," following the last original webisode.

Nominated for a NAMIC Vision Award for original short-form webisode content, "Mode After Hours" originally premiered last September on ABC.com. They quickly became a fan favorite and ABC.com's most successful short-form series to date with the initial six webisodes garnering over 10 million views.

In addition to the new webisodes, ABC.com is also offering an expanded selection of full episodes from the current season of "Ugly Betty" on its Full Episode Player, increasing the number of episodes currently available online from four to ten.

Full press release here
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3388063;
    Is that Aminat (with her 'fro weave) from this cycle of ANTM on the cover of MODE (the SEX issue) in tonight's episode? I've seen it several times and there are shots with the same shoot for the mock up cover and it really looks like her.
    I don't think it's Aminat since her lips are full. I think it looks like Stacy Ann from last season (or was it the season before?) but I don't know if it's her or not.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Is anyone watching the webisodes? I love Marc and Amanda together! The first 2 have been pretty funny.

Marc is my favorite character.
    Last week his Jane-Austin-era vest and hairdo was gorgeous.

Hmmm. Henry's coming back! Poor Matt!

Wonder how it will all shake down?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Just thought I'd let you guys know that they moved UB to Friday nights. Episodes start 10/15
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wondered when it was going to start, I've been waiting
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread