+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

I haven't watched a single show this season. Are they ever going to take Betty's braces off?
    Yup, with donuts!!

I loved that they embraced all womens' figures, but if they were going to do it right, I think they should have used some more flattering outfits for all the "real women".

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;2750119;
    Anyone else getting a "you left me years ago, so I'm gonna make up a lie about being sick just so I can get some money from you and then disappear as payback" vibe from Christina's husband?

LOVED last night's show... thought it was the perfect mix of funny and heartfelt moments like how Daniel saw the glimpse of Betty in her big shirt over bathing suit and that small bonding moment from Betty and Amanda.

Annie Potts was pretty funny. When her scene started, it was kinda reminiscent of her scene from 'Pretty In Pink'
    When Daniel saw the flashback of Betty in her big shirt I almost cried. It was so touching and I felt so bad Betty had to go through that (even though she's a fictional TV character) haha.
    Wake up and be awesome

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;2750119;
    Anyone else getting a "you left me years ago, so I'm gonna make up a lie about being sick just so I can get some money from you and then disappear as payback" vibe from Christina's husband?'
    That's exactly what I was thinking, babs! I don't think Christina has gone with him for a checkup or anything so he could be making all this up... Also, if he was that sick, she could reach out to Betty to get Daniel to help him get an appointment with the best in the biz. And if she did this, they could find out for sure whether he was really sick or not... the fact that they're not doing this leads me to believe that the husband is going to scam her!

Although what'd Henry say about her insurance not covering his experimental treatments...did the doctor's bill get sent? Or was she just checking to see if they covered those procedures?
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-11-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2750317;
    Although what'd Henry say about her insurance not covering his experimental treatments...did the doctor's bill get sent? Or was she just checking to see if they covered those procedures?
    Lois, I believe Christina was just inquiring... but I could be wrong.

Another thing I enjoyed about the episode was Daniel and how 'giddy' he seemed for 'growing up', especially when he told Justin and the classmate to don't do drugs and stay in school.

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;2753030;
    Lois, I believe Christina was just inquiring... but I could be wrong.
    Ah, that'd make sense then that the hubby, once he gets the $100,000 from Christina, will take the money and run...leaving her behind pregnant with Wilhemina's baby!

I'm assuming Christina and her husband have resumed "relations" so it would be an interesting plot twist that if she does agree to be Wilhemina's surrogate, it turns out Christina is already pregnant with her husband's baby (but nobody, including Christina, knows it at the time of the procedure). Then when the baby is born and a paternity test is done (which I'm assuming Daniel and Alexis will demand) it will be revealed the baby is not Mr. Meade's after all. You heard it here first people

Archie, I love your theory! And I can see it totally working out exactly the way you stated!!!

Not to add too much reality to this thread but the probability of Willy being able to get pregnant using her own eggs at her age is highly unlikely! I was surprised when the doctor was saying she'd need a surrogate to carry the baby...what she really needs is donor eggs from a younger woman!

Archie, that really is a good theory!! I don't know much about those procedures but one would assume that in "real life" that a lady would have to have a pregnancy test done and in tip-top shape (I only say that because of all the prior scenes where Christina was drinking while partying)... but we all know that in the world of entertainment, anything is possible... like Henry opting to stay with Betty instead!!! Give the sandwich guy to Hilda!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2753159Not to add too much reality to this thread :lol but the probability of Willy being able to get pregnant using her own eggs at her age is highly unlikely! I was surprised when the doctor was saying she'd need a surrogate to [I
    carry[/I] the baby...what she really needs is donor eggs from a younger woman!

But didn't the doctor say she had a hostile womb? I believe he said her eggs were fine, but her womb wasn't. I know you are saying reality wise. I'm just making sure I heard correctly
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread