+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3223649;
    This show has lost a lot of appeal for me. I know it's called Ugly Betty, but is she going to wear those braces for the whole run of the show? I also think the storylines have become boring.
    I always say the same thing! By seasons 5 and 6 will she STILL have those braces on? I know the whole point of the show was that a "homely" girl made it big in the fashion world, but it's just very hard to believe that she would be working at a huge fashion magazine for so long and still have that hair. But then again, it's TV and the whole point is for it to be over-the-top. I still love the show, though. They seem to be running out of ideas this season but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

And add me to the list of people happy to see Lindsay Lohan go. There was no point to her being on the show other than getting to say "Tune in next week to see LINDSAY LOHAN!" Her character was pretty pointless in regard to the plot, and I'm not a huge fan of the girl regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3223029;
    They really could have cast any number of girls in LL's role. She wasn't doing anything special with it, other than "being Lindsey."
    Now that you mention it, I think that I would have been much more interested in this storyline if it was an "unknown" actress playing the Kimmie role (or at least an actress with less baggage).

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3223896;
    Now that you mention it, I think that I would have been much more interested in this storyline if it was an "unknown" actress playing the Kimmie role (or at least an actress with less baggage).
    Me too. It would have seemed at least a little more "real" in regards to the storyline, rather than the show randomly throwing Lindsay Lohan in our faces just to get people to watch. It was all so random, and her storyline served no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3223649;
    This show has lost a lot of appeal for me. I know it's called Ugly Betty, but is she going to wear those braces for the whole run of the show? I also think the storylines have become boring.
    Well, they could have her sell out like Anne Hathaway's character in The Devil Wears Prada but Betty selling out isn't the show that I want to watch. I don't want to see Ugly Betty to become and evil witch like Ugly Wanda became Wilhelmina. That loses the appeal to me. I like the idea of a somewhat plain looking girl who tries to stay true to herself in that crazy world. The facts are that without the Ugly Betty hair, eyebrows and braces, America is a stunningly beautiful woman. I saw an interview with Selma Hayek and she had to really sell America to the other producers because she is so beautiful. They wanted a woman who actually was ugly. I think they need to leave Betty's character alone. As for Lindsay, it was an OK storyline I guess, but I just don't like her. I liked her when she played Amanda Cory's daughter on Another World when she was 10 and in the Parent Trap as well. I will say she was pretty good in Georgia Rule too but I almost didn't watch that movie just because she's such a disgusting person.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I think there might be a difference between selling her character out and dressing her up just a bit. I think losing the braces and/or a bit of a facial change wouldn't change her character if they wrote it that way. I think that she can stay the same Betty we like (well did like in past seasons ) can stay with a bit of changes.

Um.........I actually love Lindsay Lohan on the show, I think she's been doing a great job. Personally I don't care what they do backstage, all I care about is what I watch on the show at the end of the day.

Considering Betty has been down in the ratings lately all these reports of backstage fighting could just be to get more viewers, hence why there's conflicting reports of whats going on so no-one looks like the bad guy.

Anyways, I'm really disappointed with the way the last episode ended. It seemed as though Kimmy and Betty were going to become friends and then in a matter of seconds Kimmy reverts to mega bitch, I mean it was completely ridiculous.

Oh and the Zac Efron guest appearance was random .

My 2 cents...

I don't think it would be appropriate to glam Betty up, but seriously, they could still make her a plain jane without the over the top crazy clothes. The printed tights and over the top colors mixed with prints are really too much for anyone. Its just too exaggerated for me, but I guess that is the show.

I also want to see more of Gio... I 'heart' Gio.

I love the show, especially Betty's family scenes and think and a little degree of normalacy would help the ratings. Some of my friends have totally stopped watching because it is so over the top. I guess to each their own.

Rumor/Spoiler I read today that I hope is true:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read that Mark's boyfriend, Cliff will be back.

It is indeed babs!!

I wish Betty could get rid of her hair style, the braces too. Enough already.

+ Reply to Thread