+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Petra was the model that Daniel slept with...she was suposedly 16 then turns out she wasent !

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar

Best Season Finale of any of the ABC shows.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;2384196;
    Rebecca Gayheart really freaked me out last night. What happened to her?!
    Well, the stress of killing a 9 year old boy probably has alot to do with it.
    (2001 vehicular manslaughter).

I know they made it look like the fiance' was killed but do we know that for sure. It sure appeared that's what happened, with the whole West Side Story context. I'm personally hoping he's just injured very badly!

I'd really like that too justCoz but if you were told that your fiance was shot you'd be on your way to the hospital- not crumpling to the floor where you stood (like you'd be likely to do if you were told your fiance was shot and killed)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So sorry about the "Petra" name switch. I'm glad I left my facial recognition imprinted on my post so LoisLane could pick it up and correct it to Christina. LOL

About Amanda. Being that she is Faye's daughter, immediately I jumped to the Mead fathering connection, but, now I'm not so sure. Daniel's mother once told him he was just like his father - maybe they will do a "mirror" of Faye/Bradford and Amanda/Daniel. Only neither Amanda nor Daniel measure up to the personalities or chemistry of Faye and Bradford.

I have a feeling that Daniel survives and Alexis dies in the car crash. It will be their mother who discovers them on that lonely road as she runs from the law (will the law win?)

Justin's storyline has already begun the turn from the boy who adores fashion to angry bully. Besides his father's horrible death and a mother who won't be able to cope, he got the lead in the school musical through disabling the boy who had the lead. He purposefully fed him an allergan to take him down and out. Justin will not be a sweet kid next year. He needs his grandfather, and he needs him now!

I normally do not like soaps, but because of the comedic values threaded throughout (helped by the music score) this one I like.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I too was disappointed in the nut allergy aspect of Justin's storyline. I know the show is fiction, but allergies to nuts can be deadly, and are certainly no laughing matter, and for him to sabotage another child like that disturbs me. The way they did it was reckless as I'm sure Ugly Betty has many younger viewers who may not realize just how dangerous that kind of allergy can be.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Arielflies you could write a serial! Interesting views of plotlines, there.

Really good point, ACF. I remember thinking/feeling it was wrong at the time, but got caught up in everything else going on and forgot about it.

Most of the other characters' actions, while "out there", are basically believable. This didn't seem so. Though it might have if we had seen more "warning signs" of Justin's inner struggles. He always seemed remarkably well-adjusted.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But he really, really wanted that part, and was willing to do anything to get it. Shame on him! Somebody needs to make him aware that he could have killed that child! :nono
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread