+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I've loved Judith Light on everything she's done---just caught the tail end of her soap opera days, loved her with Tony Danza in Who's the Boss, and now even in a "mom" role she's fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2285427;
    I've loved Judith Light on everything she's done---just caught the tail end of her soap opera days, loved her with Tony Danza in Who's the Boss, and now even in a "mom" role she's fabulous.
    And she's clearly an amazing actress, since each of those roles called for a very different character.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Her soap opera role called for her to cry on cue almost every day for weeks. Buckets. Mascara running down the face crying.
    That was impressive.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

judith is awesome. makes me want to get who's the boss on dvd. if they even have it!

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2284307;
    Your first reaction was right. Claire was on fire last night with her lines.

Judith Light was spectacular, yet again. Hope she gets more airtime in the future, although I doubt it with her in jail.

Favorite lines:
    On seeing her hotel room -- "It doesn't even have a park view...I might as well be tied to a chair having my ear sliced off."

On seeing Betty's house -- "What a cute little house..I can put it right in my pocket".

On hearing Betty's blueberry pie teeth stain conversation with the ortho -- "WOW...you really can't bottle this kind of chemistry".

When playing the movie quote game with the ortho -- "I've killed once, i'll kill again" (my favorite of the night)

"Ms.Meade, what do you take in your coffee?" -- Betty's Dad
    "Vodka and Ice, hold the coffee"

And the confrontation with Ignacio's case worker was priceless!! "We certainly don't have the same hairdresser".

I hate that storyline too, but that scene tonight made it almost worthwhile. That actress was very funny in this episode as well. The look she gave Betty's sister after she mentioned Ignacio's other ladies, she spun her head around so fast and evil...I rewound it three times. All classic stuff.
    I love the writers for this show, the "walking" music, the freeze-frame poses at script intersections and the acting! Judith Light, I agree, is a marvel as Claire...loved her lines as quoted above. The Chin is hysterical! Yes, the Orthodontist was on The Class, but it has ended for the year. His look as he closed the door was wistful - maybe that left an opening for his return. But, like everyone, I see the chemistry with Henry. Now if she could just get rid of the girlfriend, without killing her as Claire did her love rival, all would be right for one episode, but then "drama" would have to ensue. Chris Gorham is adorable as Henry. I do have a question, though...he walks so stiff-backed - is that necessary to show he's a geek? Even on Jake 2.0 he had more glide in his stride.

Two shows make my rave list this year:

Ugly Betty
    How I Met Your Mother

Can't wait to see how the writers pull off the sort-of closeted episode next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2286140;
    I do have a question, though...he walks so stiff-backed - is that necessary to show he's a geek? Even on Jake 2.0 he had more glide in his stride.
    I was thinking the same thing! He walks like C3PO (or whatever that robot/droid/whatever was called in "Star Wars"), all stiff jointed and odd. Even so, he's so freaking cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2286437;
    I was thinking the same thing! He walks like C3PO (or whatever that robot/droid/whatever was called in "Star Wars"), all stiff jointed and odd. Even so, he's so freaking cute!
    Maybe it's a "nervous tick" when he's around Betty?? Remember how "fidgety" you'd get around your cruch in middle/high school? At least, that's how I see it.

I was never a Judith Light fan (but loved Who's the Boss) and was discouraged when I found out she'd be playing Daniel's mom, but I AM SO WRONG!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;2286478;
    Maybe it's a "nervous tick" when he's around Betty?? Remember how "fidgety" you'd get around your cruch in middle/high school? At least, that's how I see it.

I was never a Judith Light fan (but loved Who's the Boss) and was discouraged when I found out she'd be playing Daniel's mom, but I AM SO WRONG!!!
    That's what I like---someone who can admit when she's wrong--how rare is that these days? And to be fair, the lines were great as well---but her delivery really made them...the look on her face!
    She's also done stage work and gotten raves for that, but haven't seen any of it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I was so disappointed that Daniel went back to his ways. I personally thought he was doing a great job with the magazine. I really hope that Bradford doesn't fall for the skank Whilamena

It was so cute that Henry knew all the answers to the questions Betty and Mark were going over.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I was hoping that since Claire knew Wilhemina was gunning for the top gun job, she would have her fired or "taken care of." I will say, Vanessa Williams looked absolutely stunning when she was seducing Bradford at the end of the show.

Henry--always glad to see him.

Patti Lupone as Mark's mother--always enjoy her, but I'm used to seeing her in more sympathetic roles. I was so sad that she turned her back on him 'cause he's gay. And how could she not have known? Is she blind as well as prejudiced?

+ Reply to Thread