+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

OMG....now that was an ending to a great season.

I couldn't help but sob when Betty was telling Hilda about the fiance. And the way the writers wrote it around West Side Story was amazing. Justin is going to be heart broken. He just got his father to approve of him and now he is gone. So Sad. Justin was absolutely amazing in the play. He is a fine singer and great actor. I see a bright future for him when this show is over.

I knew that little b**ch Charlie was going to pull the I'm pregnant card. How could Henry just pick up and leave his job??? I really hope that Betty is able to get in touch with him and tell him about her slutty little affair.

Amanda and Daniel EWWWW is all I have to say. I really hope they don't go down the incest path. That's just nasty.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2401492;
    OMG....now that was an ending to a great season.

I couldn't help but sob when Betty was telling Hilda about the fiance. And the way the writers wrote it around West Side Story was amazing. Justin is going to be heart broken. He just got his father to approve of him and now he is gone. So Sad. Justin was absolutely amazing in the play. He is a fine singer and great actor. I see a bright future for him when this show is over.

I see Justin coming back next season as a tough guy (more like his dad).
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I finally watched the episode and I agree with everyone's comments. It was the great campy, soapy finale. Lots of secrets, lots of fun, lots of serious moments, and everything else sprinkled in.

I'm quite excited to see what happens next. I didn't even connect that Amanda and Daniel could be siblings. Great observation.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I liked seeing La Bella Mas Fea on the show. I wish there could have been some more potentially happy cliff-hangers. It was a good show, but the end was a little depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2400938;
    How in the WORLD could they leave us without a single happy ending! I'm flabbergasted. The only one with any hope is Ignacio and he can't get out of Mexico. Darn it!!! She has to get hold of Henry - I'm so bummed. And Hilda finding love - I'm double bummed. They've even opened a door for Petra's abusive husband to track her down. And Daniel and Alexis...did either or both survive? They gave us THIS to hold onto during the summer break? ARGHHH!!!
    I thought it was a great season finale, but I was so sad that they killed off Hilda's fiance/Justin's father (I've gone blank on his name). It was especially touching that Hilda seemed to have an emotional reaction/premonition, when he was getting shot, that went beyond reacting to the play.

Who is Petra?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2403004;
    Who is Petra?
    I think she meant the Scottish seamstress/designer lady at Mode who's friends with Betty...I can't for the life of me remember her name, but I remember her telling Amanda about her abusive husband and how she ran away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2403543;
    I think she meant the Scottish seamstress/designer lady at Mode who's friends with Betty...I can't for the life of me remember her name, but I remember her telling Amanda about her abusive husband and how she ran away from him.
    Thanks, Lois Lane.

Yeah, I was worried for Christine when she said the guy's name to Amanda.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

lei
    FORT Fogey

OH yeah there's Christine's plot, too!

I was thinking maybe it was Betty's mom's ex that was being referred to, but he's dead (via Betty's dad) though that Antonio guy now knows he's there.

It really is a soap, with comedy. Just brilliant.

More. Now. Please.
    Last edited by lei; 05-19-2007 at 02:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm totally impressed that someone was able to interpret "Petra" into "Christina"!
    I had completely forgotten about Christina's abusive husband storyline.

By the way, Hilda's fiance was named "Santos".
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-19-2007 at 07:47 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2405055;
    By the way, Hilda's fiance was named "Santos".
    I keep thinking about how he had just taught Justin to lick his fingers to snap better

+ Reply to Thread