+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

I'm in I thought it was very good. My DVR was burning up last night. It was a logistical nightmare last night.
    Last edited by speedbump; 09-29-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    This is the one show I was waiting for all year. I'd heard great things about it and wasn't disappointed. America Ferrera is wonderful--she's only 22 and pretty amazing. Oddly enough, the oddsmakers are saying this show's a longshot to make it to a second season. I hope that's not true. I thought all of the actors were spot on--right down to the little boy who plays her fashion-obsessed nephew.

America and Salyma were on the View yesterday and both of them looked drop dead gorgeous. America is a lot slimmer in real life than as "Betty."

I tuned in with reservations, not sure if I wanted my 12 yr. old son watching an unattractive girl being treated poorly because of her appearance. I worried for nothing! This show has a lot of heart - though I could do without the underwear shots. About halfway through, he turned to me and said "Betty isn't ugly, she just needs different glasses" (did I mention that I love that kid?). America F. does a magnificent job and I agree with all you guys - the show is a keeper.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I too enjoyed it. The fashion shoot part was so humilating, I felt so bad for her. It was sad. I got a tear.

It was sweet he wasn't a jerk and was willing to give her credit.

The preview was for next week. Oh no! She gets into trouble again.

I am a little confused though (I got distracted) who is the one chick who steals the book from her? Is that her sister?

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    I am a little confused though (I got distracted) who is the one chick who steals the book from her? Is that her sister?
    I think it's the woman who lives two doors down from her--the one who stole her fugly boyfriend so she could get a discount on a plasma TV (I call him fugly not so much for his looks but because he dumped Betty and I don't like him). The preview went by really fast but I somehow think she's involved...I doubt Betty's sister would do that to her. Her family seems to really love her.

And cricketeen, your little boy is an angel! AND he has good fashion sense! How many 12 year old boys would figure that out?

I also really like Betty's friend at the magazine--the woman with the British accent who runs "The Closet."

Can't wait till next week's show! I have to admit I watched too much TV last night... Watched Betty, the Grey's, then SIX Degrees...

I can't believe that I didn't notice it was on last night *kicking myself thoroughly* as it was the one new show I was really looking forward to. Does anyone know if there will be a recast? Not likely, but one can hope.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I can't believe that I didn't notice it was on last night *kicking myself thoroughly* as it was the one new show I was really looking forward to. Does anyone know if there will be a recast? Not likely, but one can hope.
    Last night they said you could catch the show at abc.com. So go online and see if you can see it! I think they should have it up for a week, or at least a few days! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I think it's the woman who lives two doors down from her--the one who stole her fugly boyfriend so she could get a discount on a plasma TV (I call him fugly not so much for his looks but because he dumped Betty and I don't like him). The preview went by really fast but I somehow think she's involved...I doubt Betty's sister would do that to her. Her family seems to really love her.
    I remember seeing her two doors down but I didn't catch what she did. Thanks for that. And don't we all watch too much TV, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Last night they said you could catch the show at abc.com. So go online and see if you can see it! I think they should have it up for a week, or at least a few days! Good luck!
    Thanks, Lois. I just went to the ABC site and see that it's available. With any luck my home computer won't choose this evening to implode on me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This is one of those shows where I'll wait until summer and just watch the whole season in a couple of sittings. Glad to hear good things about it!

+ Reply to Thread