+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

I was surprised by Sofia's game, which sort of sounded like "How to Get A Guy in10 Days" or whatever. Should have known it wasn't going to be straight up..that there was going to be twist to the whole relationship thing....how does Betty know that she's getting back into Mode
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I didn't like this episode very much:

Why have a Betty "look-a-like" at the other magazine? Too hokey (and yes, I too thought that was Amanda "Bettified."

The V. Williams character softens up for a man but not for her own kid? Me no likey!

The Selma H. character manipulates a man to "fall in love" with her and then dumps him on national TV and this is considered good press? Who would respect her or take her seriously in the business after that? And of all the men available she chooses her bosses son? Even having dinner with the family?

And what the heck was up with the looney-tune case worker?

The Fey character has been a older woman with a husky voice and now will emerge as a younger woman with a higher pitched voice?

This episode was just bizarre and unrealistic on so many levels.

Of course the Mark character was hilarious as usual and Amanda giving "Selma" a beat down in the elevator was hilarious as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2202563;
    I don't know...but the actress who plays Amanda looks like the one who played the hostess/waitress in the commercials that aired during the show...I think it was for Olive Garden or something!
    I thought the same thing - she wasn't made up like Amanda, but it did look like her.

The case worker thing was creepy - are they going to make her a stalker?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I knew Sofia was going to do that. I just had this feeling. Like someone else already said, it doesn't make for a better press. It makes her look like a jerk.

I thought that Ruthie was Amanda too, but wasn't she a bit too short?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I watched it, but now I'm looking forward to watching the encore. I didn't get to see who did the beatdown. I dearly adore this show!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought that Ruthie was Amanda too, but wasn't she a bit too short?[/QUOTE]

I thought so too, but then Amanda probably wears 3-4 inch heels while Ruthie probably wears sensible/comfortable flats, so both characters could still be played by the same actress.

Loved this episode, bye-bye Sophia.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelineCarey;2202794;
    I didn't like this episode very much:

Why have a Betty "look-a-like" at the other magazine? Too hokey (and yes, I too thought that was Amanda "Bettified."

The V. Williams character softens up for a man but not for her own kid? Me no likey!

The Selma H. character manipulates a man to "fall in love" with her and then dumps him on national TV and this is considered good press? Who would respect her or take her seriously in the business after that? And of all the men available she chooses her bosses son? Even having dinner with the family?

And what the heck was up with the looney-tune case worker?

The Fey character has been a older woman with a husky voice and now will emerge as a younger woman with a higher pitched voice?

This episode was just bizarre and unrealistic on so many levels.

Of course the Mark character was hilarious as usual and Amanda giving "Selma" a beat down in the elevator was hilarious as well!
    I agree, but I loved the scream at the armadillo!
    The rest of the episode really didn't seem to fit with anything else in the show. Wilhimena's (sp?) boyfriend left. The "How to Lose a Guy" copy that someone else mentioned, the mean case worker and Fey's news voice.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Why did Wilheimina's boyfriend leave? I missed that part...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Maybe Fey had plastic surgery on her voice as well....

+ Reply to Thread