+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugly Betty: ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2137052;
    I really hate that Betty took Walter back. I see nothing appealing about him at all--he's not supportive. Rather, he's threatened by her and doesn't want to see her succeed in "that" world.

Plus, HE CHEATED ON HER with that skanky neighbor. Ugh! Why stay with him when Super Accountant is on the loose?! Boggles me mind...
    Plus he is whiny. That whiny voice is so grating!

I did not like Salma Hayak. Her character was supposed to be so feminist, but she was just oozing all over the place, chewing up the scenery with all her "cliche sexy" looks and the way she delivered her lines. Yuck!

sh'e the female Daniel.

At first I thought she'd be the anti-Daniel but it turns out she is just like him... in a skirt. I loved that she was so supportive of Betty and her writing.
    I don't know how I feel about Betty re-writing her article. On the one hand, yes - for sure, be yourself, you have nothing to be ashamed of but on the other hand she was given a writing assignment she knew what it entailed. She took the job in the first place to get her foot in the door and then she goes and shoots herself in the same foot???
    So if and when Betty becomes a famous, well paid writer she won't 'stoop' to write for the masses??? This won't be the last time she is asked to step outside of her insular box.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I agree. There are tons of different styles of writing. Writing a TIME magazine type article is great, but NOT for COSMO magazine. It wouldn't fit into the format. So, in that sense, Betty's writing inexperience showed in that she didn't really pay attention to the writing in MODE (which was probably fluffier than she likes). Her tell-it-like-it-is style probably did fit better for Salma's mag, which apparently is more for the real woman. A good (and experienced) writer can write for any magazine's audience.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2136183;
    I actually don't like the subplot with Justin's father.

I thought Wilhemena was great last night in the bar. Mark was hysterical trying to read the "menu" off the girl's shirt
    I'm not crazy about Justin's father plotline either, but that Santos actor is McSpicey cute.

I think Mark is one of the funniest characters on the show. His eyes say a thousand words (with razor sharpness). Especially when he's eavesdropping on Wilhemina.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Mark cracked me up when he said he tried on Wilhemina's boots! I love his character, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm lovin' Mark in all of his bitchy elite-ishness. We'll probably learn that he comes from Cowpone Wyoming or somthing like that
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2138485;
    I'm lovin' Mark in all of his bitchy elite-ishness. We'll probably learn that he comes from Cowpone Wyoming or somthing like that
    That's funny, I was thinking that about Amanda (the front desk attendant). That's where she gets her gold digging ways from and developed a hard shell. She knows the business, because she started from scratch herself.

I really enjoy this show and love that the writers so far have not succumbed to making a shallow show about Betty being tormented by the models and others in the fashion world and instead decided to create characters with depth and interesting backstories. I espicially love Wilheminia and Amanda and what they have done with their characters, making them more than snobbish, mean twits. I also like Betty's home life, particularly Justin her nephew.....I really liked the episode when he went to work with Betty and his interaction with Mark, who is also hilarious. I wish they would either speed up or conclude the Fey subplot. And finally, where are they going with Salma Hayak's character....it can go two ways for me, either Daniel can be totally humiliated by Salma and finally understand how he makes women (Amanda) feel, or they can begin a relationship which in my opinion would totally go against his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2137182;
    I saw America Ferrara buying fruit at Gelson's! I'm just saying. Lol.

She seemed very down to earth and it took me a while to figure out where I'd seen her (so far I've just seen the ads though). The produce clerk was very very attentive to her, and that's when it finally occured to me. She was just in jeans, some type of white top, no makeup, same glasses.
    That's so awesome. Especially the glasses bit. Hee.

In other news, I freaking hate Walter. So that's not really news, but still. It's not just because he cheated on Betty and is no Henry (even though, COME on already, Betty get a clue). But he's such a bratty, whiny, small-minded, clingy little annoyance. How much did I loathe him in that dinner scene! It would've been easy enough for any reasonable person to just get through the meal quickly and get some room service burgers while you laugh about the pretentious restaurant later, but not this fool. Everything is a tantrum with this one, and it is not. cute. Betty's continued acceptance of him just hurts like a hangnail.

And in other other news, Marc and Wilhelmina rule my world.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;2141469;
    But he's such a bratty, whiny, small-minded, clingy little annoyance. How much did I loathe him in that dinner scene! It would've been easy enough for any reasonable person to just get through the meal quickly and get some room service burgers while you laugh about the pretentious restaurant later, but not this fool.
    I was thinking the same thing. Rather than bring him a burger, she should have kicked his butt.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread