+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

I wanted to like this, gave it a chance, and....eh. I don't like it at all! I really don't understand the critical praise. Oh, well. Just not for me, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan View Post
    I wanted to like this, gave it a chance, and....eh. I don't like it at all! I really don't understand the critical praise. Oh, well. Just not for me, I guess!
    She's "ugly". So you are supposed to automatically love her! And find her adventures completely captivating. You mean you don't?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Reasons I like this show:

It seems new and fresh to me. New ideas are being incorporated into this show, or at least new ideas that I haven't seen. With filming, the script, etc. I haven't seen ANYTHING like this show before.

The way it's filmed is BEAUTIFUL and so artistic. Plus the colours are extremely vibrant and I love that.

The cast is so good.

I love fashion and I love modeling and I love magazines like Mode. I love how the show not only revolves around an ugly girl in a beautiful person's world, but I love how the show revolves around that world in general.

GOOD SHOW.

I think this is a fabulous show but it should have been called "Beautiful Betty" with her looking exactly the way she does. That would be the irony; that she is more beautiful on the inside in the midst of perfect models.

I like that she didn't mind supporting her boss and let him take the credit one time. And that he knows how valuable she really is to him. He may not "see" her as so ugly any more. He'll see the inner Betty!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Loves it...loves this show!
    Even more...I love America Ferrera.
    What a task it must have been to make her Ugly.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

This show is so over-the-top campy that I can't help but love it. Vanessa Williams is so great in this role! I think they should have made it the lead in show for Desperate Housewives on Sundays and it's audience would have been even bigger.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Add G. A. to that wish list.
    Can you imagine? An Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy lineup?
    "Oh yes it's ladies night, oh what a night"!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

cricket throw in a bowl of popcorn and some chocolate covered raisins and I'm pretty sure that we would have discovered the cure for PMS - or at the very least a way to keep society safe for 3 hours
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    cricket throw in a bowl of popcorn and some chocolate covered raisins and I'm pretty sure that we would have discovered the cure for PMS - or at the very least a way to keep society safe for 3 hours
    I'm swooning at the thought.
    Are those stupid ABC execs listening?!?!?
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    I'm in!

+ Reply to Thread