+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 94 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2203003;
    Why did Wilheimina's boyfriend leave? I missed that part...
    He went back to reconcile with is wife.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2202953;
    I didn't get to see who did the beatdown.
    That was Amanda clobbering Sofia in the elevator in one of the most awesome moments of awesomeness I've seen in a while.

I'm so glad the Sofia story is over. Snoozeville, right up until that heart-wrenching ending. Loved Betty telling her off too, although I think she could've worked a slap in there somewhere. And now Daniel has a real reason to work his cute little butt off on Mode and run MYW into the ground.

So, how is Betty going to get her job back?

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2202563;
    I don't know...but the actress who plays Amanda looks like the one who played the hostess/waitress in the commercials that aired during the show...I think it was for Olive Garden or something!
    My 9-year-old daughter, who was watching with me, pointed that out. "Hey, that's Amanda," she said. I had to rerun the commercial, and then point it out to my hubby, who agreed.

Do you think that was planned??

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    If anyone (besides me) can't get enough of Henry (Christopher Gorham) the SciFi channel is running his Jake 2.0 series on Friday evenings.

Did anyone find this past UB to be forced or rushed in some way. They tied up storylines and started new ones awfully fast. Also, give me a break with the INS Social worker/agent - just a little over the top with the passive-agressive?

But, yes - Amanda clobbering Sofia was very satisfying. The tip off to the destruction of Daniel was when his Mother said that there was something about Sofia she didn't trust - see they forced the ending right there. Also the start of the flashback when Betty was forcibly removed from the studio. They used the flashback technique beautifully last week with the Gucchi bag, but this week I didn't buy it.

Aside from the INS slide into sleaze story, I'm looking forward to Betty returning to MODE and getting Daniel back on track...if he ever returns from his broken hearted sulk.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Good eye to those who recognized Amanda in her dual role! I sure didn't notice it.

There's also some more Ugly Betty scoop at the link below.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co...o/default.aspx

Question: Did Becki Newton play two roles on last week's Ugly Betty — her regular role as Amanda, and also Ugly Ruthie?— Bobby

Ausiello: She sure did. At ABC's press-tour party, Becks admitted to me that she was "a little nervous" about tackling a second role. "I was like, 'Should I do this?' And then I was like, 'Yes, I have to.' Sadly enough, I didn't have to go through much hair and makeup to be Ruthie. Amanda takes a while... Ruthie? Not so much. But I think Ruthie's hot." And she's not the only one. Betty creator Silvio Horta strongly hinted that we may not have seen the last of Ruthie. "You know, I had no intention of bringing her back. But then seeing her and seeing how people have reacted to her, there might be a place for her. I don't know at this point. But I would love to bring her back. I would love to see her and Amanda in one scene. What happens if they interact? It could be fun."
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Thanks for that post ArchieComicFan. I think it would be fun to see Amanda react to Ruthie - would she recognize "herself" even a little bit?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by CelineCarey;2202794;
    This episode was just bizarre and unrealistic on so many levels.
    Since this show is based on a telenovela I tend to look at it like I would an American soap opera. It doesn't necessarily have to be realistic!

I Is Stephanie
    That episode was just too weird. I'll spoiler it for those of you who haven't seen it yet...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Alexis? It all just doesn't fit together, I mean, we were all led to believe that it's Fey, and it's Daniel's 'dead' brother (sister)? WTH is up with that?
    I don't know, this show really IS starting to sound like a soap, and it really is less believable now.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I just don't understand we were led to believe not so subtly that it was Fey and not someone else. Then all of a sudden it's Alexis? That's not just viewers not following along, that's throwing a curve ball. I'm really not sure what I think about that at all.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Wilhelmina called this mystery, bandaged person "Fey" in previous episodes? And now it's "Alex", and then "Alexis". Wasn't "Fey" involved with Daniel's father? OK, this is quite a mess. Sounds like somebody is looking to take dad through hell in gasoline drawers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread