+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

I think Betty rocks. I just wish She knew she rocked. Dump Walter.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Just read in the paper that the cute accountant has been signed for more shows...amazing, the people spoke and TPTB listened!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2165092;
    Just read in the paper that the cute accountant has been signed for more shows...amazing, the people spoke and TPTB listened!
    Woo HOO!
    BTW just watched the episode and here are my fav moments:

-The reference to the Devil Wears Prada, when Amanda and Mark are talking, and Amanda asks Mark "Who to you think would be perfect for Betty's job, and Mark goes "Anne Hathaway!"
    -When the Scottish lady is drunk and coming onto Snata, and she says "...and for Christmas, I wish for Amanda to get a BRRRRRAIN." I love that woman.
    -Mark and his puffer are priceless. But every scene that Mark is in rocks.
    -Betty's dream was JOKES. When are she and Henry going to hook up already?!!?
    -When Amanda says to Daniel that they will be professionals. It made me laugh, but in a good way - I was happy for Amanda, even if she is a bitch.
    -When Betty grabs the condoms...again, PRICELESS.

I have a problem though...Ugly Betty is not Ugly Betty if Betty is not working at Mode...so I'm pretty sure this Sophia Magazine job thingy isn't going to work out.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

I agree something has to go wrong, or fall through, or she changes her mind. She cannot work elsewhere, it just wouldn't fit with the story we've come to know (and love). Betty has to be Daniel's moral compas. No one else will be or can be yet. I'm sure with time, we'll see more humanness, but the characters can't lose what makes them unique.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2164806;
    I think Betty rocks. I just wish She knew she rocked. Dump Walter.
    Here Here!

Yes that guy where Betty goes beep beep for but denying her feelings for I would definately throw caution to the wind and go for it!....
    QUESTION! is this the wrap up of SEASON 1 already!?!?!
    I did not see a coming next week preview

And whats up with the father who sorta got arrested but got off and whats the 411 on the shady lawyer that was played by Debi Mazar?!?!?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2;2166322;
    Here Here!

Yes that guy where Betty goes beep beep for but denying her feelings for I would definately throw caution to the wind and go for it!....
    QUESTION! is this the wrap up of SEASON 1 already!?!?!
    I did not see a coming next week preview

And whats up with the father who sorta got arrested but got off and whats the 411 on the shady lawyer that was played by Debi Mazar?!?!?
    No, it isn't the end of the season yet. Most of the shows are starting to show repeats this month. I assume it is because of the holiday and people not watching as much tv during this time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2163186;
    I hope she dumps the loser and dates Henry the Super Accountant. Boy, he looked super cute tonight.
    He reminds me of Ashton Kutcher.
    For what it's worth, here is how I see the "Hilda problem": I think Hilda sees Walter as safe. Her ex was such a creep and I am sure she forgave him many sins before they split up. She can forgive Walter for cheating on Betty (though it is not her place to) because she believes Walter adores her sister and after what she (Hilda) went through, that's good enough for her.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I don't see Hilda as being manipulative either. I think she cares about Betty and is very supportive of her but she also doesn't want to lose Betty to the city life altogether. I'm sure Betty will eventually find out about the phone message and Hilda will have to explain herself. I think her heart is in the right place. But I agree with ya'll, dump Walter and go for Henry

I doubt Betty will leave Daniel after all so I wonder how they're going to resolve the job offer storyline.

I was thinking that if he is engaged to her new boss they would still interact and it would give the show a greater variety of story lines. Her rescuing him from himself only goes so far before becoming stale.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

That could be an interesting way of handling that but since
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Selma's role was only temporary, I don't think he'll be engaged. At least not to her character.
    It will be interesting to see where they go with this regardless.

+ Reply to Thread