+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    So would it defeat the Ugly Betty "message" if she goes for the cute guy? Is the message that cute counts for guys, too? Or that "ugly" girls can get cute guys? Are cute guys a reward, like the prince in the fairy tale. Complicated by the fact that the competition is not only less cute but less nice as a person.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I think it defeats the whole empowerment/be who you are message by having Betty stay with a CHEATER. The fact that Super Accountant is cute is a bonus. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. The boss is supposed to be handsome, but she doesn't desire him--so it's already been set up that she doesn't just like attractive men. It looked like she would've liked to have gone on another date with the accountant, but then stupid Walter kept butting his way in AND her family enabled him. (I can tell you that if a cheating Ex showed up at my parents' house, he would not have been welcomed in--and certainly not to share a family meal!)

I also think Walter only wanted Betty back AFTER he was dumped by the neighbor AND after he saw Betty get "hotter."

UGH! Whiny little man. Every time I see him, it just makes my skin crawl. Hearing him speak--even worse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think that the point is that Walter is, basically, looked at as family. Which may also be his ultimate downfall with Betty. It's pretty obvious that he has been around forever.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know...Blood is thicker than water and in my eyes, a cheating boyfriend isn't someone I'd want to keep around as a possible son-in-law. Ick!

I love this show even more and more every episode...mostly because it just keeps getting better and better.
    Hhhmmmmm........
    ABC producers? You guys listening? Yes?....Well then, I've got something to tell you.....
    GET RID OF WALTER! JUST DO IT! SERIOUSLY! The boy (I can't even bring myself to call him a man) is just plain dragging Betty down. She's trying to spread her wings and all he does is cripple her. He is an insensitive, whiny, immature, brat whose personality grates on me MORE and MORE each epsode.
    And that voice?........
    Don't even get me started.
    Okay, now that I'm done my Walter rant, let's focus on the good stuff, since there's lots of it.
    Me likes Daniel and Sofia together. I liked it even better when she said she has a man.
    Hmmmmph, that sounds bad. Oh well, must be the drama queen in me.
    And Justin's Father (Santos?) is Hot, HOT, HAWT.
    Damn.
    From now on, he's named McSpicey, in honour of the term Muggle coined.
    I actually like that plotline. I love Hilda and the plotline just gives me more of her.
    I missed Justin's jokes this episode...although the Martha Stweart thing KILLED me. Love that kid.
    I'm loving Wilhemina and the Southern Dude together too. It's about time my girl Wihelmina got a man.
    I just wish Nico would call her mother back - and actually say something nice.
    Wilhemina, Mark and Amanda ROCK. I love those crazy kids.
    And the Fey thing is kind of starting to bother me...the plotline is moving way too slow...and for God's sakes it wasn't even mentioned this episode.
    But all in all, this show is amazing. Writers keep it up, and we promise to keep watching.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Betty is tolerating Walter because she has a soft heart and doesn't have the belief in herself that she could do better. Notice how he keeps playing with that? I don't want to lose you; you're changing; blah blah blah.:nono
    With everything negative she has to deal with, he's the most expendable. I predict someday she'll have that "Aha" moment and by that time he'll be even harder to scrape off.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2142477;
    she'll have that "Aha" moment and by that time he'll be even harder to scrape off.
    Love that imagery!

Regarding cute accountant:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Question: Seriously, they need to get that cute accountant on Ugly Betty back on the show!— Keith
    Ausiello: He's coming back! Christopher Gorham reprises his role as Betty's nerdy "Mode" crush on Nov. 30.

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Co...o/default.aspx
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

thanks Duxxy for the info!

Duxxy, oooh! That'll be fun! Thanks for the update!

+ Reply to Thread