+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 94 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Betty actually annoyed me in this week's episode. Beginning writers can't pick and choose their assignments. The fact that she didn't bother to research the author at all just annoyed me. Yes, she mistook him for the other reputable guy...but when she found out, she should've read the book belatedly so that she could get more material for her article. Turning in a story about a completely different subject that you were assigned--what is that? I know it's just a show--one that I usually love!--but come on! If we all only did the parts of our jobs that we were passionate about, my guess is we'd all be fired...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2771411;
    Betty actually annoyed me in this week's episode. Beginning writers can't pick and choose their assignments. The fact that she didn't bother to research the author at all just annoyed me. Yes, she mistook him for the other reputable guy...but when she found out, she should've read the book belatedly so that she could get more material for her article. Turning in a story about a completely different subject that you were assigned--what is that? I know it's just a show--one that I usually love!--but come on! If we all only did the parts of our jobs that we were passionate about, my guess is we'd all be fired...
    If this were a drama I would agree. This show is so silly and over the top that logic is not a part of this experience. The plot lines are outrageous and intended to entertain and make no sense at all.

What bugs me, and it is ridiculous, is her braces and hair. Just take them off and give her a good hair cut. She can still be a dork. It will never happen because it is at the core of this show. I can roll with the outrageous plot lines but I definately have trouble with the fact she is working for a fashion mag and no one has taken her for a make over.
    Last edited by shoepie; 01-27-2008 at 08:38 AM.

I like that she still has the braces and glasses. We don't see enough lead characters on TV who look like average, ordinary people, as opposed to people who spent the whole day at the gym and the spa. She is the engine behind all the silly "beautiful" people at Mode. I think the show would lose its point if she were made over.

I think it's inevitable that Ugly Betty will transform into a beauty before the series ends. I'd rather they hold onto that card until the very last episode.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You are exactly right! I'd hate to see her lose her braces and glasses, because I'm sure that would,surely, mean the end of the show. Don't we all know more people who look like her than don't? She points out all of the vapidness of the characters on the show...even the extras. Hooray for 'Ugly Betty'! I like that not everybody on this show looks alike.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2769839;
    You guys have to get a Tivo. You can back up and catch what you missed. It happens to me all the time.

I have TiVo and he wasn't quiet long enough for me to go back and watch what I missed and I didn't think he was going to be so noisy or I would have taped it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Seriously looking forward to seeing this return tomorrow!! I have truly missed Betty!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2942862;
    Seriously looking forward to seeing this return tomorrow!! I have truly missed Betty!

so am I. Cannot wait. TiVo already set up
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm excited here too. The commercials are such a tease!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I am also excited for the return of Betty. Love love love this show! I hope they give us a little reminder of what has happened thus far because it has been awhile.
    Wake up and be awesome

Count me in too, I have really missed this show!!!

+ Reply to Thread