+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485868788899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3290882;
    DWTS is getting tiring/boring, even.
    I actually gave up on DWTS last season after just a few shows. I already dislike shows that have separate competition and elimination episodes, but when they start out with so many couples that they need TWO nights just to air the premiere that is just too much. I cannot dedicate that much time to watching one show!!!!

I am very sad that they are putting UB on hold and I hope they are not considering cancellation. I hope in the meantime they find a focus other than Betty vs. her family. I am not sure I like that she decided to move back home just when she was finally trying to step out on her own, but I'm waiting to see what happens next...

Michael Ausiello is keeping hope alive:

Exclusive: 'Ugly Betty' lives! | Ugly Betty | Ausiello Files | EW.com

An Ugly mess has been averted!

Despite the, ahem, perception problem that resulted from that whole open-ended hiatus thing, ABC is on the verge of renewing Ugly Betty for a fourth season, sources confirm to me exclusively.

The network is also said to be thisclose to giving early pickups to Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, America's Funniest Home Videos, and The Bachelor.

An ABC spokesperson says the net "is not ready to announce any pick-ups at this point."

As you know, Betty's future was called into question when ABC announced that it was temporarily replacing the show on Thursdays with an all-sitcom comedy block. At the time, Alphabet insiders insisted the show was safe, and, gosh dang-it, they weren't lying!

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3321929;
    PHEW! My favorite show is safe...for now.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I saw the show about the father having a romance with the nurse. Betty and Hilda were so rude, they asked the woman to leave with no regards to their father's feelings and hers. Selfish is the word. They were so afraid of losing their father, the memory of their mother. These 2 are grown women not adolescents.

Betty has actually been getting on my nerves lately. I know she is a nice person and means well but sometimes her actions just really grate on me. I was glad she came around concerning the nurse. And Hilda has no right to talk. Her father hated Justin's father (forget his name) for the way he treated Hilda but he still welcomed him back into the family when Hilda decided to give him another chance.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3325618;
    Betty has actually been getting on my nerves lately. I know she is a nice person and means well but sometimes her actions just really grate on me.
    I did the unthinkable (for me) I took Ugly Betty off my DVR list. other than the dialogue between Mark and Amanda, I really don't care for any of the storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3325749;
    I did the unthinkable (for me) I took Ugly Betty off my DVR list. other than the dialogue between Mark and Amanda, I really don't care for any of the storylines.
    I'm starting not to like it either....Betty does something trying to be good and she gets in trouble. I don't like several story lines. I love Mrs. Meade but hate that they are making her into such a sad sap that steals. I want her jail buddy to come back. Love the Amanda and Mark bits...but the family in Queens and the love stories...boring. However I think they are getting more outragous with Betty's clothes. Loved her house purse!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I read at
    Click to see Spoiler:
    spoilerfix that a character turns evil and someone dies - both new characters. The implication is that perhaps Connor turns evil over the Daniel/Molly pairing and Molly dies. Not sure how or if Connor is behind it but it sounded as if perhaps Molly will be killed off. Also, Betty finds out something about Henry through his Facebook (maybe he and Charlie have a second baby?) and they are bringing in a new love interest for Betty - someone who she meets through YETI
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;3325788;
    I'm starting not to like it either....Betty does something trying to be good and she gets in trouble. I don't like several story lines. I love Mrs. Meade but hate that they are making her into such a sad sap that steals. I want her jail buddy to come back. Love the Amanda and Mark bits...but the family in Queens and the love stories...boring. However I think they are getting more outragous with Betty's clothes. Loved her house purse!
    Wow you really summed it up for me. and as for someone who grew up in Queens, I'm little disappointed. Love Mrs. Meade and I thought the birthday episode was a great opportunity to bring back her jail buddy, great chemistry.

I'm reasonably happy with all the characters with the single glaring exception of Betty. I absolutely can't abide drama queens, pollyannas, the self-righteous or people who cram their lives with activities and then complain that they are too busy, and she is an exceedingly annoying combination of all four.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread