+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

I wish they had gotten The Chin (Lucy Liu) to take the case and represent Betty's dad. Granted, it may not be high profile enough for her, but doesn't it involve murder! (Didn't the dad kill someone who was abusing Betty's mom?)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2097599;
    I think this is a fabulous show but it should have been called "Beautiful Betty" with her looking exactly the way she does. That would be the irony
    I'm reading back through this thread (I know, I should do that before posting) and just wanted to say to this! Strange such a divine show would be named the wrong thing.

(sorry off-topic - misskitty i have the book where your avatar came from, love it!)

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins;2104365;
    I needed to find a current photo of America, so that I could remember how pretty she really is.
    Wow, she really is a beauty, inside and out.

The Ugly Duckling is a story about a baby fowl feeling ugly next to it's siblings, baby ducks. However, as we find out later, the 'duckling' turns into a beautiful SWAN. The story wouldn't have the same feel if it was called The Beautiful Swan.
    Great point, you made me rethink this. Ain't forums cool?

I always loved Hans Christian Andersen.

Don't most femals feel 'ugly' in some respects?....

The fact that Betty has received so much unconditional love from her family and also is secure, is the ONLY reason why she can stand the chronic abuse of MODE....
    These are some of the finer aspects of the show. I love it when something makes me feel deeply, and laugh out loud, at the same time.

lei
    FORT Fogey

More stuff about characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2109882;
    I also don't much care for the nephews character portrayal. His age seems a little young to me to be quite so fixated on the fashion world to the extent it is.....a diservice to those in the real world confronting simultaneously their perceived differentness from many if not most of their peers in addition to the manner in which others relate to them.
    He may be exaggerated but not, imo, more than most of the other characters. I have a dear friend (who grew up just one block from Betty's house!) who totally relates to him, and says he felt like him as a child, but wasn't supported the way our young hero is. Like Betty, her nephew can be himself because of the love in his family. Nice that he is now accepted by his dad as well.

In any case he is an amazing young actor.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;2119085;
    Walter needs to go away, is what Walter needs to do. Henry the Super Accountant had loads if chemistry with Betty, where Walter is more like a wet rag. Their kiss at the end left me stone cold.
    OH yes. Haha. I knew a guy just like Walter, too! (He lived one neighborhood away from Betty.) Poor dear
    Last edited by lei; 05-09-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: clarification.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I'm only halfway through this thread but just a bit more before I rest my eyes:

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2142127;
    Wilhemina, Mark and Amanda ROCK. I love those crazy kids.
    They are SO much fun to watch!!! I love that we've seen their wounds in a sensitive way, but oh man do their comedic sides crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2145655;
    Forgot to mention this last week: to the addition of Judith Light!
    I love her and am so happy to see her in this intense role. She's an excellent actress

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2156598;
    Did anyone else think that the whole celeb Tim/Chloe and baby Chutney was a thinly veiled reference to Tom/Katie/Suri?
    "Baby Chutney" was hilarious. I think it was a play on a few celeb baby names but it's most fun to make fun of Tom

Goodnight pajama party! You're a fun bunch to watch with
    Last edited by lei; 05-09-2007 at 02:21 AM. Reason: doh!

From tvguide.com
    Scoop on Gilmore Girls, Lost, Veronica Mars, Grey's Anatomy and More - Ask Ausiello | TVGuide.com

Question: Got anything on Ugly Betty? Craig
    Ausiello: Only that it might be headed to Sundays at 8 pm next fall. Watch my new vodcast for more!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

oh NO. It better NOT be up against TAR. Ugh. I hate when they do that.

Great episode this week. I love the symbolism in the man on the motorcycle that she thought was Henry guiding her toward things. I hope Ignacio's okay!

Did you see the previews with Claire and other inmates holding a gun to someone??

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2384025;
    Great episode this week.....I hope Ignacio's okay!....Did you see the previews....
    It was great, as usual

And the season finale looks like it will be very exciting!!!

I hope Ignacio is okay too. Though they take on very serious issues, I'd like to think they wouldn't turn the plot too sad.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

That was a great episode last night. I really hope that Ignacio will be okay. I loved the fact that Betty thought the guy on the bike was Henry which led her right to her grandmother.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rebecca Gayheart really freaked me out last night. What happened to her?!

+ Reply to Thread