+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

I really like this show -- I have not seen a few of hte first ones so need to watch online but good stuff...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I knew Betty was going to be right about that attorney. I really hope that they will be able to get their money back or she steps up to the plate to help the father
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    If the sister had half a brain, she would've deposited the cash in the bank and paid the attorney with a cashier's check. NOW, they have absolutely no proof that they even gave the lawyer any money. It's their word against hers.

Also, when you're dealing with illegal immigration and deportation, you want to hire an attorney who specializes in that!

DUH all around...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2145971;
    If the sister had half a brain, she would've deposited the cash in the bank and paid the attorney with a cashier's check. NOW, they have absolutely no proof that they even gave the lawyer any money. It's their word against hers.

Also, when you're dealing with illegal immigration and deportation, you want to hire an attorney who specializes in that!

DUH all around...

Well, Betty tried to warn the sister. but once again, she wouldn't listen to anything Betty had to say
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2145974;
    Well, Betty tried to warn the sister. but once again, she wouldn't listen to anything Betty had to say
    I know...but this is where Betty should've just stood up for herself and the family--even knowing that she'd insult her sister. And the father--what was wrong with him? I was diappointed that he didn't let common sense take over rather than worrying about hurt feelings. I would have no problems insulting an attorney (even if she wasn't a corrupt one)...and any decent honest attorney would WANT you to check around and get the best lawyer for your situation. Chances are, if they check out, you'll probably go back to them anyhow. But, of course, this makes for a more compelling storyline...

(I just hate to see thousands of dollars thrown away--even on TV!)

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I was really disapointed that they lawyer screwed Betty and her family over, because I really like Debi Mazur.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2145603;
    I loved it when his father showed him all the football stuff and he pulls out the cup and uses it as a mask, running around saying "I am the Phantom of the Opera!"
    That was hilarious!!! I love that kid.

Did anyone else think that the whole celeb Tim/Chloe and baby Chutney was a thinly veiled reference to Tom/Katie/Suri? I certainly did and I thought it was quite funny.

Also has anyone seen the ABC ads that 'mock' the Heroes "save the cheerleader save the world" commercials? See the ugly and love the ugly. I think it's great!

canadian angel....it was definitely a hit at Tom/Katie/Suri. It was hilarious though.

Okay. The guy playing Henry looked awfully familiar to me. Can anyone give me his name?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread