+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2163067;
    Okay. The guy playing Henry looked awfully familiar to me. Can anyone give me his name?
    Chris Gorham:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330913/
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I tried watching last week's episode online to prep for tonight's episode and it kept stalling. I missed about 10 minutes early on and I missed the last 10 minutes. Oh well...the best laid plans.

I did see tonight's episode, and can I just say that I am so sick of Betty's sister telling her what a great guy Walter is. I was so ticked off at her that she didn't tell Betty Henry the Super Accountant was on the phone. I was so angry at her for telling Betty that she needs to see Walter for what he is--a really great guy. And I was pretty annoyed that she invited that trampy next door neighbor--who slept with Walter so she could get a discount on a flat screen Plasma TV--into her home. Does she have any loyalty to Betty at all? Does anyone in that family realize that Walter CHEATED on her. And if he did it once, he'll do it again.

Anyone can see that you shouldn't have to try this hard to like someone...and if Betty were my sister, I would tell her, "You're 22 and too young to settle down, much less settle. Date other men. If Walter's the one, it will work out later."

I hope she dumps the loser and dates Henry the Super Accountant. Boy, he looked super cute tonight.

You said that very well, I agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2163186;
    I tried watching last week's episode online to prep for tonight's episode and it kept stalling. I missed about 10 minutes early on and I missed the last 10 minutes. Oh well...the best laid plans.

I did see tonight's episode, and can I just say that I am so sick of Betty's sister telling her what a great guy Walter is. I was so ticked off at her that she didn't tell Betty Henry the Super Accountant was on the phone. I was so angry at her for telling Betty that she needs to see Walter for what he is--a really great guy. And I was pretty annoyed that she invited that trampy next door neighbor--who slept with Walter so she could get a discount on a flat screen Plasma TV--into her home. Does she have any loyalty to Betty at all? Does anyone in that family realize that Walter CHEATED on her. And if he did it once, he'll do it again.

Anyone can see that you shouldn't have to try this hard to like someone...and if Betty were my sister, I would tell her, "You're 22 and too young to settle down, much less settle. Date other men. If Walter's the one, it will work out later."

I hope she dumps the loser and dates Henry the Super Accountant. Boy, he looked super cute tonight.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

FORT Fogey
    I don't like what Betty's sister is doing, but I can understand the motivation. Just as Betty discovered at Walter's Christmas party, there are many many people in her neighborhood who see Betty expanding her horizons as a threat to them - a rejection of the neighborhood they live in. It is a mindset that you grow up in that neighborhood, you meet and marry a nice boy from the neighborhood, and you have babies that will continue to populate the neighborhood. They're comfortable with the life they're living, and rather than having the confidence that Betty does to accept that someone who takes a different approach is just fine, they're feeling it as a threat to themselves. Heck, Betty's sister may also be looking at her with jealousy that she didn't reach out and do what Betty is doing.

There are plenty of women out there who believe that the most important thing you can do is to nab a man. If they didn't portray some of those people in the show, then they'd miss out on illustrating some of the reason why Betty is so wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2163571;
    There are plenty of women out there who believe that the most important thing you can do is to nab a man. If they didn't portray some of those people in the show, then they'd miss out on illustrating some of the reason why Betty is so wonderful.
    I agree here...the problem is the man the family seems to want her to stick with. He cheated on her...and I just don't know any father, sister or brother who would welcome that man back into the home, much less the woman he cheated with. Giving her some sweet Christmas presents doesn't take away from the fact that Walter is still a whiny, cheating jackarse.

FORT Fogey
    But if you think it's that important to have a man in your life, then you're more likely to forgive the cheating. I think that also illustrates the view that her sister has of Betty. In many ways, she doesn't think that Betty could really ever get a man who was better than Walter and doesn't cheat.

Yeah, the sister has a simple view of life in many ways...but when another guy is calling--and didn't Betty tell her Henry made her palms sweat (in her dream, I mean)--she should've passed along the message at least. I don't like that sister. She's passive-aggressive when it comes to Betty. Like she got stuck with a bad (but hot!) guy so Betty can't have better than her.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2163186;

I agree with you 100%. I think part of the reason the sister is so against her leaving Walter is because Betty is already doing better than she could ever do. Betty is 22 and a big shot at a major magazine and just got offered a better job. The sister is jealous of her and doesn't want to see Betty get some great guy, Henry, instead of the cheating Walter
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

hmm .. see I don't see Hilda's motivation being jealousy. Hilda thinks she is doing the right thing, she tries hard but it never seems to work out in the end. The 'good will' to the slaggy neighbour was brought on with prompting from her father - no one should be alone at Christmas. He's a good man and his daughters have good hearts - they just aren't always successful in choosing the right path.
    I agree that both Hilda and Walter see Betty's chrysalis as a betrayal but she owes it to herself to go after what she really wants.
    The acceptance of Walter - even after his betrayal is more about him always being there so it was just expected.
    Walter doesn't make Betty's heart pound and her palms sweat.. but she may come to the conclusion that "steady is safe" and stay with Walter but I really hope she follows her heart and sends Walter packing and takes up with Hunky Henry.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I love this show and love the Betty character, but whoever plays Mark is a very close second favorite of mine. He's hilarious, even the way he narrows his eyes during scenes is funny. I love when he's onscreen.

I'm all for the Betty/Henry romance. I'm not a Walter fan at all.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread