+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

TorontoSun.com - Television - It's an Ugly breakup ...

It's an Ugly breakup ...... Not really, but Alan Dale is leaving Betty
    By BILL HARRIS, TORONTO SUN

Alan Dale's run as Bradford Meade on Ugly Betty is coming to an end. But as the affable New Zealander put it, he has felt like a fish out of water anyway.

"Ugly Betty has changed, because originally it was to be a drama with humour, and in the end it has become an hour-long comedy," said Dale, 60.

"So I won't be with the show for very much longer, because my character doesn't do comedy, really."

There certainly was nothing funny for Bradford Meade at the end of last week's episode. Bradford had a heart attack and collapsed at the altar just before he was to marry the evil Wilhelmina, as played in comically bitchy fashion by the excellent Vanessa Williams.
    There's more at the link if you'd like to read!

Wow... interesting. I still *heart* U.B., even when it turned campy and silly, still fun to watch anyway!

Thanks for the link, canadian_angel!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo;2682052;
    Wow... interesting. I still *heart* U.B., even when it turned campy and silly, still fun to watch anyway!

Thanks for the link, canadian_angel!
    Still think the show is part drama, part comedy, love this show no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2678555;
    Could someone please give me a recap of what happened last Thursday? I'd appreciate it very much. Went out of town and should've taped it. Darn!
    Thanks!
    You can go to abc.com and watch it. That's what I did because I missed it too!

However, this is what I remember....
    Daniel and Alexis fired Wilhelmina when she showed up at Bradford's funeral so Wilhelmina set off a virus in the Mode computer system that wiped out everything shortly before their issue needed to go to the printer. Betty was being "haunted" by a memory of Bradford who wanted her to keep her promise to watch out for Daniel. She went to Mode and called in all the employees she could to help him recover the issue. Wilhemina showed up and got a bunch of Mode employees to go with her to start a new magazine called Slater. However, she was planning to get the start-up money from her father and he turned her down. There was a sub-story involving Betty's family and family traditions. In the end Betty agreed to go back to work at Mode.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2665087;
    I really liked Henry last season and I was rooting for them as a couple, but this season I just wish he would get out of the way and let Betty fall for the sandwich guy. I am sick of his "I love you, but I have to be with Charlie" bit - if you have to be with Charlie, then go be with her already!!
    Agreed. Ideally a couple should be in love when they create a baby. This obviously isn't the case. Yes, he should be financially responsible for his child, ut he doesn't have to marry his cheating girlfriend! Date Betty, pay child support and take it from there...

That said, I don't like the sandwich guy.

I wonder if anything will ever come of Wilhemina's proposal to the doctor doing the autopsy. Remember she mentioned he must have a lot of student loans. Either they dropped the story or something will come out of it. Maybe she poisioned him, which caused the heart attack but she thought it wouldn't take effect until after they were legally married. And now she's bribing the doctor to not include any toxicology in the results. I'm just wondering aloud, no insider info. I just want to know what that was all about since the show didn't mention it this past episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2695704;
    Agreed. Ideally a couple should be in love when they create a baby. This obviously isn't the case. Yes, he should be financially responsible for his child, ut he doesn't have to marry his cheating girlfriend! Date Betty, pay child support and take it from there...

I second that motion. I love Henry and really like them together but he has to make a choice. I think the sandwich guy needs to come back and make his feeling known and give Henry some competition, put a spark under his butt to make a decision!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2695704;

This scenario reminds me a little bit of Scrubs' storyline. Are these two men really the daddies? If they aren't, how will that affect their relationships? Actually, sounds a lot like daytime soaps!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I forgot about last night... but am wondering if it is new or repeats (due to writer's strike)? Please lemme know! Thanks!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

It was a repeat, as was "Grey's Anatomy." You didn't miss anything!

+ Reply to Thread