+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 94 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Genius!!! I am sooo in on this plot!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;2209087;
    No, I'm pretty sure Wil has never mentioned Not!Fey by name. And, Bradford himself said that Fey was dead way back in November.

I loved this episode, and I don't mind the Alex/is plot. Betty is pretty much a soap; at least I've always viewed it as one. But I do want to know what in crackers Alex's motivations could be for this faking of the death, the changing of the sex, the taking over of the company. They've all been talking about him as the golden boy; I wonder what info we're missing.

Also, so much awww for the Daniel and Betty karaoke bonding, stay-out-late watching the city fiesta. They are so cute together, all caring about each other and stuff. And how wonderful that Daniel is rooting for Henry!
    About Fey's death. Why was Bradford hiring detectives to find out what happened to her body? They even went to the crypt, but I don't remember if they opened it. Creepy music always played when that storyline wove itself in...then the music box showing up...how would Alex(is) have found it and make it seem that Fey is still alive? Okay, I'm talking myself into beginning to see the outline of Alex(is') return from the grave. The whole "is Fey alive and plotting" scenario was to grab his father's attention and sqeeze his heart - perhaps into seizure. But, the bandages can come off and the Sofia distraction has played itself out leaving Daniel weak and vulnerable, and Wilhelmina's been re-toughened sans her cowboy, so striking time is now.

Another direction - I'm horrible remembering names - but what about the sister trying to find herself after she loses her job and the fact that her nephew heard the "what if he hadn't been born" statement. With his sensitivity, he may run off which would create more stress for this already stressed to the max family.

I'm glad Betty and Daniel strengthened their bond - it will be severly tested over the next few weeks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I was watching an old Betty tape, and "she who we now know as Alexis" says something like, I think it's about time for Fey to reappear, or resurface or something. I can see why we would take that as confirmation that the bandaged person is Fey, but could also refer to Alexis driving her/his father nuts by making him think Fey survived by dropping hints like the music box. So I think scenes like that are what made us feel so sure the bandaged woman was Fey. Well, that and who could have forseen THIS plot twist!
    And yes, I felt so sorry for Betty's nephew. I hope he also heard how much his mom loves him, but knowing kids it's the other part he will focus on.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I love this over-the-top plot twist! I also love the fact that we're going to be seeing more of Henry! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

(Did I just say that out loud?!)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    OK, maybe I am imagining things, but I seem to have a memory of Wilhelmina talking to "Fey", and her being called by that name, super early in this show. But maybe this was a code name for "Alex/Alexis"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It will be really interesting to see how it all unravels because I could have sworn as well that Wilhelmina referred to her as Fey in the beginning. I thought the whole purpose of Bradford hiring that guy was to ensure she really was dead and that her accident wasn't just an illusion. So I'm not sure how all of a sudden they had a guy named "Steve" find all this evidence against Bradford (all the while he was looking for proof Fey wasn't still alive ). Hopefully it unravels better and doesn't leave us feeling like they scrambled the plot.

I LOVE Amanda. When she was calling to cancel Daniel's date with Giselle, she was sssooooo cute!!! She can be a bitch, but I can never hate her.

I like Amanda too and happy she got her position back. I love Daniel and Betty cute little moment on the bridge.

I really hope they never do a Betty / Daniel pair-up. I think it would ruin the dynamic of the show. Not every ugly duckling who turns into a swan (as I'm assuming Betty will do one of these days) gets the guy. I really like their relationship as just friends and anything more would ruin it. I would however like to see Betty with Henry for sure!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I was reading on KristinE!Online and she said that the reason Alexis is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    now Alexis and faked her/his death was because of the backstory s/he'll have. As Alex he apparantly told Bradford he wanted to have the operation to change and Bradford alluded to the fact that he would rather see his son dead than as a woman. Thus Alex faked his death, became Alexis and is now going to exact her revenge.

+ Reply to Thread