+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Bad news for Los Angeles, good news for me I guess:
    Ugly Betty's Move to New York: "It's a Done Deal"

When it comes to New York, Ugly Betty has apparently come to the conclusion that nothing beats the real thing.

In a fairly unprecedented move for an established hour drama, ABC has decided to shift the show's entire production to within stalking distance of me New York next season. The real New York. "It's a done deal," says one Betty insider.

Although Ugly Betty is set in the Big Apple, the show is shot entirely in La La Land. Whenever Gotham is featured as a backdrop in a scene, what you're probably seeing is a studio backlot, a random street in downtown L.A. or, in the case of Betty's Queens nabe, an elaborate green screen.

Although an ABC Studios spokesperson was unavailable for comment, my Betty source says Alphabet execs see the East Coast move as both a way to cut costs ("It's generally cheaper to shoot in the city you're trying to portray") and give the show an authentic New York feel. It's doubtful they'll get much resistance from the actors, many of whom either hail from New York (Vanessa Williams and Ana Ortiz) or have called it home at one time (Juilliard grad Michael Urie).

As far as I'm concerned — and by "I," I mean me and you, too — it sounds win-win. You see, it's much easier to stalk interview BFFs Urie, Ortiz and Becki Newton if they live just a few blocks away as opposed to a few thousand miles. Duh.
    I couldn't agree more with that last sentence. It would be fun to happen upon a location where they are filming on my way to work. And since I work near Bryant Park (where Fashion Week happens), I suspect I can kill 2 stalking birds with one trip, both Betty and Project Runway.

It used to be that it cost more to film on location. Something has changed in Hollywood for the reverse to be true now...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2980884;
    That wasn't Dean Cain. It was Eddie Cibrian of Third Watch fame and ~~drool city~~ he's delicious!!
    He was also on "Invasion" with the Blonde Lady that was Daniels therapist in this episode.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2988662;
    Bad news for Los Angeles, good news for me I guess:

I suspect I can kill 2 stalking birds with one trip, both Betty and Project Runway.

It used to be that it cost more to film on location. Something has changed in Hollywood for the reverse to be true now...
    Sorry, Project Runway is relocating to LA. Damn that Heidi Klum!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2996145;
    Sorry, Project Runway is relocating to LA. Damn that Heidi Klum!
    That's only half-bad news; Season 6 (the Lifetime Golden Girls season) will spend the first half of the season in NY, the 2nd half in LA. The finale will still be at NY's Fashion Week. (But I digress...)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Eee! When Gio said "I don't wanna be the rebound guy. I wanna be the guy", I started squeaking out loud and my dad poked his head in to see what was going on.
    I'm 23 years old. lol. And then my best friend, also 23 years old, calls me right after and starts squeaking too. I love how giddy this show makes us. Reminds me of high school and the Backstreet Boys. I'm such a Gio fangirl. lol

Ok fine then, Betty, if you don't want him, I call shotgun on Gio!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Freddy Rodríguez, the actor who plays Gio, certainly doesn't look like he is 33 years old, does he?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK. I'm officially in love with Gio. Was he sexy (and sweet, too) tonight or what?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

How sincere was Gio last night when he told Betty he didn't want to be the rebound guy? I was all for Henry, but I am loving Betty with Gio.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

O.M.Gosh!!!! Last night I was thinking LAST week had been the Ugly Betty finale and I missed the show!!!

Oh well, I hope they have it online by tonight so I can watch it ASAP!!!

You definitely have to watch it CRTW!

It was fantastic! I loved everything about it. It was definitely the Ugly Betty we love and I'm sad that next week's the finale already. It seems like it just came back.

+ Reply to Thread