+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

well i am such a big fan of ugly betty! i love everything about it, her butterfly costume is so cute!

I loved tonight's episode. I love how the "evil" characters (Wilhemina, Amanda, even Marc) are slowly getting fleshed out.

I also like how the Walter subplot is setting Betty up to show that she's not as perfect on the inside as she seems...well, I hope that's what it's doing. I don't like the Walter subplot itself.
    Gustav Holst was right!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie22;2118077;
    well i am such a big fan of ugly betty! i love everything about it, her butterfly costume is so cute!
    I know! I want one! The "dorky" accounting guy was also very cute. You could tell they were trying to make him look lame with the glasses and slicked back hair...but he really did look a little like Clark Kent.

I HATE that Walter cheated on her and she took him back. Ugh! The accounting guy seemed so much more promising...AND he likes sushi! Perfect guy, if you ask me!

yes the accounting guy is very cute. that was chris gorham who was jake 2.0 and on popular. he is a very good actor. i think she has a soft spot for walter, but i think betty's world is just going to get bigger so eventually she's going to meet other guys. she cant stay in her queens bubble forever. walter needs to realize betty is changing.

Walter needs to go away, is what Walter needs to do. Henry the Super Accountant had loads if chemistry with Betty, where Walter is more like a wet rag. Their kiss at the end left me stone cold.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;2119085;
    Walter needs to go away, is what Walter needs to do. Henry the Super Accountant had loads if chemistry with Betty, where Walter is more like a wet rag. Their kiss at the end left me stone cold.
    EXACTLY! Couldn't have said it better myself! And after Walter slept with Betty's skanky neighbor, I wouldn't want to kiss him much less move in with him. ICK!

CCL
    I watched this show for the first time this past week, and thought it was pretty good. But I found the background music very loud. I wouldn't even term it background music, as it did not fade into the background at all, but seemed quite jarringly loud.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've noticed that Ugly Betty is, once again, being shown on the SOAP network. I enjoy watching the reruns. That nephew is adorable...he's way too cute and talented!! They have definitely jumped 'out there' with his character. I don't recall ever seeing a kid playing a role like this. Love It!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

leftcoaster I have to disagree with you about the nephew being too young to be obsessive.
    I work with kids and from the time they are less than 1 most of them are obsessive about something, it may be dinosaurs, dolls or trucks and cars.
    Children do play along gender lines, it's not sexist, it's scientifically true. As far as all of the hinting that the nephew is gay - well, he very well may be. Many scientists believe and are trying to prove that homosexuality is a gene - so it's present from birth. It's nice that he has grown up in a household that has made him so secure that he has zero problem expressing himself and his full personality. It says much more about the family than the child - children do what they do.
    It's too bad that Betty's father is an illegal. Probably not a popular opinion but ... he has had a SSC for most of his working life therefore he has been contributing to the country as anyone who was born here has - in cases like this wouldn't it be better to put them to the head of the line to obtain legal citizenship? Something would have to be done about the fraud and the stolen identity though.

So, the chick in the bandages is Fey? I thought Wilhemina despised Fey? We know for sure that Willy wanted Fey's job - why would she be hanging out with her and assisting Fey in her dirty work?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I watched the Halloween ep online and Amanda is so stick thin that she reminds me of a bobblehead doll. Her head is so large on top of such a skinny body. I wonder why she doesn't tip over.

I'd like to see Betty go out with Henry again. Walter is just smarmy imo and Betty is too good for him. He wanted to spread his wings so now it's Betty's turn.

I love the nephew character. He steals every scene he's in, he's so quirky and full of life. This show has really grown on me.

+ Reply to Thread