+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

I read that same article; it was interesting and I'm with you, Dogbat. Putting the sniping and rude comments to her aside, it's hard to believe that in that particular industry, no one (Daniel, the Scottish woman?) has taken her by the hand and said, "Look, like it or not, you represent this company and you need to make an attempt to fit in". Then taken her shopping to help find affordable clothing appropriate for the postition. Of course anything short of couture would not be good enough to shut up some of the nastier people, but she could still look professional. As for it affecting the title of the show - in that world, just looking ordinary would still qualify as "ugly".
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Re: Ugly Betty: Thursday on ABC

Ugly Betty, where are you??? I'm having UB withdrawl... i feel cold, oh so cold...
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

FORT Fanatic

And that was...? BORING!! I tried watching tonight's episode but was so bored I ended up fast forwarding through most of it. So not worth the air time. Why bother saying it's a new episode when it's just a recap of the season!?!?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I hate clip shows! I saw that it was going to be a clip show and didn't bother tuning in. Same with "Grey's Anatomy." What a rip off!

Is Ugly Betty on tonight? I know it's supposed to be, but everything I check locally says that it's an "Education Town Hall Meeting". Is this everywhere?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think you have a local problem. I'm on satellite in the States, and it is a new episode. When something like that happens here, I can usually find the missed episode running on Saturday. Call your station and demand info!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's the American feed of ABC. We get Detroit's feed (WXYZ). I am mad about that now because we don't get Ugly Betty on any of the Canadian channels I have. Darn!

Okay for the first time since this show started, I am so angry with Daniel! What he did to Betty tonight was so harsh. He had no right taking out his frustrations on her when all she was trying to do was protect his reputation. Did anyone else recognize "Quincy Combs" as the beady little guy who was always killing people on Boston Legal last season? (The one who killed his neighbor and someone else and always ran to Alan Shore for help) Anyway. I actually found myself liking the bad guys (Wilamena, Amanda, Mark and Alexis) and hating Daniel tonight. And wow, I totally didn't see the pscyho fired social worker thing coming with what's her face. That actress looks so familiar to me. Can someone help me out?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2340499;
    I totally didn't see the pscyho fired social worker thing coming with what's her face. That actress looks so familiar to me. Can someone help me out?
    Her name is Octavia Spencer. She's currently on Comedy Central's series "Halfway Home." She's pretty hilarious! She was also in a bunch of other things like "NYPD Blue," "Roswell, "Coach Carter" etc.

I didn't like tonight's episode. I thought it was boring. Daniel being a jerk is boring. Betty being his lapdog is boring. The slutty mother-daughter model team was boring. I LOVED Amanda--that actress is so cute and good at being conniving!

I think Henry comes back next week. Yay!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2340718;
    Daniel being a jerk is boring. Betty being his lapdog is boring.
    And repetitive Okay, we get it. Betty feels it's her job to be the Jiminy Cricket to his Pinocchio. Fully established, now let's move on...

When Daniel was whining about how Alexis took over I so wanted Betty to shout at him "You laid down and HANDED it over, now grow some, be a man and take it back".

And good for Betty for not taking his call at the end. If she stops acting like a doormat maybe he'll start mopping up some of his own messes (or at least think twice about creating one).

+ Reply to Thread