+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 94 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

No, I'm pretty sure Wil has never mentioned Not!Fey by name. And, Bradford himself said that Fey was dead way back in November.

I loved this episode, and I don't mind the Alex/is plot. Betty is pretty much a soap; at least I've always viewed it as one. But I do want to know what in crackers Alex's motivations could be for this faking of the death, the changing of the sex, the taking over of the company. They've all been talking about him as the golden boy; I wonder what info we're missing.

Also, so much awww for the Daniel and Betty karaoke bonding, stay-out-late watching the city fiesta. They are so cute together, all caring about each other and stuff. And how wonderful that Daniel is rooting for Henry!

That was too weird last night...don't you think that Alex could have come up with a more effective way of getting vengeance against his father than undergoing a sex change operation? It does sound like a recycled Days of Our Lives plot where one actress is in an accident and after the bandages come off, voila, different actor, er actress.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Strange plot line, but did you see her next to Vanessa Williams? I had no idea she is so Amazon-like. To me it's funny to see her cast as a former man, but build-wise, she fits.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

cricketeen... and I had the opposite reaction. I had no idea Vanessa Williams was that short! Rebecca is only 5'11, and I just looked up Vanessa's height and she's 5'6. She sure didn't look like it last night!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I wonder if she had her shoes off for that shot
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    This is really a strange plot. I wonder what the idea is with having Alex fake his death, have a sex change and then want to take over his father's company.

Daniel and Betty's long night was great. It goes to show that he really does care about Betty as a friend.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well, if it doesn't work out with Henry we can predict that in the last episode Betty's braces come off and the scales fall from Daniel's eyes.....and
    How is she affording those braces anyway? And if this show runs 7 years will the orthodontists of America rise up and protest that NO one wears braces for 7 years today, and practically no one wears such um, ugly, ones?

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2209318;
    This is really a strange plot. I wonder what the idea is with having Alex fake his death, have a sex change and then want to take over his father's company.

Daniel and Betty's long night was great. It goes to show that he really does care about Betty as a friend.
    In the episode before Thursday's, his mother mentioned that Alex dressed Daniel in her clothes as a kid. Maybe he had gender identity issues growing up. His father definitely wouldn't have approved of that. Also, being the favorite probably put a lot of weight on Alex's shoulders too - everyone probably expected much more from him than they did Daniel, and he may resent him (his father and/or Daniel; I can see it go either way) for that.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I just watched the episode online. I can't wait to see what happens next!

I agree with haejin, Alex may have always felt he was trapped in the wrong body. And for all we know, there could be a backstory where Alex told Bradford (the father) how he felt, perhaps even asking for the money to have the operation, and maybe the father reacted very badly. Bradford probably never felt the need to tell anyone because Alex died and he didn't want anyone to know what Alex told him. Now "Alexis" is out for revenge. Makes perfect sense to me

Oh, and as for the funding of the operation...maybe the mother has been funding it. She would be happy to get revenge on Bradford as well for the whole Fey affair, as well as all the other affairs Bradford has had. I can totally see her having a part in this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    ACF and haejin, what you guys are saying makes total sense now that I think of it. Bradford is a ladies man and wouldn't want either of his son's to be like that. And like you said ACF, I can totally see the mother wanting revenge on him for his affairs. Can't wait for next week
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread