+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

LOVED the end of this episode where Daniel came thru for Betty and then Betty and Mark were talking on the phone togther. It warmed my heart!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3238302;
    LOVED the end of this episode where Daniel came thru for Betty and then Betty and Mark were talking on the phone togther. It warmed my heart!!!

My favorite part of the show too. I'm glad Daniel came through for her. My heart broke when Mark told her that she was just a quota fill
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3238557;
    My favorite part of the show too. I'm glad Daniel came through for her. My heart broke when Mark told her that she was just a quota fill
    Yes, they both got in, yay. Mark was being a little spiteful when he told Betty she just filled the quota but it was the truth. Mark has worked at Mead longer than Betty so I understand his frustration. He really is a nice guy.

Like the ending and am happy that Mark and Betty are friends even though they are rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3236603;
    I love the "tender" moments that Betty and Mark share.
    Her posing as his girlfriend, him giving the mail bag for confetti, but this past episode was the best!
    I really like their friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3238810;
    Yes, they both got in, yay. Mark was being a little spiteful when he told Betty she just filled the quota but it was the truth. Mark has worked at Mead longer than Betty so I understand his frustration. He really is a nice guy.
    I didn't think he was being spiteful at all. She kind of forced it out of him, at which point he was just telling the truth in a dignified way. I really like how that actor plays that character. Mark and Amanda are my favorite characters on the show.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3238810;
    I loved when they were on the phone together, too. That was so cute.

But I didn't get the deadline part. Wasn't Betty's deadline at 2 p.m. that day when she had her presentation (or whatever the actual time was). Daniel didn't give them his recommendation later until well after. Does that still count? And Betty was upset that she got in to fill the minority quota and wanted to be admitted because of her merits. Well, how is that still not the case? Is she OK being admitted the way she was just 'cause Mark got in, too? What about the other candidates? Was she better than all of them, too? I have no problems with her being in the program--quota or no quota--but she seemed to have a problem so I kind of wish they had clarified that a little better, with the administrators saying that she would've gotten in if Mark hadn't been competing, too, but since they were submitted under different publications, they're happy to have their top two choices. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3239275;
    I loved when they were on the phone together, too. That was so cute.

But I didn't get the deadline part. Wasn't Betty's deadline at 2 p.m. that day when she had her presentation (or whatever the actual time was). Daniel didn't give them his recommendation later until well after. Does that still count? And Betty was upset that she got in to fill the minority quota and wanted to be admitted because of her merits. Well, how is that still not the case? Is she OK being admitted the way she was just 'cause Mark got in, too? What about the other candidates? Was she better than all of them, too? I have no problems with her being in the program--quota or no quota--but she seemed to have a problem so I kind of wish they had clarified that a little better, with the administrators saying that she would've gotten in if Mark hadn't been competing, too, but since they were submitted under different publications, they're happy to have their top two choices. Or something like that.
    There were other candidates that got in besides Mark and Betty, so they didn't pick her over them. The controversy was over the fact that they could only choose one person from each magazine, and Mark was the more qualified candidate from Mode.

I had the impression that they liked Betty's idea and definitely would have chosen her had she been the only candidate from her magazine, so Daniel's telling them that she could be submitted under the other magazine's name solved the problem for everyone.

As for them making some sort of exception for her initially, Betty should have been suspicious that something was up when then accepted her without Daniel's letter.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I was under the impression Betty wrote the letter for Daniel. Yes, she wanted him to write it but he said she could write it for him. She waited around on him and I think when she realized he wasn't going to show, she wrote it herself (off camera). Because when she was at the interview, they asked about the letter and she seemed like she was prepared to read it. Of course it was nice that he finally came around and wrote it himself and the reason they accepted it was because it was submitted under the other magazine's name. That's my theory anyway on how it all played out.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I decided that I miss Wilhelmena wearing just off white. Some of her outfits lately would be more suitable for Betty. I don't know who is styling Mark lately, but his wardrobe needs much improving too.

I didn't like the message the episode gave of- it's OK to buy something, wear it then return it.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Amanda last night was a little immature and Betty is just too nice. Amanda's finally growing up, trying to be a better person. She and Mark are really nice, good people despite working for Wiilhemena.

+ Reply to Thread