+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

I'm so annoyed with this. Why is there a need to have DWTS on twice a year??
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3290538;
    I'm so annoyed with this. Why is there a need to have DWTS on twice a year??
    Because it costs a lot less to make than a scripted show.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I really don't understand the logic. Betty is a solid performer with visibility and a good amount of buzz, still getting awards and nominations, and with room to grow creatively. I know the ratings have slipped a bit this season, but they're still very good numbers. Is ABC honestly thinking that Samantha Who? and some unknown sitcom are going to outperform Betty against Survivor, Bones, and NBC's sitcom block?

This, when I'm still smarting from them yanking off Eli Stone. Well, hopefully we'll have new episodes of both airing well into the summer.

I hope Ugly Betty doesn't get cancelled.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

DWTS is getting tiring/boring, even.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Unfortunately, TV is driven by ratings. Ugly Betty had gone way down in the ratings and that is why it's being yanked right now.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3290882;
    DWTS is getting tiring/boring, even.

Couldn't agree more.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Regular

I've been wondering where Samantha Who went, I like the show, but that other show, In Motherhood, with Mullaly sounds familiar. Either my memory is wrong about this, or ABC show the previews for this a long, long time ago. I came on here to see more news on UB's "cancellation". I freaked out when I read the cancellation rumors... this is one of the few shows I like to watch on a regular basis.

And I very much agree with DWTS. The show can go on for 20 seasons and I still won't get its hype. It's garbage.

The season with Kristi Yamaguchi was the worse, she was the winner from day 1. No one else had a chance. I refused to watch DWTS after a few shows, it was a waste of my time.

I'm annoyed with ABC as well. Why get rid of their 2 best shows (IMO) Ugly Betty and Eli Stone? I get why Pushing Daisies because after watching only one episode a couple of months ago that show is the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen. I think that Samantha Who is a big piece of crap as well. And then, I just saw a promo for the new show Cupid and I was in shock that they would actually have something so asinine And seriously, what's going from 9 million to 8 million viewers? That's not really dropping a HUGE amount. I'll bet Lindsay Lohan is the sole reason that there was any drop in ratings at all anyway. Probably also a lack of Gio or any romance for Betty at all. It's so annoying that the writer NEVER seem to give Betty a break and they never let her be happy.
    Last edited by stacerace; 01-29-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread