+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3276513;
    I like Wilhelmina and Connor together-- Daniel and Molly, not so much. Daniel's always been shown as a playboy who mostly digs models, so him being with a plain Jane like Molly is not believable, and lastly, I just don't like her much. There are characters that I instantly take a liking to, and then there are others who I just don't. She's the latter.
    While I'm not a huge fan of Molly as a character, I think that Daniel's affection for her is sweet. I thought is was believable enough because after dealing with his (actually Alexis's) son, he is realizing that the playboy lifestyle isn't enough for him any more and he wants to settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3276513;
    With that said, I love the song that was played at the end when the new couples started kissing each other. I looked up the song and have been listening to it ever since.
    What was the song? I don't remember it grabbing my attention during the show, but I love discovering new songs that way!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3273716;
    At first I also didn't like the way Betty's family got upset at her for needing to take care of work business, but I can see how they would feel that way. They've done a lot for Betty regarding her work and they fixed up her apartment when she found out what a dump it was. They just wanted to know she would be there when they needed her for the important things in their life too.
    Ah, I can definitely see both sides of the whole "sacrifices" issue. Betty's family is extremely close-knit, and they have all been shown supporting her and her ambitions for three seasons now. Hilda is launching something really ambitious of her own for the first time, and it's understandable that she wants her sister there to support her if she gets nervous, or runs out of things to say, or just needs to see a reassuring face. I didn't think it was so out of line for her family to expect Betty to be there, and to want to be there.

On the other hand, Betty's ambitions have long been known, and the family were all well aware that the whole YETI thing on top of her already crazy job was going to mean Betty being busier than usual. There was no need to pile the guilt on her. They should've been more understanding, and Betty should've been more flexible and less self-involved. Maybe she should've left Wili's party right after talking with Jodi Papadakis.

Also, is it just me, or was Daniel a bit of a tool this episode? The whole "I never should've trusted you; I should've had an editor get the dress" thing rubbed me the wrong way, considering that Betty fixes his mess-ups every week of the year.

Also also, the name of the song at the end is "La Ritournelle" by Sebastien Tellier.

Also also also, poor Ignacio.
    Last edited by MotherSister; 01-13-2009 at 07:03 PM.

MotherSister - Very well said!! and thanks for the name of the song, i'll go check it out now!

Ugh, Ugly Betty got preempted for the President and his final address...blah blah blah...

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to see it!! I am somewhat miffed at our local station for not mentioning anything about the preemption and if they were going to replay it overnight or something.

ugh! I was wondering why there was no UB... instead we got Ugly Georgie.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3279766;
    Ugh, Ugly Betty got preempted for the President and his final address...blah blah blah...

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to see it!! I am somewhat miffed at our local station for not mentioning anything about the preemption and if they were going to replay it overnight or something.
    Huh? They aren't just holding the episode until next week?

Me too, I was thinking "What (!), no Ugly Betty", was wondering if the schedule change had already taken affect.

George Bush was on (?), I watched Kitchen Nightmares instead, for 2 hours.
    Last edited by graycat11; 01-16-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Apparently has been shelved until June. I also found an article that mentioned they have cast Henry "2.0"

Betty should be finding a new love interest at YETI
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3289727;
    Apparently has been shelved until June. I also found an article that mentioned they have cast Henry "2.0"

Betty should be finding a new love interest at YETI
    Wait, what?! Are you saying Ugly Betty won't be on again until June? Do you have a web link?

ETA: Nevermind, went searching and found this: ABC Puts Ugly Betty on Hold - E! Online

In a surprising move, ABC just announced that its former comedic golden child, Ugly Betty, will be shelved on March 26 in order to bring back Christina Applegate's Samantha Who? and launch a new comedy called In the Motherhood, starring Megan Mullally and Cheryl Hines, in the Thursday 8 p.m. slot.

ABC President Steve McPherson's nostalgic favorite (and old stomping ground) Scrubs and another new comedy, Better Off Ted (Portia de Rossi, Jay Harrington), will take the hour-long block starting Wednesdays at 8 p.m. (The former home of the dearly departing Pushing Daisies.)

So why is one of ABC's highest-profile shows getting a time-out? And what does America have to say?

According to ABC insiders, the Alphabet net is looking at more of a cable model when it comes to its programming and scheduling. "McPherson is interested in reducing the number of reruns," one well-placed insider tells me, adding that Betty—after its dip in the ratings this season—seemed the best place to slot in Samantha and Motherhood.

Betty had an audience of about 8 million at the start of the current third season, but then consistently lost about a million viewers each week, sinking as low as 3.6 million. This month, it jumped back up to 7.5 million, but that's still shy of last year's audience of 9 million viewers.

Meanwhile, yesterday on the SAG carpet, Ferrera told us everything is going well on her three-year-old series and teased this about what lies ahead: "Someone turns very evil—an unexpected person. Like, just your general backstabbing and lies. Just another day on Ugly Betty!"

Sources also tell me there'll be a love connection between a main character on Betty and someone we know and love from a Showtime series we know and love.
    And this... ABC to shelve Betty for a while and to give new timeslots to comedies - TV Squad

Fans of Samantha Who? have been wondering what would happen to their favorite amnesiac as ABC, who first said it would resume the show's second season in January, decided to shelve the series until it finds a slot for it. Well, the network has finally announced when SW? would return: Thursday, March 26 at 8 p.m. Yes, your eyes are not playing a trick on you: Ugly Betty will be shelved... for a few weeks. Oh and while they were at it, ABC's Power That Be decided that Scrubs would also move nights starting in March!

Here is how ABC plans to make you laugh with its 'comedy blocks' starting mid-March.

* Scrubs along with new comedy Better Off Ted, starring Jay Harrington, will fill the 8 pm timeslot on Wednesdays starting on March 18.
    * Samantha Who? will open another hour of comedy on Thursdays at 8 pm starting on March 26. The other half hour will be given to new comedy In the Motherhood, starring Megan Mullally, Cheryl Hines and Horatio Sanz.

Ugly Betty is set to return when the new Thursday comedy lineup completed its run, but ABC doesn't want to announce UB's return date yet. The network probably wants to leave open the possibility that Better Off Ted and In the Motherhood will get early cancellation meaning that SW? could move to Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m.; thus giving UB its timeslot earlier than planned. However, if both comedies do well enough to stay in the Thursday at 8 p.m. timeslot, Betty's return could only be in... June!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-26-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I swear, ABC is getting on my last nerve. First we lose Pushing Daisies, now Ugly Betty??? If it wasn't for DWTS and Scrubs, I would not even be watching ABC anymore. At least we get UB until March, so we can at least close out a few storylines.

+ Reply to Thread